You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a splash of alcohol mixed with a splash of poker / is this a lethal mix?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
i find if i succumb to a few cans of my old m8 buddddddddddd  the  wiserrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

my game deteriorates in to a lot of bluffing ,

Comments

• edited November 2009
    my game degenerates in going to 500nl.
  • edited November 2009
    A tipple will often improve my game, but once i am gettin a bit merry my game definately suffers. This is more noticable in house games where i'll get a bit horn*y with my raggy aces and not play my A game.
  • edited November 2009
    I cant imagine playing without beer
  • edited November 2009
    i find 1 bottle of red wine play well, 2nd bottle brings loose aggressive game, 3rd bottle means i have to check bankroll in morning to see what the heck happened the night before!!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    As the great Dean Martin once said: “If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you're not drunk”.

If you can achieve that state, then you're probably fine to play.

And anyway: I play drunker when I'm bet. I may use this line on a T-shirt, actually...
  • edited November 2009
    Having a coffee does my nerves in when I play lol
  • edited November 2009
    I never used to drink and play - I thought I would play worse than I already do - I'm a real lightweight when it comes to alcohol in any case. BUT a few weeks ago I had a glass of wine at a live game in Luton after a bad day and cashed. Tried it the following week, I cashed, and again the next week. 1 glass is all I could do tbh and I have to drink it slowly but it takes the edge off my meekness and gives me a bit of gamble to push with draws I wouldn't have done normally.

It may only be temporary, perhaps my change in style is enough to make others fold at the moment, but they'll soon wise up and start calling me again.

But I would never have more than 1 glass, I'm likely to fall asleep at the table!
  • edited November 2009
    There was a post on here last night about the same thing but looks like it's been deleted.

I think by 35 suited, he'd blown his entire br in a few hours. 
  • edited November 2009
    Alcohol makes you THINK you play better.
  • edited November 2009
    I usually wait until me julee has left me forever (again)  before I play drunk---It always helps speed up the grieving process---but don't think I do it every week--sometimes I just leave the country and wait for her to phone me up
  • edited November 2009
    can still play well after a few drinks, however logging in after being out on a seesion is never a good idea!
  • edited November 2009
    rule no1. never play without a few vodka's down my neck
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: a splash of alcohol mixed with a splash of poker / is this a lethal mix?:
    i find 1 bottle of red wine play well, 2nd bottle brings loose aggressive game, 3rd bottle means i have to check bankroll in morning to see what the heck happened the night before!!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    Ive done this a couple of times on a sunday afternoon, when ive fallen out of bed lol. The worst is when i go to my account and look at the tables i was on and see some of the plays i made lol. I once won £100 all in preflop with a pair of two's, the flop came A,K,7,10, 5. The guy mucked his hand, i won but what a loony lol, this was at 2:55 am drunk as a newt lol
  • edited November 2009
    no   irish rover   drink  and poker  dont    mix
  • edited November 2009
    i  was  playing  on  another      not  mention  the name   while  back  had    1500   dollers  in  my  account   playing  on  the  1  and  2  bucks     was  drunk     came  off  went  on  the  next  day   had 200   left   was  gutted
  • edited November 2009

LOL ,LAST YEAR I WENT OUT TO SWANSEA ,IT WAS MY  MATES BIRTHDAY,SO WE ALL WENT ON THE LASH ,I NEVER DRINK SHORTS ,BUT THIS DAY WE ALL DRANK JUGS OF VODKA REDBULL ,IT WAS A LATE NIGHT AND HOW I GOT HOME I DONT KNOW ...........????ANYWAYS  I WOKE UP IN THE MORNING ,SERIOUSLY ROUGH ,STARED AT THE CEILING AND THOUGHT ,JEEEZZZZZZZ I NEED SOME PARACETAMOL ,WENT DOWN STAIRS AND TO MY HORROR ,I COULD SEE MY LAPTOP WIDE OPEN,MY FIRST THOUGHTS WERE {NO NO NO NO NO NO NO}......CHECKED MY BANKROLL,THE BEST PART OF £200 MISSING ,CANT EVEN REMEMBER PLAYING IT ...........FUNNY THING WAS ,THAT EVERY TIME I WENT TO PLAY CASH AFTER THAT,THIS GUY KEPT FOLLOWING ME AROUND THE SITE ,EVERY TIME I SAT DOWN FOR A GAME, THIS CHAP WOULD SHOW UP WITHIN TEN MINS...........HE MUST HAVE HAD MY MONEY THAT NIGHT ,EASIEST £200 POUND HES EVER MADE,NOW IF I KNOW IM GOING OUT FOR A PROPER DRINK ,I PRESS THE 24 HOUR COOL OFF FACILITY  ................POKER AND DRUNK ,DANGEROUS COMBINATION

• edited November 2009
    oh by the way i wont be drinking budddddd the wiserrrrrrrrrr tonight ,

in the 8.15 deepstack ,

please note this  deepstack mob,

lol
  • edited November 2009
    I love playing against the players who have had a drink or two.
    It can be a source of easy chips if you play them correctly.
  • edited November 2009
    I think a few vodkas help loosen ya up a little.  Although about 4 or 5 in the 'b*gger it I'll gonna call' mentality starts to creep in, and its never pretty when you turn over your bottom pair to their flush.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: a splash of alcohol mixed with a splash of poker / is this a lethal mix?:
    There was a post on here last night about the same thing but looks like it's been deleted. I think by 35 suited, he'd blown his entire br in a few hours. 
    Posted by achill
    Yes that was me, never playing after having a few ciders again, my br wasnt a huge amount around £47 quid but was still gutted to have wasted it, not only wasted it it was they way i wasted it.

My post got deleted because apparently i used a offensive word in the title, cant remember what that word was lol but sorry it offended anyone.

I dont mind playing after a couple of cans but that is as far as i will go now, been gutted all day, wanting to play but havent been able to
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: a splash of alcohol mixed with a splash of poker / is this a lethal mix? : Yes that was me, never playing after having a few ciders again, my br wasnt a huge amount around £47 quid but was still gutted to have wasted it, not only wasted it it was they way i wasted it. My post got deleted because apparently i used a offensive word in the title, cant remember what that word was lol but sorry it offended anyone. I dont mind playing after a couple of cans but that is as far as i will go now, been gutted all day, wanting to play but havent been able to
    Posted by 35suited
    i think it may have rhymed with briggin