You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thread Run Bad

edited May 2012 in The Shed

Sometime in January I had a check-up at the dentist.  He told me that my teeth were in good order.  Running somewhere near expected value so far.

My big -EV move came when I complained of some jipp I was getting from me teeth whenever I drank scotch.  He gave me an X-ray and told me I had some decay in a filling I'd had done 10 or so years ago.  I was to come back to have it refilled. 

I go for me follow up yesterday, spend 1/2 hour in the waiting room, and I eventually see the good Dr, he sticks a needle in me mouth and sets me face to sleep.  He grinds down the old filling and puts a new one in.  He then tells me not to eat anything for an hour.  I haven't had lunch yet.  I'm starving.  

Anyway I hold out for two hours as I don't do things by halves.  I have a bit of trouble with the pasta, probably the worst thing to eat when you've lost the use of your jaw.  Long story short, I've chipped the sod already.  So that's £30 down the drain. Ruddy marv.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Don't talk to me about dentists!!--- I had to have all mine taken out because of a heart operation ( don't ask!), they still hav'nt managed to get my false ones right, three times I had to have them remade!--- the last ones were perfect, except the two front ones were 3mm off centre! flop sake!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Thread Run Bad:
    Don't talk to me about dentists!!--- I had to have all mine taken out because of a heart operation ( don't ask!), they still hav'nt managed to get my false ones right, three times I had to have them remade!--- the last ones were perfect, except the two front ones were 3mm off centre! flop sake!
    Posted by oynutter
    They do it on purpose.  Anything to get you back in the door.

I'm going to leave it just that little bit longer until I go back from now on.  That way I'll regain the value of the filling in about 30 years.