You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20nl is not depressing,where else can u get this action?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

just to disagree with all the 20nl hate at the moment here some nice 20nl action
xxxxSmall blind £0.10£0.10£27.30gazza1965Big blind £0.20£0.30£9.55 Your hole cardsAA   xxxxCall £0.20£0.50£8.00SNOOPY616_Fold    weedgiRaise £0.80£1.30£23.50ryan83Fold    xxxxCall £0.70£2.00£26.60gazza1965Fold    xxxxCall £0.60£2.60£7.40Flop  594   xxxxCheck    xxxxBet £1.30£3.90£6.10weedgiRaise £4.00£7.90£19.50xxxxCall £4.00£11.90£22.60xxxxAll-in £6.10£18.00£0.00weedgiAll-in £19.50£37.50£0.00xxxxCall £19.50£57.00£3.10xxxxShowA5   xxxxShowA9   weedgiShowAA   

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Yep, prime example of horrible players. Neither of them should have been in the hand by the flop... So often the case they see an ace and got to play it, and then get into all kinds of trouble with the other card.
  • edited May 2012
    had to leave  turn and river out .enough bad beat storys on here
    the overcaller with a5 scooped it ,with a back door flush ,depressed lol far from it ,more like happy the action is so good

this was my biggest losing hand in 2 days of playin 20nl  !!
  • edited May 2012
    playing A9 oop is fine if you have reads on villains range and how often they cbet flop and turn and/or give up to a raise on the flop etc

you cant just say 'neither of them should have been in the hand by the flop' without knowing anything about the hero or villain or any dynamics at the table
  • edited May 2012
    NL20 is not depressing when you pick up AA )

bit of a wait though :S
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 20nl is not depressing,where else can u get this action?:
    playing A9 oop is fine if you have reads on villains range and how often they cbet flop and turn and/or give up to a raise on the flop etc you cant just say 'neither of them should have been in the hand by the flop' without knowing anything about the hero or villain or any dynamics at the table
    Posted by percival09
    The drop in hand strength from A10 down to A9 is pretty horrific, and playing it OOP is equally bad if not worse generally. If the ace hits board and villain cbets often HU (which he should be doing) then its going to cost you at least one other call most likely on the flop. Villian may have a loose opening range in late postion, which should be the case in 6-max, but doesn't mean just cus I can open raise with 35 suited that A10+ isn't in my hand too. So, what you going to do, c/c the flop if ace hits? C/R to find out if they have an ace really? Donk bet it?

Yes, all great and good if they don't have an ace, or its weaker one than you have, but I still say that rag aces will either win a small pot or lose you a bunch. Found from my poker tracker that rag aces just cost money more often than not. Certainly if anything I just hate a CALL with them. Fine if you think guy in late postion raises light a lot, then i don't mind having a dig at them with a reraise, but just hate calls OOP with holdings that are easy to be in a dominated postion.. Still each to their own methods of play, but its really not needed at this level and takes more post flop savvy not to lose more with them.
  • edited May 2012
    I know what you're saying, and 95% of the time I fold A9 oop
    I was just making the point clear that you can't made such a judgement without any significant information on hero or villain. I agree with a lot of what you said and I'm just saying your play shouldn't always be as clear cut as saying they definitely shouldn't be in the hand