You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Overlay, coming your way?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Tonight's Friday Night Main Event is a Double Chance 4,000 chip jobbie with £10,000 guaranteed & a 10 minute tick-tock. With a £33 price tag, it's a bit heavy for some, but if you can afford it, there's serious value there.

Last week, albeit with a bigger Guarantee, the Overlay was a wallet-crunching £3,000, ouch.

It had a total of 322 runners, meaning the players contributed £9,660 of the Prize Pool. It's not been Promoted much this week - if at all - so there may - may - be some serious value on offer tonight.

If that one's a bit much, there's a nice trio at 9pm, 9.30pm, & 10pm - a £1,000 Guaranteed at 9pm, £5.50, a £1,500 Guaranteed BH at 9.30, for £11, & a £1,000 Guaranteed £5.50 Velocity at 10pm. Take your pick, as Michael Miles used to say. Anyone remember Michael Miles?

Yes? BONG!

No? BONG!

Does anyone know what I'm taking about?

Yes? BONG!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I'll open the box and take the 7.00 deepstack please lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Overlay, coming your way?:
    Tonight's Friday Night Main Event is a Double Chance 4,000 chip jobbie with £10,000 guaranteed & a 10 minute tick-tock. With a £33 price tag, it's a bit heavy for some, but if you can afford it, there's serious value there. Last week, albeit with a bigger Guarantee, the Overlay was a wallet-crunching £3,000, ouch. It had a total of 322 runners, meaning the players contributed £9,660 of the Prize Pool. It's not been Promoted much this week - if at all - so there may - may - be some serious value on offer tonight. If that one's a bit much, there's a nice trio at 9pm, 9.30pm, & 10pm - a £1,000 Guaranteed at 9pm, £5.50, a £1,500 Guaranteed BH at 9.30, for £11, & a £1,000 Guaranteed £5.50 Velocity at 10pm. Take your pick, as Michael Miles used to say. Anyone remember Michael Miles? Yes? BONG! No? BONG! Does anyone know what I'm taking about? Yes? BONG!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

That is affermative :), it was the Yes, No interlude
  • edited November 2009
    See what u say m8,,,and the value is there,,,

But for a more serious player, would rather play a SNG for the same price,,,to many fish, you have to be extreamly lucky, to get in deep, gl
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Overlay, coming your way?:
    See what u say m8,,,and the value is there,,, But for a more serious player, would rather play a SNG for the same price,,,to many fish, you have to be extreamly lucky, to get in deep, gl
    Posted by brookbrid
    Yes, it will take a bit of luck to win, & some bullet-dodging - but the first Prize last week was over £3,000, & even 3rd was over a grand, so that's to be expected £3,000 is rarely won easily in this life.

So I, along with about 300 others, will be giving it a shot.

Good Luck in your SNG.
  • edited November 2009
    I'll open the box and take the 7.00 deepstack please lol
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    That was Hughie Green, surely? I really can't remember - please confirm.

• edited November 2009
    tikay, check out the structure for doublestack sattelite, 10 places in and a massive bubble prize, is this right? 
  • edited November 2009
    [QUOTE]tikay, check out the structure for doublestack sattelite, 10 places in and a massive bubble prize, is this right? 
    Posted by rats107

It does not sound right, no, but I can't find it - I'm trying to Enter, & finish 11th!

Where is it in the Lobby, please?
  • edited November 2009
    Its already running , 11th place £253 lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Overlay, coming your way? : That was Hughie Green, surely? I really can't remember - please confirm.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hughie Green was Double your Money.

Take the money/open the box was Michael Miles.......I think
  • edited November 2009
    I have had 3 big sandwiches of value this week, still felt hungry afterwards....

Also Tikay, i HAVE PUT A SUGGESTION WITH REGARDS TO THE 2K,,£100 ENTRY..ANY CHANCE U COULD HAVE A LOOK?,

• edited November 2009
    tikay, check out the structure for doublestack sattelite, 10 places in and a massive bubble prize, is this right? 
    Posted by rats107
    Thanks Rodent,

I replied elsewhere as follows.....

OK, here's the coup.

As someone said, it SHOULD read....

1st to 17th - SEAT

18th - £22. (It might be £20, I forget).

The 11th place will get a SEAT - & NOT £253!

Thanks for pointing that out!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Overlay, coming your way? : Hughie Green was Double your Money. Take the money/open the box was Michael Miles.......I think
    Posted by elsadog
    You were SUPPOSED to say "yes" or "no"......sigh.
  • edited November 2009
    I could have replied in the affirmative or the negative had I wished, couldn't I?
  • edited November 2009
    Aren't you supposed to be Tikay10 on the tables tonight?
  • edited November 2009
    Aren't you supposed to be Tikay10 on the tables tonight?
    Posted by Machka
    Oops - so I am!

I will have to withdraw all my "tikay1" entries now, & re-enter as "TIKAY10".

Thanks for the reminder.

Not like me to forget.....
  • edited November 2009
    I could have replied in the affirmative or the negative had I wished, couldn't I?
    Posted by elsadog

Well, Ye......lol, I like what you did there!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Overlay, coming your way?:
    Tonight's Friday Night Main Event is a Double Chance 4,000 chip jobbie with £10,000 guaranteed & a 10 minute tick-tock. With a £33 price tag, it's a bit heavy for some, but if you can afford it, there's serious value there. Last week, albeit with a bigger Guarantee, the Overlay was a wallet-crunching £3,000, ouch. It had a total of 322 runners, meaning the players contributed £9,660 of the Prize Pool. It's not been Promoted much this week - if at all - so there may - may - be some serious value on offer tonight. If that one's a bit much, there's a nice trio at 9pm, 9.30pm, & 10pm - a £1,000 Guaranteed at 9pm, £5.50, a £1,500 Guaranteed BH at 9.30, for £11, & a £1,000 Guaranteed £5.50 Velocity at 10pm. Take your pick, as Michael Miles used to say. Anyone remember Michael Miles? Yes? BONG! No? BONG! Does anyone know what I'm taking about? Yes? BONG!
    Posted by Tikay10
    It sounds like the depleted start to news at ten!
  • edited November 2009
    Im much to young to remember ..  ..dont start ...

I thought 'The BONG' was at the start of a film made by 'The Rank Organisation' ..
     I thought I read somewhere that you auditioned for the part TK  for  GONG mister ...
    and that was your first job in show bussiness ?

(lol no wonder the girls keep sending you xxx on their posts)    
    no not bed posts (doh)...posts on your threads !!

glk   benny ...