You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Points Happy Hour??

edited November 2009 in Community Suggestions
I was thinking that perhaps during the day (between 1-3pm?) a double points period could be introduced to increase traffic during the early afternoon?  Would also help low stakes players and beginners see some benefit from regularly playing as points accumulation is very diffuclt at 4NL etc. Obviously I'm basing this on FTP's Happy Hour and so I understand this may not be possible for a site not of such size.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Poker Points Happy Hour??:
    I was thinking that perhaps during the day (between 1-3pm?) a double points period could be introduced to increase traffic during the early afternoon?  Would also help low stakes players and beginners see some benefit from regularly playing as points accumulation is very diffuclt at 4NL etc. Obviously I'm basing this on FTP's Happy Hour and so I understand this may not be possible for a site not of such size.
    Posted by nagrom
    Between midnight and 6am would be better, thats when it is slow.
  • edited November 2009
    i  think  if  u  start   a  table  u  should  get    double  points 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Poker Points Happy Hour??:
    Posted by nagrom
    I think its a good idea in principle but whatever time you choose to run it you will get people complaining that they can't participate and are therefore losing out because of work or some other daily commitments at that time.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Happy Hour??:
    In Response to Poker Points Happy Hour?? : I think its a good idea in principle but whatever time you choose to run it you will get people complaining that they can't participate and are therefore losing out because of work or some other daily commitments at that time.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I THINK YOUR MISSING THE POINT HERE KIWINI, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WHEN NOT MANY ARE PLAYING, TO ENCOURAGE MORE AT THESE TIMES, LIKE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING, OR LUNCHTIME DURING THE WEEK, OR TEA TIME ETC, AND TOUGH IF PLAYERS CANT MAKE IT, I WOULDNT MAKE MOST OF THE TIMES MYSELF LOL
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Happy Hour?? : I THINK YOUR MISSING THE POINT HERE KIWINI, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WHEN NOT MANY ARE PLAYING, TO ENCOURAGE MORE AT THESE TIMES, LIKE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING, OR LUNCHTIME DURING THE WEEK, OR TEA TIME ETC, AND TOUGH IF PLAYERS CANT MAKE IT, I WOULDNT MAKE MOST OF THE TIMES MYSELF LOL
    Posted by loonytoons
    Come on this is the POKER forum, of course people are going to moan lol
  • edited November 2009
    CAN I HAVE EXTRA POINTS FOR PLAYING BADLY ?
  • edited November 2009
    I like the concept but allocating the time would be tricky.
  • edited November 2009
     YES YES YES, amazing idea, ive thougt about this as well, do it sky.
  • edited November 2009
    you should move this thread to suggestions, that way the skyteam will look into it
  • edited November 2009
    i wouldnt be using this idea so much myself at present as im on my break (although going by way ive played recently i may make my return soon).

However i think this would be an idea to get sky poker a little busier a differnt times. I used to play alot at night and unless on a cash table struggled to get a game, also the lunchtime thing i used to play the odd tournament at and there wasnt usually more than 10 within.
  • edited November 2009
    i  think  if  u  start   a  table  u  should  get    double  points 
    Posted by scrumdown
    +1

I remember a site that used to do this a while back.  They might still do, I`m not sure
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah it would be great if we could get it implemented, how would I go about moving this thread to suggestions then??
  • edited November 2009
    I like the idea in priciple, but I am not sure how it could be worked.
    Also the idea of the person starting a table getting double points is a good idea.
  • edited November 2009
    It's a good idea, and does work on FTP.

I prefer late night early morning for double points, as 1-3 is still a relatively peak time compared to 12am onwards.
  • edited November 2009
    extra points for what? entry to freerolls... nice. make a sky poker shop first.
  • edited November 2009

HOLD ON... WHAT ABOUT ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN WITH SKY SINCE DAY 1 AND HAVE BOUGHT POKER POINTS UP LOADS OF TIMES AND HOW TO SPEND THEM....  AND STILL HAVE NO REAL ANSWER...SURELY THEY MUST SORT THAT OUT FIRST BEFORE EVEN SUGGESTING DOING THIS?

• edited November 2009
    Could try early afternoon/very late evening, dont see it affecting the number of players much though
  • edited November 2009
    extra points for what? entry to freerolls... nice. make a sky poker shop first.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    To count towards Cash for points at the end of the month?!
  • edited November 2009
    Good idea!  Could do with some extra points..hehe
  • edited November 2009
    its not going to make that much difference... i would rather have a sky poker shop first.
  • edited November 2009
    This is not really the problem,

The problem is skypokers 'cash for points' system in the first place.

First of all because as a rakeback deal, it falls far behind what other sites offer, and secondly. because there are hundreds of us with thousands upon thousands of points going spare.

Sky first of all need to improve the deal or will never attract a decent amount of players, and then either create a 'skypoker shop' for people to spend their points, or set up sit n go's/mtt's with a player point buy in where the prize in tournament entry. Lets face it, on the value of them there could be a 10 player sit n go with a 500 pp entry where the winner goes into primo (roughly about the right price i think) but will sky do it, no, because as it stands our points are worthless, unless you enjoy £100 freerolls with 1000 players!
  • edited November 2009
    well i have been playing on skypoker since its infancy,

and i find it is improving in its freerolls and point system in a ongoing bases ,

but as the numbers improve i am sure the freerolls will,

it seems skypoker is been unfairly compared to a lot of the bigger pokers sites ,

all of these sites have 100k players and more ,

sky in its peak have only 10k .

but i do find sky have a excellent listening ear .

also been a live tv show ,

it has big overheads ,

just look at richard orford ,

d amn was doing well up till that last comment ,

ah  well said it now  lol

• edited November 2009
    Good idea!  Could do with some extra points..hehe
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    lol
  • edited November 2009

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I will move this discussion to the Suggestions forum for further review.

jimbo31 please feel free to put your poker points suggestion in the Suggestions forum as well, even if you have done it already, the more the merrier :)

SkyMod

• edited November 2009
    this would be big!