You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Notes

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
How many people here make notes and anybody frequently get good reads on people from your notes?

Never really done it seriously but think i should be using it! :)

Comments

• edited November 2009
    every session I make notes.  it is harder when multi-tabling.

just got to remember that they are just an indicator to their tendencies as players might have been on tilt/drunk or maybe they have just got better since you last made the note.

• edited November 2009
    If you don't make notes in cash games, this is probably your biggest leak :p

Notes are essential, particularly in sky poker where u cant take advantage of HUDs to isolate fish. It can help you adapt your game so u can read people's hand ranges.
  • edited November 2009
    As scotty says they're not fool proof, take anything with a pinch of salt - particularly if u have a habit of tilting a bit against a villain who has just 2 outted you and making bias'd notes.
  • edited November 2009
    always keep notes , i have notes on most players,

some simple ones you may try,

v = very

g= good

p= player

b=bad

now this is just a quick note system i use ,

it works like this ,

vgp = very good player

gp = good player

bp = bad player

vbp = very bad player

now this scale can go up or down i.e

vvvbp = very very very bad player

this is stage 1,

now stage 2,

look up www.sharkscope.com

and you will get a fair idea of the type of player you are up against ,

now stage 3.

add to these notes as u play them .ie

guy/gal pushes all in on mid pair and still has big stack ,

guy/gal raises x5 on ak and follows through 1/2 pot bet if he /she misses flop

i hope this is of help

regards 
               irishrover

• edited November 2009
    i do not,personally my  style of play is very varied so if someone made a note on me it would be irrelivant the next time they played me.If this is the case with someone else i feel like i would be tricking myself with my own notes.I would much rather get a read on someone at the time of playing.
  • edited November 2009

Before i used to always look up evry player on Scope but that started to get boring, now if some guy makes a fancy reraise pre or summit strange i look him up to see if its a donk who wants some fun or a proper player.

• edited November 2009
    I note the good'uns and the bad'uns and ignore every1 in-between
  • edited November 2009
    Cheers lads some good stuff

How do you determine who you consider a good player at your table? most of the notes i make are usually an easy to spot fish
  • edited November 2009
    BEING ABLE TO SAVE NOTES ON HERE  IS SOMETHING I FIND VERY USEFUL . I CAN PUT THE PLAYERS NAMES IN THE BOX ...... THAT WAY I ALWAYS KNOW WHO IM PLAYING AGAINST......
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Notes:
    Cheers lads some good stuff How do you determine who you consider a good player at your table? most of the notes i make are usually an easy to spot fish
    Posted by Hogg321
    for a start note who is capable of folding and who calls you down with bottom pair on a 2c 10h Jh Qh Kh board
  • edited November 2009
    Hi PILLOWMAN,
    I didnt no it was possible to make notes on here on players. How is that done?
    x
    Thanks Hun
  • edited November 2009
    boro u right click on their name and u add a note
    sometimes i go on bluffing runs and sometimes i am very tight lol
    its best to vary your play, but i never use sharkscope cause it doesnt give u a true reflection on a players ability.
    has certain players as losers but they are actually big winners!"
  • edited November 2009
    LOL , I COULDN'T REMEMBER , HAD TO OPEN A TABLE ... HAVE WE MET BEFORE ???
  • edited November 2009
    boro u right click on their name and u add a note sometimes i go on bluffing runs and sometimes i am very tight lol its best to vary your play, but i never use sharkscope cause it doesnt give u a true reflection on a players ability. has certain players as losers but they are actually big winners!"
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Thanks for that. Will start making my notes.
    x
  • edited November 2009
    LOL , I COULDN'T REMEMBER , HAD TO OPEN A TABLE ... HAVE WE MET BEFORE ???
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    lol, have we met before?
  • edited November 2009
    I also make note on certain players using the player box.
    Most of the notes do become out of date if you don't play that player very often, so keep updating them.