You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Yikes, Ironbridge. I went there on a schcool trip and had forgotten about it until now. FML.
    0-10 for imaginative town naming imo.
  • edited July 2009
    How hot is the Clifton suspension bridge?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT:
    How hot is the Clifton suspension bridge?
    Posted by NoseyBonk

It was a Design & Build job by I K Brunel Construction. Go visit it - it's astonishing, built all those years ago, & still doing the job perfectly, despite carrying loads far in excess of those it was designed for. While there, visit the Camera Obscurer just above the Bridge - it's marvellous.

I K Brunel also built the three great Iron Steamships of the time - Great Eastern, Great Western & Great Britain,  Menai Bridge, Thames Tunnel, Box Tunnel, Bristol Harbour, & in his spare time the ntire Great Western Raiway, including those Cathedral-like Termini at Paddington, & Bristol Temple Meads.

And this bridge - the largest, longest & flttest brick built arch ever constructed at the time, at Maidenhead, over the Thames. His critics scoffed, & said it would collapse within weeks. To this day, it stll carries the Great Western Main Line. How's that for "fit for purpose"?

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT : It was a Design & Build job by I K Brunel Construction. Go visit it - it's astonishing, built all those years ago, & still doing the job perfectly, despite carrying loads far in excess of those it was designed for. While there, visit the Camera Obscurer just above the Bridge - it's marvellous. I K Brunel also built the three great Iron Steamships of the time - Great Eastern, Great Western & Great Britain,  Menai Bridge, Thames Tunnel, Box Tunnel, Bristol Harbour, & in his spare time the ntire Great Western Raiway, including those Cathedral-like Termini at Paddington, & Bristol Temple Meads. And this bridge - the largest, longest & flttest brick built arch ever constructed at the time, at Maidenhead, over the Thames. His critics scoffed, & said it would collapse within weeks. To this day, it stll carries the Great Western Main Line. How's that for "fit for purpose"?
    Posted by Tikay10
    hey tkay i work on the railway on the overhead lines m8 am COSS and a.p AUOTHORISED PERSON im sic 2 death of seein the tracks but reckon u wud love my job, it involves sleeping all night in the back of my van m8 and gettin paid silly money,if u want 2 swap for 1 week we can m8, cheers lol 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT : hey tkay i work on the railway on the overhead lines m8 am COSS and a.p AUOTHORISED PERSON im sic 2 death of seein the tracks but reckon u wud love my job, it involves sleeping all night in the back of my van m8 and gettin paid silly money,if u want 2 swap for 1 week we can m8, cheers lol 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    That would mean Mick analysing the Open! Heaven forbid!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT : hey tkay i work on the railway on the overhead lines m8 am COSS and a.p AUOTHORISED PERSON im sic 2 death of seein the tracks but reckon u wud love my job, it involves sleeping all night in the back of my van m8 and gettin paid silly money,if u want 2 swap for 1 week we can m8, cheers lol 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Overhead lines? OVERHEAD LINES?

Catenery, purlease.
  • edited July 2009

Stirling Bridge - Scotland

Stirling bridge in Stirling Scotland was the site of the massacre of English troops at the hands of William Wallace (aka Braveheart). He swept down from the nearby hills whilst the English army was crossing this narrow bridge in 1287, and his vastly outnumbered men were victorious.

P.S Michelle is hotter than Kara imo...

• edited July 2009
    Stirling Bridge - Scotland Stirling bridge in Stirling Scotland was the site of the massacre of English troops at the hands of William Wallace (aka Braveheart). He swept down from the nearby hills whilst the English army was crossing this narrow bridge in 1287, and his vastly outnumbered men were victorious. P.S Michelle is hotter than Kara imo...
    Posted by mike1975
    The English got beat by the Scots? Get away! That's not happened often, has it?

I thought England owned Scotland - no?

PS - Fine bridge, Sir. I was up by the Forth Bridges a few weeks ago - absolutely stunning.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT : It's not a Train Bridge, it's a Pedestrian Bridge. See... More to the point - yoi are a Train Driver? Tell me more! Passenger, or Freight? Line? How long? My Dad was a Train Driver - Steam Engines & then Diesels,  - & I so wanted to follow in his footsteps, onto the footplate, but he would not let me - "get a proper job, one where you wear a tie". He was on the GWR - what else? - & Fired, & Drove, "King George V", with the it's famous Bell, regularly, as did Grandad Angell.
    Posted by Tikay10

Passenger, about 5 yrs. Chester, Crewe, Holyhead, Manchester, Brum, Bidston, Stafford. Also, we wear ties these days.

MICKJENN1, I prob know u or ppl that do. I used to live in Crewe and know quite a few on Overheads.

Do you know Matty Fagan, Jason Williams, Russ and Chris Dale, Dougie Dawson, Norman Skelly, Chris Smith, Peter Charlesworth.

Theyre not all from same company, some of them with contractors. Who you work for Network Rail??
  • edited July 2009
    I have heard of being on a different page but this is ridiculous - we are in different libraries now!

Can we get back on topic now please? Sky moderators aren't doing a very good job letting all these people take this off topic :P
  • edited July 2009
    I have heard of being on a different page but this is ridiculous - we are in different libraries now! Can we get back on topic now please? Sky moderators aren't doing a very good job letting all these people take this off topic :P
    Posted by dowzer
    Perhaps we could petition and get a loco named after Kara Scott, and besides, there havent even been any train and tunnel innuendos yet.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT : Perhaps we could petition and get a loco named after Kara Scott, and besides, there havent even been any train and tunnel innuendos yet.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Rich is still in bed - there will be lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW HOT IS KARA SCOTT : Rich is still in bed - there will be lol
    Posted by dowzer
    I shudder to think what Rich might say.

There's me, busily trying to divert attention from the Thread Title, in case it gets a bit "hot", & there's Rich, doing his best to do his double intendre thingie.

Nightmare!
  • edited July 2009

OMG WHATS HAPPENED 2 MY THREAD,THOUGHT I HAD LOADS OF PICS OF KARA ,THEN IT TURNS OUT TIKAYS BEEN SENDING PICS OF BRIDGES AND TRAINS ,OMG BITTERLY DISSAPOINTED,TIKAY UR BANNED LOL

• edited July 2009
    Michelle is the babe of Sky poker - easily.