You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Analyse plzzzz

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexTheNutzxSmall blind 20.0020.005597.50El_MogulBig blind 40.0060.002680.00 Your hole cards108   ROCKET80Call 40.00100.002097.50Macie007Fold    mariagod20Call 40.00140.003887.50day4eire76Fold    xTheNutzxCall 20.00160.005577.50El_MogulCheck    Flop  1097   xTheNutzxBet 120.00280.005457.50El_MogulRaise 480.00760.002200.00ROCKET80Fold    mariagod20Fold    xTheNutzxCall 360.001120.005097.50Turn  4   xTheNutzxBet 560.001680.004537.50El_MogulAll-in 2200.003880.000.00xTheNutzxCall 1640.005520.002897.50xTheNutzxShow99   El_MogulShow108   River  5   xTheNutzxWinThree 9s5520.00 8417.50
The is from a £3.30 BH which I just played. I like to take the aggressive route in situations like this but not entirely confident in my play so some analysis would be great. I quickly scoped the guy who I was involved in the hand with and his rating is 74... so a good player.

Comments

• edited May 2012

You cant get away from this because of his stack size

I would only flat the flop though and then stack off on the turn i guess

just a cooler

• edited May 2012
    The guy donk bets into 4 players so obviously he has a strong hand, then he donks the turn after a big raise on the flop. What did you put him on ??? Your never ahead his line is uber strong.

Regarding your play : No comment lol.

Greg why is it a cooler ??  What are we beating ??
  • edited May 2012
    'never go broke in a limped pot' as they say.

He made up from the small blind so just wants to see a cheap flop with a hand with potential it would seem. 
    Just think about hands you could be getting value from, from my limited experience of the mini he could have a whole bunch of random hands on the flop but on the turn he's never doing that with nothing, the only hands you would betting value from is 98 which is a pretty smal range tbh!
      I would have said raise less on the flop or flat, bearing in mind you still have players to act behind, if they come over the top of you, would you be folding or getting it in?
       Also on the turn I would have said you should now be worried if you're not already so just flat (especialy now that you have position and the pot is hu) and await the probable shove on the river but you have to assume youre behind on the turn imo. 
    Gregg are you being sarcastic? Lol
  • edited May 2012
    no im not being sarcastic, starting to wonder if i am reading this hand wrong!

how many chips does the villain have and what are the blinds?

If i am reading it right, the villan has 569 chips, so that is 14 big blinds...

We have flopped top pair and an open ended straight draw.

We had 2860 chips before the hand or 67 bigs. The most we can lose is 14 bigs from this stack yes?

He bets  out  120 chips or 3 big blinds and we have players behind. So I would personally peel. Then I can make a turn decision when the other players behind fold/call or whatever.

But essentially, im not folding the turn either as played, and probably not folding it played my way... too many outs,com
  • edited May 2012
    Flat flop, flat turn (maybe fold depending on his bet size), fold river if you don't improve. 
  • edited May 2012

Ignore all of the above, i misread the stacks!!!

Fml

Please try to post full chipstacks without chopping numbers off the end...

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Analyse plzzzz:
    Flat flop, flat turn (maybe fold depending on his bet size), fold river if you don't improve. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this,,,, now i have read the stacks properly!
  • edited May 2012
    raising flop is wayy tooooo aggressive imo
    call flop
    you're never getting called by worse on the turn

• edited May 2012

Imo, you've got to consider yourself as behind to 99, 77, an overpair to board or maybe AT(TPTK) and should only be basing your bets on pot odds and whether its worth it. After all he has donked and called your reraise so must be strong. Another donk on turn so he confirms this, i think.
    Not sure if implied odds can be counted as once J or 6 come then the straight is on show really.
    All the best

• edited May 2012
    Had wondered gregg :p

This flop is no where near as good as OPster seem to think it is vs range of hands that continue.  We have TPNK MW, all cards that improve our hand likely hit oppos pretty hard or stop us getting action vs those few we beat.

Def flat flop & fold turn. PC over aggression for me.

BTW there is no donk lead
  • edited May 2012
    Cheers for the feedback. I normally don't post on here as I'm normally confident with my plays, but I wasn't confident with this one so I'm not surprised that I've had negative responses.

Taking in everything I think this sort of aggression would be fine if the pot was HU to start with but in a 4-way limped pot (especially at a low stakes BH) I was was too aggressive.

Cheers ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Yes call flop and turn to keep bluffs in plus you have draw too.

When you raise you rarely get called by worse and make pot really big with a pretty weak hand, TP no kicker. 
  • edited May 2012
    don't like the raise on flop

you have showdown value and a draw )

call down

you should only raise if your happy getting it in, if you get it in then your only very likely playing your draw - that is not good :(

• edited May 2012
    hate the raise on the flop u are not bluffing u have a good hand and the raise on the turn hate it y not just call each street unless u hit the 6 then jam all in dnt like the raises on flop and river your hand is not that great u have alot of showdown value call each street