You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i put this man on a 10 so i reraised my fh what would you do?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
 Your hole cards

brotycon Call  £0.10 £0.25 £19.32
danboy22 Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £6.07
MessiJKoff Fold     
kevlar24 Fold     
WEDNESD633 Fold     
brotycon Call  £0.40 £1.15 £18.92
Flop

brotycon Bet  £0.70 £1.85 £18.22
danboy22 Raise  £1.98 £3.83 £4.09
brotycon Fold     
danboy22 Muck     
danboy22 Win  £2.35  £6.44
danboy22 Return  £1.28 £0.20 £7.72

Comments

• edited May 2012
    deffo not raise u havent got deepstack so if u call let opponent bet on turn just call u will double up by doing this no need to raise let opponent bluff each street if u was deeper stacked say £20 then cann understand the raise as u want to get a full double up but as u only have like 6 quid no point raising
  • edited May 2012
    you're probz losing out on value most of the time - he's probz got a 10 here like 5% of the time
    I'd probz call with your stack and either let him bluff again or let him hit his draw and go broke

• edited May 2012
    How did you put him on a10? just cause he put 10 10 9 board doesnt mean he has a 10!! just flat call let him bluff or over value a hand.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: i put this man on a 10 so i reraised my fh what would you do?:
    How did you put him on a10? just cause he put 10 10 9 board doesnt mean he has a 10!! just flat call let him bluff or over value a hand.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    THIS ^^
  • edited May 2012
    because with my luck and a novice i usually slowplay hand he has a 10 then hits the other card to make full house that beats mine im not very lucky and dont like seeing other people catch cards lol
  • edited May 2012
    and if he had a 10 he would get it all in behind
  • edited May 2012
    I dont hate it tbh, but may as well ship than click back, getting snapped by OP's and some draws.

Reason I dont hate it is with your stack he is just going to shutdown turn vast majority of time.  Unless he is verrrrry bad he wont fire turn.  But may elect to GII with paint range.

Sat deeper is obv flat. 

Even if he improves on later street he will be in c/c c/f mode once you flat flop bet with that stack depth (unless is very bad as said).

So dont hate it, but think we have to take our chances that he IS bad or improves and gets stuck.  But tbh am putting an oppo on a 10 here about zero of the time.  If we add in OP's and some pait overs w draw then just GII.

Flop raise just looks so strong.  If raising just ship and let him cry call some hands and hero call Ahigh others.
  • edited May 2012
    Flat best here IMO

Don't hate raising v good player though, esp if deeper and can't get it in by calling down
  • edited May 2012
    I pretty much flat this most times, but would be some what dependant on reads on villian. Most times when you flop massive you need them to either have a big chunk of the flop too, or to catch up. So in this spot good chance if he has the ten he doesn't come out firing because he just might not what to scare you off with his good flop. So here I may just peel with a call as if I'm just saying "i dont' believe you have a ten". Then look to raise on the turn if he fires again. If he doesn't I can make a bet which he may well view as me trying to steal etc.

Certainly its difficult for him to come with you on the reraise unless he has a ten or a decent PP. Might come with a big ace as well, but less likely unless he has seen you liking to reraise people on flops a fair bit. And yes its more difficult to play for stacks if don't reraise the flop, but not impossible and more likely than if he really has missed that board, which is quite likely on most occasions when flopped trips are only about 2% chance.
  • edited May 2012
    with danboys stack size u have to call here all of the time its wrong to raise imo only way u can get a double up is by flatting