You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£22 Dym, comfortable stack and QQ...

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Is a fold the correct mathmatical play because i already have chips... Do i need to call here?

ActionCardsAmountPotBalancePjPirate Small blind  25.00 25.00 545.00 GREGHOGG Big blind  50.00 75.00 3890.00  Your hole cards Q Q    XXX Call  50.00 125.00 2305.00 taylerrace Fold     NAILS01197 Fold     PjPirate Call  25.00 150.00 520.00 GREGHOGG Raise  150.00 300.00 3740.00 XXX All-in  2305.00 2605.00 0.00 PjPirate Fold     GREGHOGG Call  2155.00 4760.00 1585.00 GREGHOGG Show Q Q  

so annoying the other stack sizes are not saved, but i believe they are both medium stacks and not in danger.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Tough spot Greg - all depends on reads i suppose.

I wasnt going to comment on this thread cos i dont know what i would do.

Happy to of helped.
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Greg

Firstly, you can go to hand history and see previous hands with the missing stackson. The stacks do not show if they are not in pot but quite ightly they should be considered. However, it is early in tornament, cusp of early/middle so there is a very long way to go.
    Had you met this player before and had a read as £22 DYM's attract REGS. Did you have any read on hm from previous encounters. It really is a judgement call with QQ. Any info is like gold here. If you had AA, KK then its a call. For me here, imo, i call but if in doubt a fold is fine and is probably correct.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 Dym, comfortable stack and QQ...:
    Tough spot Greg - all depends on reads i suppose. I wasnt going to comment on this thread cos i dont know what i would do. Happy to of helped.
    Posted by goodylad21
    I am readless soz, should have made that clear in OP

thanks for your help tho innit :)
  • edited May 2012
    Having tayler and nails stack sizes would help a lot, pretty sure you can look at previous hands to get them.

If he had limp/raised small I might fold but limp/shove looks a lot weaker to me so would call as just can't see him doing this with AA/KK and only other bad hand to see is AK and either way you're not dead. 
  • edited May 2012
    this is a fold (in game not sure what i would do though) 1 because you have a decent chip stack and a great chance to cash, and 2 you are risking 2155 to win 2605, a pretty much even money gamble, so if villain only shoves pre here with Ak, kk, AA, QQ, then its too risky to hope for a flip especially when you have greater chance of cashing if you preserve you're stack, and play small ball; steal the blinds etc. In an MTT its an easy gamble but adding 2.6k to you're stack here be it a dym when you are already deep (70+bb)  is not as valuable imo. 

If you call here you have to be pretty confident that he shoves worse than QQ, not inc AK btw. 

Readless this is a fold.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 Dym, comfortable stack and QQ...:
    this is a fold (in game not sure what i would do though) 1 because you have a decent chip stack and a great chance to cash, and 2 you are risking 2155 to win 2605, a pretty much even money gamble, so if villain only shoves pre here with Ak, kk, AA, QQ, then its too risky to hope for a flip especially when you have greater chance of cashing if you preserve you're stack, and play small ball; steal the blinds etc. In an MTT its an easy gamble but adding 2.6k to you're stack here be it a dym when you are already deep (70+bb)  is not as valuable imo.  If you call here you have to be pretty confident that he shoves worse than QQ, not inc AK btw.  Readless this is a fold.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Glad you posted this and thanks.. Yes i agree its a fold 100%. it felt wrong at the time to call... i defo have a big edge with  the chips i have already and will cash a large percentage of the time if i fold

fwiw he had AKs and binked.. I still cashed tho :)
  • edited May 2012
    i wouldnt call look at your stackkkkkkk it should be a easy top 3 if u lose this then ya might not cash forthis reason i fold 
  • edited May 2012
    Limp/Raise is super strong. Even when it's not a DYM, I'd seriously have to think about how much I like my Pocket Queens. I'm more than happy to fold this in a DYM when I have chips.
  • edited May 2012
    readless it's a fold

hard to call when you don't know what oppo does the UTG back raising thingy ma jig with

• edited May 2012
    Limp raise I'd probably just fold. 

If it was just a shove over your raise and he hadn't have limped I'd have called expecting a range of: AK,JJ,1010.