You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER CLINIC THURS 17TH MAY

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

Please post your hands to be analysed on this thread if you would like us to view them on Thursday nights Poker Clinic at 8pm. All comments/feedback are welcome on all the hands that are posted.

VERY IMPORTANT!
We can only show hands from tables or tournaments with a TV icon next to them.
We also need you to tell us straight off which tournament or table the hand is from, as the hand i.d. on its own takes too long for our team to find.

We also welcome comments on the hands from the Poker Community.

All the best

TV Team

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hi, I would like a hand analysed on the show please. The thread is titled....sigh fold? call? help...need serious improvement when it comes to spots like this.

It is from the mini open and the hand ID is 519942640.

There has been a difference in opinion and I would be interested to hear your views on the hand.
  • edited May 2012
    Not so much a crying or hero call as a crying but cheery fold!!!
    The hand no is 514417118 and is from the 12k Bh. I'd satellited into twice through two rounds but as it was outside my immediate financial comfort zone, i'd been unable to 'pull the trigger' on both of those occasions. By great luck a couple of posts to the show with Rich Orford had won best post and so a free opportunity was given to me to give it a good go. 
    This hand probably occurred a little early in the Tournament. I'd had some , shall we sharp experiences with three lots of JJ in one particular session and had written my one and only bad beats post.  Feeling suitably de-stressed i went into the T in fine fettle.
    A raise and a limp in early BH so i adopted a let's see approach and called. To be honest, i was set mining. A good flop came for JJ but two clubs. I checked but a 2/3 raise and then re-raise either had an overpair or top pair and possibly flush draw. The reraise decided it for me. I folded and the all-in raise and call made me able to see the AA...a smile ran across my face." What was Q9o doing with just top pair good kicker?", i must admit to thinking. Little did i know he was a clairvoyant and he obviously knew what was coming.......what a turn and river!
    Hope you enjoy this hand. Do you think what i did was ok? I feel it was as so early in BH's, people fish even after making raises.
    By the way, my lucky escape made no difference as i failed to even win a single bounty though i did make it to the first break...one of my targets for the night. All the best Steve aka profman15