You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
 Your hole cards
  • A

danboy22 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £4.74
Tsaaaar Fold     
Jamelia Fold     
Ryzing65 Fold     
brobat Call  £0.20 £0.56 £5.64
FfLlTt89 Fold     
Flop

• J

brobat Bet  £0.56 £1.12 £5.08
danboy22 Call  £0.56 £1.68 £4.18
Turn

• K

brobat All-in  £5.08 £6.76 £0.00
danboy22 All-in  £4.18 £10.94 £0.00
brobat Unmatched bet  £0.90 £10.04 £0.90
brobat Show

danboy22 Show
  • A

River

• A

danboy22 Win Pair of Aces £9.28  £9.28

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Whats the point in this post?
  • edited May 2012
    well i will tell you my thought i called the flop bet to see if i hit a draw or an ace or to even bluff the turn but he shoved the turn and i hit my draw so i called and i quite liked it so i showed you miserable person
  • edited May 2012

Wait for a better spot. You get these guys all the time. Also fold pre.

• edited May 2012
    no such thing as a donk bet. If he was 3 betting you all the time though, wait for a better hand than A5 and shove on him pre if he does it. That way he gets the message or doubles you up and will be out of the game.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre:
    no such thing as a donk bet. If he was 3 betting you all the time though, wait for a better hand than A5 and shove on him pre if he does it. That way he gets the message or doubles you up and will be out of the game.
    Posted by Dazler
    Huh?

Generally, on the flop, you check to the pre-flop raiser and allow him to c-bet.

A "donk bet" is simply betting instead of checking to the pre-flop raiser - probably because "donks" do this, not knowing that they can extract a bet from the pre-flop raiser by allowing him to c-bet then check/raising, instead.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre:
    well i will tell you my thought i called the flop bet to see if i hit a draw or an ace or to even bluff the turn but he shoved the turn and i hit my draw so i called and i quite liked it so i showed you miserable person
    Posted by danboy22

and if you read my comment i said he donk bet everytime i raise pre which is a question for advice do you always have to fold to a donk bet or wait for the nuts on flop you imbecile
    Posted by danboy22
    No need for this...
  • edited May 2012
    will you please remove players names when discussing how a player plays!!!!!! ps wind ya neck in.
  • edited May 2012
    You seem to have the wrong mental state for poker if I'm honest. Not only do you say that someone donk betting is enough to put you on tilt, it seems that this thread put you on tilt too. This is not good in general as you need a stable state of mind at a poker table, and even more so in a cash game. This is lot of reason say someone like phil helmouth sucks at cash games as he can't control his emotional state of mind.

As for this hand. Fold preflop. A5 is a rubbish hand UTG and before you say "but it was suited", that only means it is 2% stronger in hand strength than an unsuited A5... don't play them, it will cost you long term. Flop you had nothing and normally you should fold here. A float on a flop you miss is fine if you believe you can win the pot on further streets because you know villian tends to shut down if their flop cbet or donk bet is called and they missed.

The call on the turn was pretty bad as well. At that point all you had was Ace high and a flush draw with only one card to come. if you do this same move every time you have one card to come and only a flush draw you will lose a lot of money as you're only going to hit the flush one in five times.

If you have aggresive villian thats great, don't let him alter your game to a bad one. Just wait till you do have a hand and then let him donk off his whole stack to you. And finally again, learn to avoid getting tilted. :)
  • edited May 2012
    You seem to have the wrong mental state for poker if I'm honest. Not only do you say that someone donk betting is enough to put you on tilt, it seems that this thread put you on tilt too. This is not good in general as you need a stable state of mind at a poker table, and even more so in a cash game. This is lot of reason say someone like phil helmouth sucks at cash games as he can't control his emotional state of mind. As for this hand. Fold preflop. A5 is a rubbish hand UTG and before you say "but it was suited", that only means it is 2% stronger in hand strength than an unsuited A5... don't play them, it will cost you long term. Flop you had nothing and normally you should fold here. A float on a flop you miss is fine if you believe you can win the pot on further streets because you know villian tends to shut down if their flop cbet or donk bet is called and they missed. The call on the turn was pretty bad as well. At that point all you had was Ace high and a flush draw with only one card to come. if you do this same move every time you have one card to come and only a flush draw you will lose a lot of money as you're only going to hit the flush one in five times. If you have aggresive villian thats great, don't let him alter your game to a bad one. Just wait till you do have a hand and then let him donk off his whole stack to you. And finally again, learn to avoid getting tilted. :)
    Posted by KAM99
    1 in 4 but agree with the rest
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre : 1 in 4 but agree with the rest
    Posted by The_Don90
    Its 4:1 on the draw I meant. :)
  • edited May 2012
    seems wierd and a massive problem you have if someone always donk bets out to you that you fall into the trap of then bringing your game down to play weak ace/ marginal hands got lucky this time and please believe its lucky but 8 times out of 10 he prob put you out and tilt you further
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre : Huh? Generally, on the flop, you check to the pre-flop raiser and allow him to c-bet. A "donk bet" is simply betting instead of checking to the pre-flop raiser - probably because "donks" do this, not knowing that they can extract a bet from the pre-flop raiser by allowing him to c-bet then check/raising, instead.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Have to agree with the Evil one on this. His lead out bet on the flop is. without doubt, a donk-bet.
  • edited May 2012
    Miserable person?

I still stand by my post this is pointless and a waste of everyones time.

• edited May 2012
    If youve got someone donking into all the time surely thats a good thing? Wait till you have the goods then extract max value by letting him donk of his chips.

BTW 'donk' betting is not always a bad play if you know how to use it effectively.
  • edited May 2012
    donk play is coming bkhe opponent on a range so u can g into fashion all depends on texture of flops innit and putting the opponent on a range so u can get paid 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre : 1 in 4 but agree with the rest
    Posted by The_Don90
    no you hit it 1 in 5
  • edited May 2012

if you have a flush draw on the turn, the odds of completing your draw are 4/1

4 to 1 odds, so 4 + 1 = 5.

100 / 5 = 20%.

So if you have 4 to 1 odds, you have a 20% chance of completing your draw

go it

good

my work here is done

thanks

bye

• edited May 2012
    Posted by danboy22
    Thanks for sharing - dont listen to these spoilsports
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre : no you hit it 1 in 5
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    I assumed he just misread it, hence added the change to odds after he said it. Maybe not though, so good to clarify for him, as some do mix up odds and see 4:1 the wrong way. :D
  • edited May 2012

isnt it 25% with one card to come, or am i missing something?

• edited May 2012
    isnt it 25% with one card to come, or am i missing something?
    Posted by The_Don90
    13 of one suit, minus 4 in our hand and on the board, so 9 outs

52 cards in the deck, minus 6 in our hand and on the board, so 46 cards in the deck

Chance of hitting flush draw = 9/46, which is a tiny bit under 20%.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: this guy tilted me a bit he donk bet every time i raise pre : 13 of one suit, minus 4 in our hand and on the board, so 9 outs 52 cards in the deck, minus 6 in our hand and on the board, so 46 cards in the deck Chance of hitting flush draw = 9/46, which is a tiny bit under 20%.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    ah thank you for the explination mate. i woundered where i was getting it wrong