You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA NL10 folding time?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Anyone folding this spot ?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceessexpokerSmall blind £0.05£0.05£11.65rancidBig blind £0.10£0.15£16.30 Your hole cardsAA   cardcrashFold    Bodie66Raise £0.20£0.35£19.26topchipCall £0.20£0.55£24.31pengeboyFold    essexpokerFold    rancidRaise £0.60£1.15£15.70Bodie66Fold    topchipCall £0.50£1.65£23.81Flop  J79   rancidBet £0.83£2.48£14.87topchipRaise £4.14£6.62£19.67rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    3b bigger pre
    lol previously I said I'd bet half pot ish in a 3b pot, so now you do it and in this scenario I'd bet more purely because that's a pretty awful flop and you're both deep

his raise is mega, it's read dependant
    I'd probz sigh and fold if I was playing good poker
    depends if he does this with combo draws like J10, I doubt it
    it's probably close, you probz do have enough equity to get it in but you've probz got an edge on the limit so I'd wait for more clear spots
  • edited May 2012
    I'd 3bet a bit more pre OOP.

Flop bet bigger to charge draws.

If he'd raised smaller more likely semi-bluff IMO just trying to steal pot but that sizing looks he wants to build pot really fast with big hand and that flop connects with pairs such as 77/99/JJ that would flat pre IP.

Also if he had draw I'd imagine he'd flat IP being given great odds to hit.
  • edited May 2012
    Not a great situation to be in, ugly flop facing large r/r, but a few tweaks imo would make it easier playing weaker players oop, raise more pre, 80 is not enough, 60 standard + 40(2limpers) + 20 for being oop, so i would make it at least £1.20, and if i have seen these guys limp call v wide, i would charge more £1.40-1.60. 

Post flop; on flop like these you need to c-bet bigger imo, you need to charge bad players bad odds to chase their draws, and no need to balance your range here, so dont worry about playing your cards face up. Also m8 you have to be careful playing connected boards like these as you could be faced with the nuts, or huge draw, 2 pairs etc, saying that i would always c-bet here but i would not think twice about folding if a guy raises me and felt i was behind, or i would shut down i i got called and a scare card comes on the turn.

As played flop; i would c-bet 1.40(or closer to pot), then make a decision if he raises. 

As played facing raise; its either a shove or fold, i think if he is bad, over playing top pair, plays draws fast etc, i think shoving is fine, but folding is fine too and probably the right decision.

• edited May 2012
    one of those isnt it:-)  what you should do and what you actually do are 2 different things.
  • edited May 2012
    I Heard somewhere cant remember where but if multiple opponents then you should reraise 2x initial raise per person in the hand or was it 3x cant remember to isolate. I prob fold there maybe fight another day depends on opponants range during the game. AA only good HU in most cases i find.
  • edited May 2012
    From what I saw of this guy in a tournament I think you are beat here in this spot to a set. As others have said raise more preflop though to account for the min raise and one caller. Raising to 3x is bad when this has happened due to being OOP and just giving them great pot odds to call your raise, as you give anything in the 3:1+ region and its a pretty straight forward call.

The fact he raises so big tends to fit with a a made hand thats worried he may get outdrawn on a draw heavy board, and so I'd be very surprised if you are ahead here, but of course its loosely possible he is doing it with TP.
  • edited May 2012
    cheers guys, pre yeah probably should raise more

c bet is too small

end up randomly clicking buttons when playing 9 tables :S

do agree though should c bet more and fold to the raise

@ Dudeskin, I think your spot on - no way oppo is raising with draws as the price is right to call
    we can rule out QQ/KK
    only leaves AJ/2 prs and sets -
    doubt oppo raises like this with AJ looking back at it but on this wet flop I thought oppo would at the time :s

FWIW oppo had a set 7's

why is getting away from these hands the hardest thing to do at the time but when you look back it's so easy to fold :S

• edited May 2012
    depends on your reads still
    villain could get quite excited by the prospect of a flush and get ittt innn
  • edited May 2012

how can you expect a real answer when you give NO reads whatsoever.

pre flop - bigger, you are out of position and DEEP vs opponents, would like to see 80p at least.
    flop - yeah wtf? half pot on a really wet board, bad job.

imo, thank him for his raise size and say not today and click the fold button.

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: AA NL10 folding time?:
    how can you expect a real answer when you give NO reads whatsoever. pre flop - bigger, you are out of position and DEEP vs opponents, would like to see 80p at least. flop - yeah wtf? half pot on a really wet board, bad job. imo, thank him for his raise size and say not today and click the fold button.
    Posted by NColley
    allllllllllllright fella ! I get the point )

I have no reads :S

but does being readless make it an easier fold ?
  • edited May 2012
    i think i find a fold gotta think what are u beating when raised a flush draw yeah but even then just favourite can u see villain overplay a j  i doubt it looks like a set or maybe 10 q hearts maybe 
  • edited May 2012
    More pre and on flop

Readless I prob get it in, he prob shows a set a good bit though

• edited May 2012
    100 percent player read in this one if he does this often id snap call if he not done anything out the ordinary then fold it as could have hit his set.
    dont put him on likes of kk or qq so i dont think you have him crushed because he would have re reaised pre but he could easy have jj or 99 or 77 and if he been playing normal id put him on set tbh

big sigh and fold but then again if i was playing loose and fast id call and sigh lol