You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good or bad fold? tricky hand

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
poooop Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £27.81
petermand Big blind  £0.20 £0.40 £13.32
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

MrDirk Fold     
oneluv1979 Raise  £0.60 £1.00 £5.81
cobra2k909 Fold     
robz7 Call  £0.60 £1.60 £25.64
poooop Call  £0.40 £2.00 £27.41
petermand Call  £0.40 £2.40 £12.92
Flop

• J

poooop Check     
petermand Check     
oneluv1979 Bet  £0.80 £3.20 £5.01
robz7 Raise  £1.60 £4.80 £24.04
poooop Raise  £6.40 £11.20 £21.01
petermand Fold     
oneluv1979 Fold     
robz7 Call  £4.80 £16.00 £19.24
Turn

poooop All-in  £21.01 £37.01 £0.00
robz7 Fold     
poooop Muck     
poooop Win  £15.20  £15.20
poooop Return  £21.01 £0.80 £36.21

Comments

• edited May 2012
    your line is horrible

if villain is a fish then raising might be ok but probz not in a multiway pot, but if you do raise you have to really get it in because he'd get it with much less - readless and/or if villain is solid enough calling is the best line

if you do raise, I hate calling to fold to a turn shove - either fold to the flop raise or call the turn shove
    but ideally just call 

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or bad fold? tricky hand:
    your line is horrible if villain is a fish then raising might be ok but probz not in a multiway pot, but if you do raise you have to really get it in because he'd get it with much less - readless and/or if villain is solid enough calling is the best line if you do raise, I hate calling to fold to a turn shove - either fold to the flop raise or call the turn shove but ideally just call 
    Posted by percival09
    But i dont want to be shoving in with aj its not massively big tbh in a all in pre, im likely to be behide if i shove all in i think.  Thats the thing the villian wasnt loose he was fairly tight... i fully agree with calling flop and folding turn that was a real mistake.  Do you think i was beaten ?
  • edited May 2012
    Calling the flop and folding the turn is fairly poor, as it leads me to ask what were you calling the reraise with a mind to? If calling hoping to improve its not good, and the board is ultra dry so unless he is mega loose its not likely he has any draw on this board. Given his preflop action an overpair seems unlikely, but a set is certainly possible, and given his raise on flop there is little doubt he will continue on turn with either big bet or as in this case a shove. Can't see him taking this line with KJ or JQ etc unless you've seen him play that wild so far. SO readless I have to think I'm dead here more often than not.

Either way you should be deciding on flop if you are going to play for stacks or fold, as thats what his reraise is saying, and so a call and a fold on the turn is just a waste of money to be honest.
  • edited May 2012
    Just fold the flop if your not going to get it in on the turn. Seen POOOP make some moves but doubt he is doing this than any less than an overpair or set.
  • edited May 2012
    if u think aj is not massive hand y raise the flop then u are not bluffing u have a good hand as played im calling the all in but i would of caled the flop and then decide on the turn the turn looks a brick so i would call down 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or bad fold? tricky hand:
    if u think aj is not massive hand y raise the flop then u are not bluffing u have a good hand as played im calling the all in but i would of caled the flop and then decide on the turn the turn looks a brick so i would call down 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Its a good hand but not one i consider an all in with pre. I realise i made a mistake on the flop i should either fold or be prepraed to go all the way barring nothing scarey comes out on turn.... thanks everyone for the advice very helpful
  • edited May 2012
    Prob flat first flop bet readless, fold to cold 3bet c/r as played

If you call flop don't fold blank turn
  • edited May 2012
    ive not read the response above so sorry if i repeat any1 but calling pre on the button is so horrible you putting yourself in trouble right there.
    then the call of £6 is worse tbh i think your behind full hand
    easy fold tho maybe you folded it 2 bets too late
  • edited May 2012
    I prefer to just flat flop as it keep in bluffs and you're IP too so can assess, if you are going to raise for value you should make it more, min raise lets him see turn very cheap.

When the other guy makes a massive 3bet I probz fold here as he's repping a very big hand and on that board which is very dry he doesn't have many semi-bluff draws.

If you call that raise though then you have to call the turn all in as it's pretty much a blank apart from agressive played 42 lol