You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The £865 Freeroll is back - tomorrow!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Enjoyed it last time, didnt cash but  looking forward to it again. could be a good bankroll booster :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The £865 Freeroll is back - tomorrow!:
    Rather play in a 2000man crapshoot for free than none at all! Besides, i'd be watching it anyway!
    Posted by Deadluck
    Too right. £865 for free, & still there are moans!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The £865 Freeroll is back - tomorrow! : Too right. £865 for free, & still there are moans!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol, you just cant please some people can you tikay.....Some1 has got to win &y ou have got to be in it to win it..
    P.S Tikay, did i tell you how much of a darling you are   XXXXX :-) XXXXX
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The £865 Freeroll is back - tomorrow! : Lol, you just cant please some people can you tikay.....Some1 has got to win &y ou have got to be in it to win it.. P.S Tikay, did i tell you how much of a darling you are   XXXXX :-) XXXXX
    Posted by borobabe09
    I'm liking your style......
  • edited November 2009
    Yr in tk grab ya coat you have pulled
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The £865 Freeroll is back - tomorrow! : I'm liking your style......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Am i any closer to a clue? x
  • edited November 2009
    pulled mmmmmmmmmmm
  • edited November 2009
    Entry is not mandatory.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh... You're such a bully....! ;-) lol

• edited November 2009
    LOL.........XXXXXXX
    Yes its official
    I am now the chairwoman of the Tikay fan club
    New members sign below pls
    P.S This is the official club
    XXXX
  • edited November 2009
    The freerolls here are fantastic value for money.

The posters freeroll equates to a five quid buy in per head. Absolutely amazing for a freeroll.

Even the 865 will equate to 50p per head (ish)

Most of the players in it will be the 30p DYM and £100 freeroll bunch. You are not going to get better value anywhere.

Some of the bigger sites offer $20 freerolls that pull in 8000 runners.

Be thankful Sky offer these daily. It must cost a fortune.

So far Sky offer a £2000 monthly league.
    a £250 weekly posters
    Daily points freerolls

On top of this, they offer many, many free entries to tourneys via the goals and caption competition games.

so far, that equates to over £7000 monthly given away in freerolls.

This is before the rake back we get on our points.

In terms of rake, this must be a fair chunk of what they collect.

They pay the presenters and analysts, run a t.v. channel and pay all the backroom boys.

I have no doubt Sky poker currently operates at a loss.

Now, freerolls are not everyones cup of tea, they certainly are not mine, but none the less, don't bite the hand that feeds.
  • edited November 2009
    Hale72, thats the way to do it.
    x
  • edited November 2009
    The freerolls here are fantastic value for money. The posters freeroll equates to a five quid buy in per head. Absolutely amazing for a freeroll. Even the 865 will equate to 50p per head (ish) Most of the players in it will be the 30p DYM and £100 freeroll bunch. You are not going to get better value anywhere. Some of the bigger sites offer $20 freerolls that pull in 8000 runners. Be thankful Sky offer these daily. It must cost a fortune. So far Sky offer a £2000 monthly league. a £250 weekly posters Daily points freerolls On top of this, they offer many, many free entries to tourneys via the goals and caption competition games. so far, that equates to over £7000 monthly given away in freerolls. This is before the rake back we get on our points. In terms of rake, this must be a fair chunk of what they collect. They pay the presenters and analysts, run a t.v. channel and pay all the backroom boys. I have no doubt Sky poker currently operates at a loss. Now, freerolls are not everyones cup of tea, they certainly are not mine, but none the less, don't bite the hand that feeds.
    Posted by Hale72
    I agree with your post 100% except for this bit
  • edited November 2009
    Maybe so Diablo.

I cant know the exact figures obviously.

But in terms of site traffic, during the day there are only 500 or so seated. Evenings, there are maybe up to 2000.

Rake taken = pennies per hand/stt or a couple of quid for the bigger mtt.

Its still a huge number of hands that are required to be played just to pay for the freebies given away.

I still feel that the site is subsidised by Mr Murdoch to a degree.

The televised tourneys must run at a loss. 600 players paying a couple of quid buy in each. Now even I know that £1200 is not gonna pay for a three hour broadcast.

The mighty Orfords fee must be at least that!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Maybe so Diablo. I cant know the exact figures obviously. But in terms of site traffic, during the day there are only 500 or so seated. Evenings, there are maybe up to 2000. Rake taken = pennies per hand/stt or a couple of quid for the bigger mtt. Its still a huge number of hands that are required to be played just to pay for the freebies given away. I still feel that the site is subsidised by Mr Murdoch to a degree. The televised tourneys must run at a loss. 600 players paying a couple of quid buy in each. Now even I know that £1200 is not gonna pay for a three hour broadcast. The mighty Orfords fee must be at least that!!!
    Posted by Hale72
    That's a good point :)
    The TV channel WILL attract new customers every day
    It's the higher cash games where they will make £'s
    But, yes, I agree, they do right by their players in my mind
  • edited November 2009
    Yes the rake on higher cash games are obviously more.

Unfortunately the players with the bankroll/ability to participate are very limited.

And also, yes, the television broadcast makes skypoker unique and does ultimately attract new customers so to that extent, sky need to run these broadcasts at a loss to ultimately keep the footfall of traffic to the site steady.
  • edited November 2009
    sky recently changed their broadcasting status. I believe this is to allow for advertising of gambling, this is why it is banned in northern ireland now, so i think adverts will soon be available for all, therefore revenue
  • edited November 2009
    i put up a similar post last night  hale,

but by ffff  i cant remember where ,

well done for flying the flag for sky m8y
  • edited November 2009

Remember guys, the Password for tonight's "865 Freeroll" will be revealed during tonight's Live TV Show (Master Cash), between 9pm & 9.30pm.

You must then Register for the 865 Freeroll using the revealed Password.

The 865 Freeroll will then start at 9.45pm. It will be 2,000 chips & on a 7 minute clock.

The seats will fill very fast, & there is a capacity of 2,000 runners.

Good luck.
  • edited November 2009
    So I take it the password is....

revealed!
  • edited November 2009
    So I take it the password is.... revealed!
    Posted by Hale72
    I like what you did there. Very clever. And very wrong. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    As your show is starting at 8pm tonight, does that mean that we get 90 minutes of clues? ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    As your show is starting at 8pm tonight, does that mean that we get 90 minutes of clues? ;-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    Is it Professor Plum in the conservatory with the candlestick?
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay, will you be in the freeroll?
  • edited November 2009
    Me is thinking of winning that freeroll  !!!
  • edited November 2009
    Well, i`ll try me best i suppose.
  • edited November 2009
    A lot of people slate this poker site, but, having played on most of them, i rate sky poker amongst the best.
  • edited November 2009
    your giving too  many  clues  away  tikay   lol
  • edited November 2009

Lol at you guys.

NO CLUES!

I got in SOOOO much trouble last time. Never again!
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay, will you be in the freeroll?
    Posted by efgloser
    No, because I'm doing the Live Show tonight.

Which starts at 8pm. And in which the Password will be reveled between 9pm & 9.30pm.

So anyone who wants the Password will have to endure Rich Orford blathering on aimlessly, & my pearls of wisdom, until the Password is revealed.
  • edited November 2009
    Lol at you guys. NO CLUES! I got in SOOOO much trouble last time. Never again!
    Posted by Tikay10
    When's Orford online then? He'll help us out..........and let's face it, if he gets in trouble its a win/win situation ;)