You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good fold or not in late DYM??

Hi folks,
Still 5 left and no micro stacks as far as i can remember.
Was this the correct action regardless of result. It was the call in sb that was disconcerting...
 Why get involved in sb and such a big stack as well as having a player who could effectively knock you out behind? I wasn't worried about first all-in raise as he's just 6bb and so range is fairly wide.
Correct logic or were the cards just too good? I don't think so but i'd like your opinion...cheers

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancestowman1Small blind 100.00100.004065.00profman15Big blind 200.00300.003552.50 Your hole cardsQA   hombre2Fold    GraeFold    GameJackAll-in 1225.001525.000.00stowman1Call 1125.002650.002940.00profman15Fold    stowman1ShowAJ   GameJackShowKA   Flop  JK6   Turn  4   River  10   GameJackWinPair of Kings2650.00 2650.00

Comments

• edited May 2012

If you'd shoved the river woulda been an A! ;-)
     I'm prob folding here.

• edited May 2012
    I may get slated for this, but i would call the all in & hope to check it down with the SB.

If it goes t*ts up, you still have 12.5 BBs left, which is plenty !!

Win this hand & your guarenteed to qualify :)
  • edited May 2012
    Always calling first shove but after call your hand shrinks up IMO so fold for me.

Don't like just flatting as really tough to trust the other player to check it down as well, if it was 4-handed I would call however as it could be the last hand but 5-handed the game is still live whatever the outcome.

Finally you have 3500 if you fold which is very healthy in a DYM so no need to throw away that safety cushion.
  • edited May 2012
    easy fold for me... we have plenty of chips already