You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 DYM bubble play

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Back playing some £5 DYM's for a little bit and not sure if this is a call or fold
other two stack are 3500 & 4000 each approx
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sainthelen Small blind   200.00 200.00 1670.00
rancid Big blind   400.00 600.00 2040.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

connell12 Fold        
SUPERSNEDD Fold        
sainthelen All-in   1670.00 2270.00 0.00
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Depends on reads and mainly how often he's been shoving on your blind, if it's been liturally every orbit then easy call but if he's just been blinding down not playing any hands then suddenly does this it's probably a fold.

Readless though I would call 4-handed as you should be well ahead of his range. 
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Rancid
    A little on the cusp...
    5bb after maybe less if near next level. Other two stack sizes are needed as existence of a micro is decision affecting. I assume there wasn't asyou'd have mentioned itand as approx 7.5k in chips between other two players lets assume one big stack and one around 2000.
    For me this is a knife edge call or fold so reads/ info / ss/ clock are helpful. With nothing unfavourable then its a call, imo as he is sb with <=4bb and possibly very big stack at able willing to aggress....you are probably ahead for his 4 bb range as he's getting desperate.
    Sorry its a little foggy but there are factors to consider, i feel. All the best....
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    Ye you are ahead of a normal shipping range. Easy call with these stacks
  • edited May 2012
    I can't fold this. Against a total nit random I can maybe fold, but this player is a reg, he knows what he's doing, he'll know he has to shove almost ATC here. With A9, I'm snapping this.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to £5 DYM bubble play:
    Back playing some £5 DYM's for a little bit and not sure if this is a call or fold other two stack are 3500 & 4000 each approx Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance sainthelen Small blind   200.00 200.00 1670.00 rancid Big blind   400.00 600.00 2040.00   Your hole cards A 9       connell12 Fold         SUPERSNEDD Fold         sainthelen All-in   1670.00 2270.00 0.00 rancid
    Posted by rancid
    It's a close one, normally against SaintHelen, it's an easy fold, but since they are on the button and only 4 x bb it's probably a call and cross your fingers.

At the same time, there's no problem in folding here and then putting the squeeze on SaintHelen's blinds or you could wait until the big stacks step in and do it for you.

This one is on the cusp in this spot!!