You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I have called or re-raised here?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #520985507 (15:54 18/05/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
VINEY73 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £34.94
Tooned Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £38.31
  Your hole cards

richtea Fold        
THETOCS Call   £0.20 £0.50 £24.23
AAKINGKONG Fold        
VINEY73 Fold        
Tooned Check        
Flop

• K
  • J

Tooned Check        
THETOCS Check        
Turn

• J

Tooned Bet   £0.25 £0.75 £38.06
THETOCS Raise   £0.50 £1.25 £23.73
Tooned Call   £0.25 £1.50 £37.81
River

Tooned Bet   £1.20 £2.70 £36.61
THETOCS Raise   £2.40 £5.10 £21.33
Tooned Raise   £4.00 £9.10 £32.61
THETOCS Raise   £5.60 £14.70 £15.73
Tooned Call   £2.80 £17.50 £29.81
THETOCS Show
  • K

Tooned Show

Tooned Win Flush to the King £16.62   £46.43

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Tooned... For future reference. WHen you have a question about a hand post the hand up to the point you are questioning your next action and then cut off the rest of the hand so that people that you are asking advice from are not influenced at all by seeing what the outcome of the hand was. It makes for better advice in general.

Also, not sure which point are you asking about now because of the fact you didn't cut it off. I assume you mean on the river? If you mean the river then yes call would be right. He could easy have a better flush or even a fullhouse on a paired board. So its not wise to get to crazy on those boards with a baby flush and resistance as it was. Thats totally readless. If I knew villian played as I might change that opinion of course.

Also, its good to blank out the players name you are up against. Most forums we use hand converters that put "hero" and "Villian" for our names so that you aren't ever putting someone in a bad situation if they played a hand badly etc. :)
  • edited May 2012
    fold pre but hey "I just drive the bus"
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I have called or re-raised here?:
    fold pre but hey "I just drive the bus"
    Posted by rancid
    Yes you should always fold rather than check your option on the BB.....
  • edited May 2012
    fold ? hes bb lol cant beleive action on river by opponent with just 1 pair i thought he had atleast a set very lucky to get as much as ya did 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I have called or re-raised here? : Yes you should always fold rather than check your option on the BB.....
    Posted by KAM99

folding is far easier, less stress!

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I have called or re-raised here? : folding is far easier, less stress!
    Posted by rancid
    I assume you just misread the board preflop and aren't being serious now, cus it would be pretty weird option. Sure if you got garbage hand you aren't going to be calling if you hit one pair really overly often, but two pair, trips, straights or flushes why on earth wouldn't you play it post flop? Fold pre.... really?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I have called or re-raised here? : I assume you just misread the board preflop and aren't being serious now, cus it would be pretty weird option. Sure if you got garbage hand you aren't going to be calling if you hit one pair really overly often, but two pair, trips, straights or flushes why on earth wouldn't you play it post flop? Fold pre.... really?
    Posted by KAM99

yeah ofc i mis read it ! or maybe I am just a sarcastic **** !

who only drives the bus )

• edited May 2012
    I would say that against the average opponent at this level it would not be profitable to get it all in in this spot.

Agree that for future reference you should blank out the player's name unless you have their permission. Especially if they are not exactly covering themselves in glory with their play.
  • edited May 2012
    Turn bet fine and river value bet good but against your average player when he click minraises to £2.40 he usually has a good hand so I would just flat here instead of opening up the betting again.

Got to remeber it is a limped pot so he could have ATC, i.e J4/J5 can't be ruled out as well as many better flushes.

Also agree leave players names out, even if you don't critisise it's just the safer option and shows respect. Final result as well shouldn't be included IMO as it can sway opinion.
  • edited May 2012
    Call river raise