You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER

edited October 2015 in Betting Chat
I usually avoid these markets like the plague as they are 100% guess work unless your in the know.
so i am just passing on info recieved please do with it what u want.
At work yeserday a college of mine whos a big liverpool fan got a call from a mate who works for liverpool says that liverpool will be interviewing plenty of candidates but the word is that Jurgen Klopp is there number one choice.
when i got home last night hes 8/1 and martinez is 1/2 and the news is all about martinez and hes a good as got the job. i was only gonna have a small bet so 8/1 didnt tempt me. he drifted out to 16/1 on sky then someone decideds to offer him at 41/1 on betfair so i had a cheeky £5 just because id kick myself if it did come in.
then about five minutes later liverpool release a statement pretty much saying exactly what the source had told my mate about interviewing other candidates.
Id never heard of klop but seems hes borousia dortmand manager and turned them round from 10 years of nothing to win 2 championships, so hes got expirience in doing exactly what liverpool need as well as champions league expierence.
hes still avaliable at 25/1 so might be of interest

Comments

• edited May 2012
    thanks badboy , had a dabble at 33-1
  • edited May 2012
    i personally think its ideal job for martin o'neil, not sure what sorta contract hes on at sunderland but if he was offered it i think he would snap at the chance, 33/1 so thats my outside pick
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER:
    thanks badboy , had a dabble at 33-1
    Posted by vaigret
    +1 thanks badboy.
  • edited May 2012

He's available at 142 right now on Betfair,only 12's at corals.

• edited May 2012
    Sky sports news announced yesterday that he had turned the chance down to talk to liverpool, probably why he so big on betfair now.
  • edited May 2012
    He must have ruled himself out just as I put my bet on.

Oh well Ces la Vie
  • edited May 2012
    He must have ruled himself out just as I put my bet on. Oh well Ces la Vie
    Posted by vaigret
    What's my excuse lol. Oh well :-)
  • edited May 2012
    German coach Klopp, meanwhile, told the Daily Telegraph: "I have been made aware of interest from England, and it is an honour to be linked with big clubs in the Premier League but I have a contract with Dortmund until 2016 and am going nowhere. I love it here and have no intention of changing clubs."

AVB is best man for the job.
  • edited May 2012
    Still think Kenny should have been given at least another year, but if there supposed to be interviewing 12 ppl - could be anyone

Think i,ll be staying away fromn this one - esp after backing Darren Claeke fow Wolves manager - don,t know where that other guy from - must have been a good price tho

Mp
  • edited May 2012
    German coach Klopp, meanwhile, told the Daily Telegraph : "I have been made aware of interest from England, and it is an honour to be linked with big clubs in the Premier League but I have a contract with Dortmund until 2016 and am going nowhere. I love it here and have no intention of changing clubs." AVB is best man for the job.
    Posted by freechips1
    Slightly less pessamistict after reading your qoute that sounds like managers talk for not gonna be stupid enough to burn my bridges will let them interview everybody else before getting my agent to contact them on the sly and see what there offering.
    oh well at least the original info was right about liverpool being keen on him shame it doesnt look too much like its mutual.
  • edited May 2012
    Anyone think O'Neill might get a phone call??? I don't normally get involved in these markets, but my local Ladbrokes manager had a punter who has connections at Sunderland enquiring about his price. Anyway, I took a punt and had a dabble @ 25's
  • edited May 2012
    Anyone think O'Neill might get a phone call??? I don't normally get involved in these markets, but my local Ladbrokes manager had a punter who has connections at Sunderland enquiring about his price. Anyway, I took a punt and had a dabble @ 25's
    Posted by joesman1
    I like this tip, I think I will have a few quid on it!

Got 33/1 with sky bet!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER : I like this tip, I think I will have a few quid on it! Got 33/1 with sky bet!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Sorry about the dog getting knocked out in the semi final Mr Wynne... only needed to come in the 1st three for u to scoop the ew money at least
  • edited May 2012
    KLOPS now as short as 5/2 best price 7/1 word from the original source is that wednesday is when hes either in or out
  • edited May 2012
    mate phoned me and said he had 'inside' info on brendan rodgers finally accepting and had 100 quid on him @ 11/8. that was on saturday night. i told him not to hold his breath these markets can flucuate on the smallest of stakes.

remember craig bellamy being 33 to 1 ON to rejoin celtic and before he opted for loan at cardiff
  • edited May 2012
    mate phoned me and said he had 'inside' info on brendan rodgers finally accepting and had 100 quid on him @ 11/8. that was on saturday night. i told him not to hold his breath these markets can flucuate on the smallest of stakes. remember craig bellamy being 33 to 1 ON to rejoin celtic and before he opted for loan at cardiff
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Your mates brave as i said in the opening post not my usual bet but have had 2 weeks entertainment if nothing else.
    Just cant see Rogers or Martinez being expiernced enough for the pressure of liverpool. If they start badly the media and fans will be straight after them especially as many didnt want Dagliesh sacked.
    Rogers has had 2 good seasons at Swansea but look at the F up he made at Reading and Martinez has kept Wigan up fair play but they havent progressed under him and are still a bottom 6 club.
    If either of them get it they will be gone by christmas
  • edited May 2012

rodgers took it then i see

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: NEXT LIVERPOOL MANAGER : Your mates brave as i said in the opening post not my usual bet but have had 2 weeks entertainment if nothing else. Just cant see Rogers or Martinez being expiernced enough for the pressure of liverpool. If they start badly the media and fans will be straight after them especially as many didnt want Dagliesh sacked. Rogers has had 2 good seasons at Swansea but look at the F up he made at Reading and Martinez has kept Wigan up fair play but they havent progressed under him and are still a bottom 6 club. If either of them get it they will be gone by christmas
    Posted by BADBOY985
    not brave - more stupid than anything!! cos i bumped intil him earlier and he says did u hear about my big lift - 1380.00 profit! when he told me a 'one-er' i presumed 100 quid, he meant a grand! wowee fools and their gold eh rather him than me no matter what the outcome!
  • edited October 2015
    Looks like my original info was correct.

Just 3 and a half years too early!
  • edited October 2015
    Looks like my original info was correct. Just 3 and a half years too early!
    Posted by BADBOY985

Hope you had money on it?