You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Tables

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Thought id give it a proper go on the cash tables this week and ive been playing 4NL
Im playing on one table each time not multi tabling
Played 8 hours in total so far and im up £30, which works out at £3.75 an hour? Should i be hoping to make more than this or does this sound about right?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Depends really. Most long term players work on a different system for working out profits and thats using bb/100 hands. Varies on what some people suggest as an aim for long term, but think last I saw if you we doing 6bb/100 or better you were doing good, but remember thats averaging and poker is all about variance, and more so as you move up the limits.

Formula to work it out is (winnings/bb)/(handsplayed/100) I think if I remember rightly. So think overall today you were massively over the needed amount, but not all days end as well, and obvously more so as the skill increases at higher levels. :)
  • edited May 2012
    Awesome profit rate if you can keep it up

You can't though
  • edited May 2012
    full of optimism gt!! :-)
  • edited May 2012
    any profit is good profit
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Cash Tables:
    full of optimism gt!! :-)
    Posted by pod1
    full of realism more like. hehe
  • edited May 2012
    any profit is good profit
    Posted by rancid
    I was hoping some of my Profit would of been off you Rancid but i can never seem to get any money off you ;)
  • edited May 2012
    So this sound about right then £3.75 and hour?

Yeah i have had a good 8 hours! My hands have kept up nicely :)

Lets see how i am in another 8 hours of play.....
  • edited May 2012
    So this sound about right then £3.75 and hour? Yeah i have had a good 8 hours! My hands have kept up nicely :) Lets see how i am in another 8 hours of play.....
    Posted by ClintonH83
    It doesn't sound right, its well over what you'd expect from balanced sessions over time. You were running at about 94bb/100, which is high. Not insane for a single session of course, but you will likely find that balances out over time to a lot lower. Maybe not as much while still at low limits where the play is poor, but I guess you'll find out your balance when you've played enough sessions.
  • edited May 2012
    as you know i play about 8 tables per session, in the last month i've played a fair bit (enough to get 1000+ c4p). You would probably expect profit in excess of £100+, only a small £20.
    But i've had months where ive hardly played and made £100.
    Variance mate.
  • edited May 2012
    add in c4p and building solid notes & exp into you value :p

GL mate.
  • edited May 2012
    im with rancid, any profit is good profit. just wait for a mnth now before working it out again.hope it runs well for you
  • edited May 2012
    £1/hr is prob a sustainable hourly at nl4 1tabling, maybe thats even too high