You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Some players are just too good :p

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
FT of £50 FO 43 runners + £1k added, prize pool £3k after tipping floor staff.

top 6 paid, 1st £1450, 2nd £850, 3rd £525.

Blinds 300/600 with 50 ante.  I have 38000.  8 seats remain.

I make it 1400 in the CO with 88.  SB Raises to 3200.  He has been pretty tag, but feel like AK/Q is in his range as much as Op's.  I flat and off we go to flop.  He is sat slightly deeper than myself.  I am a bit ridic in LP with a stack, recommend it :) - so can perhaps widen his range.

6900 in pot.  Ah 8s 2c.  Oppo checks, (basically saying he has an A I felt).  Nothing really to protect from.  Feel like am only going to get two streets of value for some reason (dont know why as its probably a bet now that i type it out) so check back, mainly for deception rather than slowplay (lol is exactly the same, am a semantic tool :p).

6900 Ah 8s 2c As.  He checks again.  Really feel like he has an A, but now that A is paired I can go for value vs the rest of his premium pf 3bet range aswell as Apic.  But working on the assumption that he has Apic I bet pot.  Bit mergy as I would with any 2 here prob, perhaps slightly less.  He flats.

21000 in pot 28000ish back.  Ah 8s 2c As 10c.  Oppo checks in a very measured way.  I tank shove.  He tanks and tanks and tanks..............then folds AK face up without saying a word.

If I limp & call a raise pre then maybe.  Sigh.  Need to film myself playing as must have a ridic tell.  Sighhhhhh

Comments

• edited May 2012
    great fold by your opponent obv thinks your not overbetting the river with a bluff imo.

but if i was you I personally bet flop and turn to build the pot so its big enough to get your stack in on the river.
  • edited May 2012
    My guess is he got his read off you because you tanked. I'm always hyper curious when people get checked too, tank for an age and they still shove all in. Its like a big hollywood moment and it always raises the hairs on neck as to what it was for. Fine if you do the same when you bluffing too, but for me I'm always very wary of people taht do it. Not to mention he may have got some other read during the hand off you, hard to say as you may well have given off some tell, easy done. Even that said its a pretty strong laydown with his hand. Maybe the bubble so close decided him on it in the end.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Some players are just too good :p:
    My guess is he got his read off you because you tanked. I'm always hyper curious when people get checked too, tank for an age and they still shove all in. Its like a big hollywood moment and it always raises the hairs on neck as to what it was for. Fine if you do the same when you bluffing too, but for me I'm always very wary of people taht do it. Not to mention he may have got some other read during the hand off you, hard to say as you may well have given off some tell, easy done. Even that said its a pretty strong laydown with his hand. Maybe the bubble so close decided him on it in the end.
    Posted by KAM99

This was all I could think of also.  Wasnt a taaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnkkkkkk ship, more a taannkk ship :p