You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 - fold or not to fold AA

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
that is the question

Do you ever consider folding this spot and versus what kind of oppo would you ever consider folding against this action
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.28
rtc Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.54
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

8minted8 Fold        
Angus2012 Fold        
Dawson001 Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £10.24
rancid Raise   £1.25 £1.80 £8.03
rtc Fold        
Dawson001 Call   £0.90 £2.70 £9.34
Flop

rancid Check        
Dawson001 Bet   £2.03 £4.73 £7.31
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Wat? C/f AA hu sb v btn in 3b pot on 8 hi flop? Level surely

Bet flop, don't fold if raised, maybe you could b/f with specific reads
  • edited May 2012
    Why do you open check after 3bet pre? Just bet yourself.

As played of course you can't fold, either call and get it in on turn or just shove.

Got to say I can't really understand the meaning of this thread unless I'm missing something...

EDIT : Also nit picky but sit with 100bbs pre as you lose value in spots like this. 
  • edited May 2012
    HERE m8 you should be c/betting 100% of the time, still this scenario is great, its tempting to just call here and c/r turn, unless he is a small suited connector junkie then just get it in on the flop.

C/F AA here would be criminally bad, so whatever you do! dont fold!!.

• edited May 2012
    certain dynamic as to why I check flop, but do we ever b/f these spots

this is just cool as ice ain't it ?
    we can never fold can we, this is surely either overpairs/set

I am not going to give out my entire reads and reasons why as I am just giving away free info )

Just comtemplating certain spots where we hold overpairs and we can justify a fold given action

• edited May 2012
    bein honest I quite like the check on this dry board its sneaky lol makes opponent think if they haves 10s,jj,qq that they are good because you would not check with aces in this spot but if he has a set vul m8 but.

but to answer ur question not to fold.
  • edited May 2012

Dont mind checking the flop against certain opponents who you know will fire at least two streets with air. Also checking gives him massive confidence that his 99 through jj are way  ahead at lets him stack of with them. This thread has got to be a level though? Surely? Why would you ever consider folding?

• edited May 2012
    I don't understand what sort of table dynamics could lead to you not c-betting this flop. If the playing is folding to lots of c-bets then surely you should be c-betting more often with air rather than less often with a hand. Anyway, if you have a read that he bets when checked to with air too much then just call and check raise the turn to get two streets out of a bluff. You can't put him on a set just because he has fired out a bet on the flop without some kind of psychic soul read.

I might bet-fold in this spot on the flop vs opponents who never bluff and rarely call 3-bets. On this flop you should only be betting 50% anyway because it's such a dry board. But most of the time you wanna bet c-betting. You will get peeled by so many over cards and if they hit a broadway pair on the turn you will likely get paied off. There's also the possibility of a smaller over pair check-calling 3 streets.
  • edited May 2012
    Pretty much always Cbet, regardless of if you hit or if you don't when HU. Sometimes they fold, sometimes they have something. Maybe against a very specfic, hyper aggressive person I check, but not commonly. Also, betting gives you information as well value. If you bet and he calls or raises well then you know he either doesn't believe your Cbet or does have a hand himself.

Think overall the hand would be hard to get away from when you have overpairs. You can sometimes at the lower stakes as most players tend to be quite passive and likely would have post flop AF's of 1 or less. So if you start getting C/R'd or 3bet on flop or certainly turn I can find a cause for thinking in some cases that one pair isn't enough even as OP. Again would depend on some knowledge on the players I'm sat with though, otherwise difficult and often unwise to fold.
  • edited May 2012
    I am a bit of a funny creature then because when oppo flats pre, it's probably pair/Ax

dry board I check, big bet is bluff/pair/set

If oppo shows me a set here, I am disgusted given call pre right :S

your all quite right I am never folding here )

I did read at the time and call out set but we get it in eventually and yeah it's a set

now I am just really bad calling a set and then not folding :S

my thinking here is probably way too results orientated as all I am seeing latley is sets, even when I am sleeping )

• edited May 2012
    People don't always have sets Ranny )
  • edited May 2012
    hi rancid,
    oppo has raised 4x pre & called your raise,
    could easily have a pair...right.
    think u should bet 1/2 bet post flop
    if he then calles check it down/fold to any later bets.
    if he re-raises/goes all-in....easy fold.
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - fold or not to fold AA:
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    true dude,but they do sometimes,
    :-)
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    Posted by Dudeskin8

At the moment that's all I am being shown !
  • edited May 2012
    hi rancid, oppo has raised 4x pre & called your raise, could easily have a pair...right. think u should bet 1/2 bet post flop if he then calles check it down/fold to any later bets. if he re-raises/goes all-in....easy fold. dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I think this is too tight they are other hands in his range we beat and want value imo
  • edited May 2012
    rancid your runnin into sets and questioning your own play ,sometimes u gotta just get it in, the right thing to do is pay off the set !! you play against a range of possible hands  sure  a set can b in theyre but so can a lot of other hands that u beat
    pay off sets and get max valu  from rest of range  espec as your both under 100bb

im never folding aa in this spot for under 100 bb against any opponent at 10nl