You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 freeplay with 84o

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Well, I'm back after locking my account for  6 months, thought I'd ask advice on this hand as I got flamed after it finished, but I cannot see any glaring errors (except maybe I should have shoved river instead of value raising)

BU is a station and quite passive post flop and when betting has bad sizing as well, but is rarely betting light and I cannot ignore they may have a flush on the turn. I am getting the right price to call, but is there a better way to get value from my hand on any street? 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxxSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.95ameliorateBig blind £0.04£0.06£6.57 Your hole cards48   xxxFold    xxxFold    xCall £0.04£0.10£2.93xxxCall £0.02£0.12£4.93ameliorateCheck    Flop  834   xxxCheck    ameliorateBet £0.08£0.20£6.49xCall £0.08£0.28£2.85xxxCall £0.08£0.36£4.85Turn  10   xxxCheck    ameliorateCheck    xBet £0.12£0.48£2.73xxxFold    ameliorateCall £0.12£0.60£6.37River  8   ameliorateCheck    xBet £0.12£0.72£2.61ameliorateRaise £0.40£1.12£5.97xCall £0.28£1.40£2.33

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Looks fine to me. I probably go bigger on the river, like 70p-£1, depending what you think will get paid.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, I agree with Pingu: Bet more on the river. Maybe at NL4 you'd be better off betting full-pot on the flop as well since flush draws and one-pairs will still call and you won't lose any value from them.

I like your play... When you say you got flamed, what are we talking about? Did a fish tell you how he thought you should have played it? I love those guys, they're always trying to be hepful. It's nice of them, isn't it?
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah i'd at least make it pot sized on the river, i'd also bet the turn.
  • edited May 2012
    See no reason you get flamed here. Agree you could maybe have got more value by pot sized on flop and a bit bigger raise on river, as good chance he has flush and will call. And if some donkey flames you for winning its just because he is upset his flush just got busted by a fullhouse. I'm sure he had a rubbish hand as well or else they would have raised preflop and you wouldn't ahve been in the hand then at all. What did they say out of interest?
  • edited May 2012
    I'd probably overbet flop here to help build pot faster, they will still call.

Pretty sure I'd bet turn here for value, I guess if you think flush was massive part of their range then C/C is ok but prefer B/F to avoid giving free card.

River check raise MUCH bigger, at least 90p for me probz over £1. 
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I wasn't too concerned by the flaming as it stated with the comment "what are you playing 84o for?". But I did feel I could have got more value.

This hand taught me a lot about assigning hand ranges to our opponent, I did feel a flush was most likely when he bet, but i was very wrong.  He actually flipped AA (including Ad) and I think he was treating his hand more as a draw on the turn than a made hand. 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL4 freeplay with 84o:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I wasn't too concerned by the flaming as it stated with the comment "what are you playing 84o for?". But I did feel I could have got more value. This hand taught me a lot about assigning hand ranges to our opponent, I did feel a flush was most likely when he bet, but i was very wrong.  He actually flipped AA (including Ad) and I think he was treating his hand more as a draw on the turn than a made hand. 
    Posted by ameliorate
    lol i got in for free sir, dnt worry ill fold my free looks next time lol ;)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: NL4 freeplay with 84o:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I wasn't too concerned by the flaming as it stated with the comment "what are you playing 84o for?". Posted by ameliorate
    Love this! A sure sign of just how bad 4nl is when they can't remember what the preflop action was or what postion you were in the hand.. Always a classic, and I'll bet it was the guy that played AA like a total fish was the one complaining. :D