You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POKER CLINIC THURSDAY 24TH MAY 2012

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All,

Please post your hands to be analysed on this thread if you would like us to view them on Thursday nights Poker Clinic at 8pm. All comments/feedback are welcome on all the hands that are posted.

VERY IMPORTANT!
We can only show hands from tables or tournaments with a TV icon next to them.
We also need you to tell us straight off which tournament or table the hand is from, as the hand i.d. on its own takes too long for our team to find.

We also welcome comments on the hands from the Poker Community.

All the best

TV Team

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hand is from Mini open 11/5
    Quite an active table.....
    Was my check raise ok? bb was fairly protective.
    hand no 518192961

• edited May 2012
    Another hand from 11/5 mini open
    hd no 518148703

No reads on players
    Would you comment on the bet-sizing and call after spade drops on turn for possible flush. Should i reraise there in oredr to find out, as Carlo says, "where i stand"(by the way i say the same) or wait and bet on river.

After a number of poor mtt's, i can't even win a bounty at times, i've found that my game has become far too passive. What steps would you advise me to follow in oredr to get the aggression back in my game. Players see this and raise my blinds regardless. without a good hand, i find myself unable to snap back and ward them off. Its a definite leak in my game at the moment......
  • edited May 2012
    Hand History #520284929 (20:23 16/05/2012) - Last Wednesday's Mini-doublestack.

I posted this hand here: Trip Aces: Mini-Doublestack, Lv 1

I think this was a well played exercise in pot-control, though some in the clinic disagreed. It's early doors so no reliable reads on the table.

I didn't raise pre-flop, since I didn't want to bloat the pot, out of position with a marginal hand and I'd likely be called by multiple opponents anyway. On the flop I felt leading out would polarise my range to basically an Ace, on a dry-flop, so I'd lose all value from weaker pairs and I wasn't comfortable that my Ten was good enough if all the money went in here. Obviously in a limped pot AT is probably best but I felt a better line was to check-call to conceal my Ace. If the hand was checked round, I would have taken over the betting myself.

After check-calling the flop, the plan for the turn was to check and allow my opponent's action to guide my play on the river. If he bet the turn, I'd call here and check-call again on the river. If he checked, I could confidently value bet the river and hope to be called by under-pairs or a Queen having under-repped my hand. The turn bet was strangely small...

What do you think? Is this clever or not-so-clever? I was obviously beaten but is this the best way to extract value from weaker Aces while losing as little as possible when I'm beat? Never go broke in a limped pot, right?

Thank you.