You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPTK vs unknown facing turn shove. Call/fold please guys?

As it says on the title.

Villain had been quite active, obviously doing ok and being aggressive without overdoing it so far in my opinion. He was probably pushing the table about a bit in the very short time i had been at table which is why i am pretty readless.

He raises UTG but was raising a fair bit. I thought A,Q was ahead of his range so 3-bet to isolate or take it down there and then.

He calmly flats my 3/4 pot bet on the flop, then check shoves the turn. Do i not like that!

Am i usually beat on the turn when he shoves? Whats the best move against an unknown?

If ya dont wanna comment, please vote on the poll....... ta very much!

Hand History #522215801
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
AndyMAK Sit out     
bignutz39 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.57
mitchpro02 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.34
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

villainRaise  £0.32 £0.44 £13.04
barnacle09 Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.98 £1.42 £11.74
bignutz39 Fold     
mitchpro02 Fold     
villainCall  £0.66 £2.08 £12.38
Flop

• Q

villainCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £1.56 £3.64 £10.18
villainCall  £1.56 £5.20 £10.82
Turn

villainCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £3.90 £9.10 £6.28
villainAll-in  £10.82 £19.92 £0.00
DrSharp ?? 

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I think at this level a large percentage of the time when you face a turn reraise you can assume that TPTK is likely not enough to win the hand. Sure there are very loose people that shove with top TPWK, but would depend on how you seen them play their hands to date.

Anyway, lot of it will come down to what you seen villian do before, but you will find that often its the case that a turn reraise at those limits is a pretty sure sign of a lot of strength, and a C/R even more so. Not easy fold as played as lot you've put in pot and lot out there, but I'm fairly sure in most cases you would find you are beat here.
  • edited May 2012
    I want to fold but you've probably priced yourself in to make the call, idk. I don't know if it's a fold or a call, although if you're planning to fold the turn to a check/jam, I think you can bet a little smaller. You only need to leave a pot size bet behind on the river.

Effective stack is £10.18, pot is £5.20 on the turn.

If opponent calls:

Pot = £5.20 + twice whatever we bet
    Stack = £10.18 - our bet

£1.66 would leave exactly a pot bet behind - This is too small ofc as it prices in the flush draws to call

£2.60 (Half pot) leaves £7.58 back with £10.40 in the pot if called. This is a really nice size (3/4 pot) to shove on the river IMO, and I think you can get away on a club river, so this doesn't give our opponent the implied odds to call and hit his flush either.

£3.90 (3/4 pot, what you bet) leaves £6.28 back with £13 in the pot if called. You'll likely fold out flush draws with this bet as they aren't getting the right price to call any more. You'll probably fold out everything that beats you (except AK of clubs) unless you're against a massive station, too.

Betting £2.60 would also make it cheaper for you if you decide you're going to fold to a check/raise. With your sizing, the only hand I think we can be beating here when faced with a CRAI is AK of clubs, and even that has 12 outs to win, and 3 more for a split pot.

In summary: Bet turn smaller, half pot.
  • edited May 2012
    Think you have to call now, but i prob wouldnt isolate such a large utg raise pre with AQ pre

I prefer a flat pre tbh.
  • edited May 2012
    When you 3bet you have to be happy getting it all in as you're hand is too strong to 3bet/fold, this deep though I much prefer call IP as if he does happen to 4bet you you're gonna be fairly stuffed.

Turn bet of 38% of stack really commits you IMO and means you kind of have to call it off, around £2.50 and maybe can fold or at least make it cheaper to fold.