You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Still cant decide if this action was correct or not

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Dawson001 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.51
Shmortc166 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £61.23
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

daddyo48 Fold     
jr85 Raise  £0.40 £0.70 £18.01
robz7 Raise  £0.80 £1.50 £16.98
scouse_ste Call  £0.80 £2.30 £39.07
Dawson001 Fold     
Shmortc166 Call  £0.60 £2.90 £60.63
jr85 Raise  £0.80 £3.70 £17.21
robz7 Call  £0.40 £4.10 £16.58
scouse_ste Call  £0.40 £4.50 £38.67
Shmortc166 Call  £0.40 £4.90 £60.23
Flop

• J
  • A

Shmortc166 Check     
jr85 Check     
robz7 Bet  £2.45 £7.35 £14.13
scouse_ste Fold     
Shmortc166 Fold     
jr85 Raise  £12.25 £19.60 £4.96
robz7 Fold     
jr85 Muck     
jr85 Win  £9.31  £14.27
jr85 Return  £9.80 £0.49 £24.07

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Your 3bet should be bigger for a start, obviously then the 4bet is bigger but a flat to that is fine. Or we csan fold depending on reads.  However im never folding this flop with this action. Losts of 9Tss, KQss,QTss type hands he can have.

Also why are we calling pre if we're gonna fold this flop?

The only had im consearned about here really is JJ, AJ shouldnt be here now nor should A8, 88 is possible because of pre action. Really i think folding here is burning money. But meh. What reads to we have on villian.
  • edited May 2012
    i had only been on the table 30 mins and in that time he hadnt been involoed in many hands so to raise my inital bet on the flop i found very strange and somthing didnt feel right to be honest, i definatly think aj or jj was his hand here.  I agree to get to this stage and fold seems odd but it was such an overbet from a tight player that i thought my one paair would be behide, u still calling?
  • edited May 2012
    I RECKON HE HAS SAME HAND BUT TO BIG OF RISK TO STACK OF U SHOULD OF RAISED BIGGER PRE TO ABOUT £1.60
  • edited May 2012
    3bet bigger or flat call. 3bet size is horrible.

I can't fold that flop. Enough draws out there and the possibility of AQ or someone who doesn't want to fold KK/QQ means I snap it off all day long.
  • edited May 2012
    Min3bet is bad for so many reasons, firstly you most likely have best hand so want to get value minraise doesn't achieve that, and by making it small you give lots of hands great odds to call which is bad for you longterm, also generally you just want the pot bigger so value bets can be larger.

Min4bet is strange but you can't fold so call is fine.

Flop for me you have the nuts and remember you start hand only 89bb deep which is pretty shallow for a cash game. 
  • edited May 2012
    what would a bigger 3 bet achieve here tho pre, if he has jj, aq, qq,kk. he will call it if he didnt reraise a small re raise he would re raise a bigger one......so really i would have no more infromation it would just of been a bigger pot , in which i would of of folded and lsot still
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Still cant decide if this action was correct or not:
    what would a bigger 3 bet achieve here tho pre, if he has jj, aq, qq,kk. he will call it if he didnt reraise a small re raise he would re raise a bigger one......so really i would have no more infromation it would just of been a bigger pot , in which i would of of folded and lsot still
    Posted by robz7
    *wouldnt re raise a bigger one
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Still cant decide if this action was correct or not:
    Posted by robz7
    The reason being that a min raise doesn't really achieve anything other than make a slightly bigger pot. He won't fold any hand at all to that raise because the pot odds are just to good to fold out to a min raise. So if you raise for information (sucky reason by the way) you found out nothing at all by doing it because any hand is calling, and certainly any hand they felt was good enought o raise in first place. As a general rule I'll make a 3bet preflop around 3x the opening raise, as that gives worse pot odds for any call, and makes it harder for someone playing a PP to make a call for set farming.

Also, if you make a min raise you can allow more into a pot than just the first raiser if there has been a call as well etc and so  you can quickly end up with a bloated multiway pot, which is never ideal.