You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM..Wasn't what i expected to see...but i may have played it badly too

Hi folks...
At the time, i was a little aghast but really i should three bet to 450...yes? He would have folded and other player, i think. I didn't expect him to play a bluff after i'd raiised pre though. Live and learn hey?
How would you play these. Min raise was to get him all-in pre then get my call but didn't work out like that...

Its funny but when i saw his hand i felt myself expecting the five.
Actually, i think my play needs altering here. Probably bigger raise pre and then all-in post flop or should i ch R and trap..........HAHA me trap him....HAHAHA

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMiCFrOGSmall blind 75.0075.002255.00profman15Big blind 150.00225.001885.00 Your hole cardsAA   *****Call 150.00375.001435.00LapsFold    HotwhealsFold    71merlin02Fold    MiCFrOGCall 75.00450.002180.00profman15Raise 300.00750.001585.00******Call 300.001050.001135.00MiCFrOGFold    Flop  K48   profman15Check    ******All-in 1135.002185.000.00profman15Call 1135.003320.00450.00profman15ShowAA   ******Show76   Turn  10   River  5   ******WinStraight to the 83320.00 3320.00                                                                                                 <td style="text-align:left;padding-bottom:7px;margin:0px;padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;font-family:verdana;color:#666666;font-size:

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to DYM..Wasn't what i expected to see...but i may have played it badly too:
    Hi folks... At the time, i was a little aghast but really i should three bet to 450...yes? He would have folded and other player, i think. I didn't expect him to play a bluff after i'd raiised pre though. Live and learn hey? How would you play these. Min raise was to get him all-in pre then get my call but didn't work out like that... Its funny but when i saw his hand i felt myself expecting the five. Actually, i think my play needs altering here. Probably bigger raise pre and then all-in post flop or should i ch R and trap..........HAHA me trap him....HAHAHA Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance MiCFrOG Small blind   75.00 75.00 2255.00 profman15 Big blind   150.00 225.00 1885.00   Your hole cards A A       ***** Call   150.00 375.00 1435.00 Laps Fold         Hotwheals Fold         71merlin02 Fold         MiCFrOG Call   75.00 450.00 2180.00 profman15 Raise   300.00 750.00 1585.00 ****** Call   300.00 1050.00 1135.00 MiCFrOG Fold         Flop     K 4 8       profman15 Check         ****** All-in   1135.00 2185.00 0.00 profman15 Call   1135.00 3320.00 450.00 profman15 Show A A       ****** Show 7 6       Turn     10       River     5       ****** Win Straight to the 8 3320.00   3320.00                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    Posted by profman15

You played the hand fine. You did raise to 450 pre, which is decent size with the 2 limpers.

I'd bet the flop myself, instead of checking. But it worked out great, snap call his shove. nh ul

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM..Wasn't what i expected to see...but i may have played it badly too:
    In Response to DYM..Wasn't what i expected to see...but i may have played it badly too : You played the hand fine. You did raise to 450 pre, which is decent size with the 2 limpers. I'd bet the flop myself, instead of checking. But it worked out great, snap call his shove. nh ul
    Posted by splashies
    Pretty much +1. I probably make it 525 total pre-flop but whichever is pretty fine. I don't mind the check on the flop as villain only has a pot sized bet behind and is extremely likely to jam here in my opinion. WP UL.
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Splashies and John

yes, my oversight...i did triple the raise pre so i'm happy with that. i saw the 300 and thought it was a min raise which i feel would have allowed people n with marginals. I thought i'd tripled but just misread it when i saw 300(its 300+150=450 in't it? Even ex maths teachers make mistakes.....mind it kept my pupils on their toes.!!Ha)
    Like you say just unlucky. He shouldn't have called raise in all honesty and then sucked out with a four outer. I'm happy with the play....now the poker gods owe me one!!!
  • edited May 2012
    simple anser here dnt ever min raise in dyms u get people call any 2 cards in big blind and this can happen make it 500 :)
  • edited May 2012
    Im prob jamming my whole range in this spot pre

villain has limped utg with less than 10bbs... this means hes bad enuf to call off light
  • edited May 2012
    With 13bb and 2 limpers, easy shove pre.
  • edited May 2012
    shoving pre would of stopped the drawing hand and woulda stopped you losing, if you have players who are short and hold say any A they will call you so id rather be up against a week or strong A than a drawing hand holding pk As, When blinds are this level and they or you have around 10-15bb shove pre. Because if you bet min pre they can have a cheap look at the flop thus giving them the option to call or shove them selves on a drawing hand because they have a chance to double up. And thats exactly what you did there prof because he saw his gut shot. No point trying to play cleaver poker at that stage just get um in.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM..Wasn't what i expected to see...but i may have played it badly too:
    shoving pre would of stopped the drawing hand and woulda stopped you losing, if you have players who are short and hold say any A they will call you so id rather be up against a week or strong A than a drawing hand holding pk As, When blinds are this level and they or you have around 10-15bb shove pre. Because if you bet min pre they can have a cheap look at the flop thus giving them the option to call or shove them selves on a drawing hand because they have a chance to double up. And thats exactly what you did there prof because he saw his gut shot. No point trying to play cleaver poker at that stage just get um in.
    Posted by Dazler
    Hi Dazler......What's"cleaver poker"....It was me getting the chip!!!!! just joking...i know spellings' not you forte. (another jest!)
  • edited May 2012
    i meant meat cleaver lol yea i kinda type when im playing and dont pay attention lol. I spell like i talk and im bristolian so you kinda get the picture :)