You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Greedy sky...

edited May 2012 in Area 51
As predicted the rebuy greed continues.The 2235 our last bastion of hope for cheap friendy games where good players get knocked out and can't buy straight back in.

How many people asked sky to turn this 1 quid game into a rebuy... considering apart from one expensive velocity this was practically the only speed game that wasn't a rebuy.Come on now anyone, anyone at all.

Average players on this game was around 100: last night a rebuy 50 players.GREED GREED GREED.

When sky introduced rebuys they said it was to give players a choice.....spin and more spin now practically everything is a rebuy velocity's, even bounty hunters.

I am now predicting the timed games will morph into rebuys within 6 months....GREED GREED GREED.

Without attracting new players this site is history put the 2235 back to non rebuy and drop the garuntee to 75 quid you have done that with practically every other game.

Some people have been here long enough and stayed long enough to remember what you said when you introduced rebuys.,

PUT IT BACK TO NON REBUY STATUS.Give the amateurs and bankroll restricted players a game.

Frustrated........ you are not the government you are a business...... lying to your player base is the start of the end.

I here by start the save the 2235 before it is tooo late campaign.

Let player power FORCE sky to change the 2235 one quid speed (all noobs and fish welcome friendly game) back to non rebuy.,

SNORKY

PS This is a genuine gripe and not repeat not because i lost three quid rather than one quid playing the 2235 game last night :) SAVE THE 2235 power to the punters.

snorky 

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Greedy sky...:
    As predicted the rebuy greed continues.The 2235 our last bastion of hope for cheap friendy games where good players get knocked out and can't buy straight back in. How many people asked sky to turn this 1 quid game into a rebuy... considering apart from one expensive velocity this was practically the only speed game that wasn't a rebuy.Come on now anyone, anyone at all. Average players on this game was around 100: last night a rebuy 50 players.GREED GREED GREED. When sky introduced rebuys they said it was to give players a choice.....spin and more spin now practically everything is a rebuy velocity's, even bounty hunters. I am now predicting the timed games will morph into rebuys within 6 months....GREED GREED GREED. Without attracting new players this site is history put the 2235 back to non rebuy and drop the garuntee to 75 quid you have done that with practically every other game. Some people have been here long enough and stayed long enough to remember what you said when you introduced rebuys., PUT IT BACK TO NON REBUY STATUS.Give the amateurs and bankroll restricted players a game. Frustrated........ you are not the government you are a business...... lying to your player base is the start of the end. I here by start the save the 2235 before it is tooo late campaign. Let player power FORCE sky to change the 2235 one quid speed (all noobs and fish welcome friendly game) back to non rebuy., SNORKY PS This is a genuine gripe and not repeat not because i lost three quid rather than one quid playing the 2235 game last night :) SAVE THE 2235 power to the punters. snorky 
    Posted by snorky
    +1
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Snorky   Sky introduced Re-Buys because players wanted them and most other sites already had them.
       You are upset because they have now introduced them into the Games you like playing.  Players complained about BH when there was lots of them,  but now they have found the right level for the players that play them.  I was not happy when they changed DYMs but now have to agree it was for the best.  If the majority want them,  then it will prove its self by the numbers that continue to play them.   Should I find myself in a re-buy game I never re-buy, my protest.  I have watched players re-buy several times and still go out before me. Others will go on to cash. ?   Change is not always appreciated at the time but Sky is a Business and as such should be evolving all the time, to stand still is to stagnate. This is not the place to post your concerns regard changes.  Players, do have a voice and that comes at the tables. .......... "If  players don't like the structure of the Games Sky have changed, then they won't play them."   Sky have to take note.!   

It is unreasonable to expect Sky Management to ask us every time they implement changes.  fwiw  Hugs Annie xx  
  • edited May 2012
    As I dont play on sky anymore quick Question.  Do rebuys/addons come with an addidition % for house?

Or are you simply paying direct to pot?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Greedy sky...:
    As I dont play on sky anymore quick Question.  Do rebuys/addons come with an addidition % for house? Or are you simply paying direct to pot?
    Posted by AMYBR
    Hi Amybr   I see your posts a lot on the Forum.  I think Sky  do take rake from the re-buy but others will say if that's correct. Think that's what the Thread Poster is complaining about.
    However;   I would like to ask you,  why don't you play Poker anymore on Sky, yet surf the Forum. ?  Curious !
  • edited May 2012
    I played on here alot at one point and got into the forum at same time.  Loved the forum from day 1 and has made me a far better player than I was.

I move my roll around alot and have a habit of being a bit of a flamer.  But Live has always been my preffered format.

I pretty much only play MTT Guarentees online these days and S + G's.  Sky offers virtually zero s + g's and the value on the MTT's just arent great.  I am neither patient or intrested enough to commit to online cash, which pretty much equals not being good enough - as they are key elements.

But also have never been afraid to say I have some healthy skepticism in online poker as a whole for a variety of reasons - none of which are worth going into.

But at the same time I think that as an individual site Sky is lacking in a few things in terms of software, but they are being addressed.

But as a direct answer:  Posting has massively improved my game and reinforces a few aspects of my lines.  Have stopped posting for periods of time and have had quite a few people contact me and say they've found some of my input helpful.  So it seems there are people that take something away from it & it helps my game....direct answer :P

But as far as a community of people go its the best there is.  I do play the odd MTT here still and will continue to do so.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Greedy sky... : Hi Amybr   I see your posts a lot on the Forum.  I think Sky  do take rake from the re-buy but others will say if that's correct. Think that's what the Thread Poster is complaining about. However;   I would like to ask you,  why don't you play Poker anymore on Sky, yet surf the Forum. ?  Curious !
    Posted by logdon
    Yeah just checking there actually was something to complain about before I formed an opinion :p
  • edited May 2012
    another fav game gone in favour of rebuy/bh....:(

already posted in a different thread but i am still moaning that they turn the £1k velocity £5 freezeout into a £200 £5 rebuy.

the original game got a regular 6/700 runners

the new game gets 20/30 runners.

but there is the rake on the rebuy to consider i supose.

i may be wrong but i dont know of another site that charges rake on a rebuy?.....thats why i wont play them on here.

gl,dave
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Snorky   Sky introduced Re-Buys because players wanted them and most other sites already had them.    You are upset because they have now introduced them into the Games you like playing.  Players complained about BH when there was lots of them,  but now they have found the right level for the players that play them.  I was not happy when they changed DYMs but now have to agree it was for the best.  If the majority want them,  then it will prove its self by the numbers that continue to play them.   Should I find myself in a re-buy game I never re-buy, my protest.  I have watched players re-buy several times and still go out before me. Others will go on to cash. ?   Change is not always appreciated at the time but Sky is a Business and as such should be evolving all the time, to stand still is to stagnate. This is not the place to post your concerns regard changes.  Players, do have a voice and that comes at the tables. .......... "If  players don't like the structure of the Games Sky have changed, then they won't play them."   Sky have to take note.!    It is unreasonable to expect Sky Management to ask us every time they implement changes.  fwiw  Hugs Annie xx  
    Posted by logdon
    Erm this is exactly the place to post my concerns it is area 51.And whilst i am extremely grateful for your opinion I will decide where and when i post and I will decide what I find unreasonable from sky management.
    The only thing we have left that is free is opinions and freerolls and even they are not as free as i would like.
    Yet again i will re-state my case Please reinstate the 2235 as a non rebuy the site does not need MORE rebuys as it has shed loads of them.

No animosity just a request.

snorky  
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Greedy sky... : Erm this is exactly the place to post my concernsit is area 51.And whilst i am extremely grateful for your opinion I will decide where and when i post and I will decide what I find unreasonable from sky management. The only thing we have left that is free is opinions and freerolls and even they are not as free as i would like. Yet again i will re-state my case Please reinstate the 2235 as a non rebuy the site does not need MORE rebuys as it has shed loads of them. No animosity just a request. snorky  
    Posted by snorky
    You can post where you like.  Only pointing out that this is where Sky bury controversial threads criticising their actions.  You will get attention from players who will support you, but Sky will not respond to what you post.   However if you Post in the correct section  they are obliged to reply.  Not getting on your case just trying to help, if you wish me to shut up ........  ?  Yes its that easy.
    Hugs Annie xxx fwiw
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Greedy sky... : You can post where you like.  Only pointing out that this is where Sky bury controversial threads criticising their actions.  You will get attention from players who will support you, but Sky will not respond to what you post.   However if you Post in the correct section  they are obliged to reply.  Not getting on your case just trying to help, if you wish me to shut up ........  ?  Yes its that easy. Hugs Annie xxx fwiw
    Posted by logdon[/ 

Sorry Annie your point is well made. I am just annoyed to see yet another speed  non rebuy disappear, seriously look at the numbers.this site is its own worst enemy.200 quid timed games now150 the list go,s on and on.in times of austerity companies believe they must make more profit by charging more.A dumb response from dumb managers.be happy maintaining profit or accept less untill the situation improves.i dispair how often I see this..keep trying to increase profit rake as player numbers decline and at least you do not have to write a script....it writes itself.  

No hard feeling and apologies for the attitude just  havin a bad day

Snorks
  • edited May 2012
    yes very greedy ugly sky