You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I hate these situations in poker any advice would be great

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Ok some info well it was a 10 euro mtt 217 players paid top 20  2000 starting chips i sneaked in the cash i had 28k roughly blinds are 800/1.6k and i was big blind with 10 hearts 8 clubs obv i never play this hand out of blinds anyways its 10 seater utg folds next 4 fold then this guy limps suprised to see a limp late stages on this blind level and no info as 20 players left so table change folds round to me i check  the flop is 10 clubs 6 spades 6 diamonds im not loving it with my 10 weak kicker vs a random hand but i wanted to donk lead out as i didnt want to see a over card  so i bet 2.4k out of my 26.4k stack the guy who limped just flatted here  now im thinking has he got flush draw maybe 10 higher kicker could have aything even a float and get me of later street on the turn it comes a brick 3 of spades theres 8.8k in middle and have 24k left i didnt want to check and give up my betting lead as this is still a ok board for me so i bet kinda small for pot control and bet half pot 4.4k so leaves me back with  just under 20k the guy who limps just calls again river is a 3 of diamond so 10  6  6  3  3  i have just under 20k and there is 17.6 in middle i put out a lil blocker bet as i didnt want to check and get shoved on so bet small 5k and get snap called  with jj i played so well during the tourney and this left me crippled is there anything i could of done different big blinds hey pfffff :( im glad i bet small on river tho because i would of called a shove so still had 12k to fight on but busted few hands later   any advice would be great thanks from   sry about my gramma but those who can put up with my block of words please have a read as i would like some advice thanks   from steve

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Horrible situation but one of them you really couldn't do much about I wouldn't donk lead as your only really going to get reads on his hand via his bet sizing IMO and also i hate donk leads majority of the time anyway. Only consolation is he could easily have turned up with 77 88 99 here but all in all just unfortunate that his bad play got lucky
  • edited May 2012

Firstly use some paragraphs if you can mate. Walls of text are harder to read. :)

Unless I've seen this person limping other hands I'm normally very dubious about what they are up to. Its not uncommon for someone with a big hand to limp it in if they have short stacks to act after them hoping they shove over their limp where they may not shove against a raise.

Flush draw is possible that he is calling for, but often people less likely to chase a flush draw on a paired board cus you could be drawing dead already. Don't think you played it badly, but as likely that flush draw is only hand you beat other than a smaller PP maybe you could have got off it when your donk lead was called.

• edited May 2012
    Will post once I've caught my breath, commas next time plz :)

I don't really like the donk lead either, I'd rather just c/c. I don't even think it's a mistake to decide you can't be bothered with TPNK out of position in a limped pot and c/f.
  • edited May 2012
    im sorry i did say my gramma is awfull dunno where to put full stops commas etc yes i am thick ya could say easy to do but i cant 
  • edited May 2012
    Your grammar may be poor, but you could still make some effort to space out your posts a bit. Just hit the return key when you stop for breath. Even if the paragraphs / punctuation were in wrong places it would be easier to read than those walls of text

Its a tough spot oop here. Think I prefer c/c flop. Leading here is not really a donk bet btw. Don't like your reasoning for leading flop and certainly turn, but leading may be ok

River is a clear c/f v unknown imo
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: I hate these situations in poker any advice would be great:
    im sorry i did say my gramma is awfull dunno where to put full stops commas etc yes i am thick ya could say easy to do but i cant 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    For the use of fullstop and commas just consider what you are saying as if you were speaking it aloud. If you would take a small breath or pause then add a comma, and if you got to the end of a point where you'd pause a little more then a full stop. For paragraphs that can be more up to the writer when they fit in, but normally if you change to  new topic or are making a new point etc you can add a paragraph.

Little on the simple side that and I'm no expert, but that is some of the reasons you may use them. Words that can often fit with commas in sentances can tend to be, and, as and which. Few more than that, but might help break up your writing a little if nothing else. :)
  • edited May 2012

Tried to read but gave up.
  • edited May 2012
    Tried to read but gave up.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Lol :)
  • edited May 2012
    take no notice of english professors!!

With tpnk I would check fold as random man could have a 6 or any other combo to beat you -oop.

Not risking much with stack size. wait for a better time!
  • edited May 2012
    take no notice of english professors!! With tpnk I would check fold as random man could have a 6 or any other combo to beat you -oop. Not risking much with stack size. wait for a better time!
    Posted by gracie24
    Hi Gracie,
    He was only offering advice and good advice at that. He did actually read it and gave his view too. It's very true that if you expect people to read it and help you to learn then you should try to lay it out in reader-friendly way...a wall of words hurts the brain at times......but i'm sure he took it in good heart...all the best...
  • edited May 2012
    take no notice of english professors!! With tpnk I would check fold as random man could have a 6 or any other combo to beat you -oop. Not risking much with stack size. wait for a better time!
    Posted by gracie24
    Yeah Gracie, I meant no offense to him at all. I merely pointed out that walls of text are hard to red and some people will plain not even bother to answer then faced with a wall of text that is hard to read without losing your place. So when he answered to say he ddn't know when best to put in puncuation and paragraphs I just gave him some tips that he is free to use, or not. But that if he does willl make it easier for others to read and to give him the answers he is looking for from his post.

Only trying to help, and nothing more was meant from it. :)