You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live game Late stages

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Obv depends on blinds structure.

I obv fold after my thread of last night :p

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted your thoughts on this hand

it was the late stages of a Live Cash Double chance last night.   We were through the bubble so everyone was in the money.  The situtaion was as below with me to act.

V1 has made a song and dance about his hand and then shoved, in a ruluctant manner

V3 wasn't really a factor as he was reletaively short stacked and was likely to call anyway

V4 was a very good player and was using his chip stack to good effect.  My view was if he had any sort of hand he would call.

I was holding Pocket 9's

The next person out got £60 the person after that £90 

EDIT : Blinds were 1000, 2000 with a 200 anti  (sorry guys forgot to put these in ) 

What's your view, what should I do here?

• edited May 2012

Hi Pete,
    Don't play live so excuse the Q but was this the only table left? Blinds?
    Also, I think you've got your V's wrong but it' prob a shove from me regardless.
    pad

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Live game Late stages:
    Hi Pete, Don't play live so excuse the Q but was this the only table left? Blinds? Also, I think you've got your V's wrong but it' prob a shove from me regardless. pad
    Posted by Glenelg

Thanks for the heads up on the V's Glen,  That's them right now.. Cheers 
  • edited May 2012

Well if you go all-in (as you should) V3 will fold unless he's got QQ+, he's got another orbit.  V4 will prob fold as well unless he's got a pp or A10+.

• edited May 2012
    Got to be all in for me 5-handed, unlikely he does this big shove with really big pairs and more likely to be smaller pairs not wanting to face 3bet or play a flop.

Possible overcards as well but that's fine for you with your stack and should be happy getting it in in that spot.

Not sure V4 really matters as once you shove you have no more decisions and it's just a case of whether he found a monster or not. 
  • edited May 2012

What do you mean by "a song and dance"? Live reads are really easy to get sometimes. Just watch him for a while without saying anything and...

If he's normally a nervous guy and he seems comfortable, then fold. If he's a super-cool guy that seems nervous, then call.

In that good old vacuum, I call if the other players are solid and I have no edge but fold if the other players are fish. What does V2's stack look like at this stage?

• edited May 2012
    What do you mean by "a song and dance"? Live reads are really easy to get sometimes. Just watch him for a while without saying anything and... If he's normally a nervous guy and he seems comfortable, then fold. If he's a super-cool guy that seems nervous, then call. In that good old vacuum, I call if the other players are solid and I have no edge but fold if the other players are fish. What does V2's stack look like at this stage?
    Posted by BorinLoner

Hi Borin,

V1 was an eastern eurpoean, very agressive.  He had just lost a large pot a few hands before and I assessed him to be on major tilt.  He kept looking at his cards, putting them down, looking at them again.  Eventtually he threw them down on the table mutter something in his Language and shoved his chips in the middle.  I figuered he had Ax  where X wasn't that good.

This was the first time he had shown any emotion at all.  I figured is he had a monster he would try and trap someone,  he had done this before. If he had a rubbish hand he would fold or shove, but in a confident manner.  

His display convinced me he had a marginal hand that he was reluctant to play but being on tilt made him play it.

If i had been the last to act I would have called immediately,  but I was concerned with V4 having a hand that he was prepared to call the all in with.  I had V1 covered but not by much so I didn't feel a shove to isolate would have kept V4 out of the pot if he was going to call anyway 

V2 had around 90K

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Live game Late stages : Hi Borin, V1 was an eastern eurpoean, very agressive.  He had just lost a large pot a few hands before and I assessed him to be on major tilt.  He kept looking at his cards, putting them down, looking at them again.  Eventtually he threw them down on the table mutter something in his Language and shoved his chips in the middle.  I figuered he had Ax  where X wasn't that good. This was the first time he had shown any emotion at all.  I figured is he had a monster he would try and trap someone,  he had done this before. If he had a rubbish hand he would fold or shove, but in a confident manner.   His display convinced me he had a marginal hand that he was reluctant to play but being on tilt made him play it. If i had been the last to act I would have called immediately,  but I was concerned with V4 having a hand that he was prepared to call the all in with.  I had V1 covered but not by much so I didn't feel a shove to isolate would have kept V4 out of the pot if he was going to call anyway  V2 had around 90K
    Posted by JockBMW
    sounds more like a small pair to me given read.

I reship
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the feed back guys,

As it turns out I folded my 99

V3 shoved his remaining chips and V4 Called.

V1 turned over A 7

V3 turned over KJ

V4 turned over A 10

The flop came out 9 9 10...   Yeah I know Quads lol

V4 knocked out V1 and V3  I later knocked out V2 and then ground it out for a while before me and V4 chopped it.

I just thought it was a really interesting hand.
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the feed back guys, As it turns out I folded my 99 V3 shoved his remaining chips and V4 Called. V1 turned over A 7 V3 turned over KJ V4 turned over A 10 The flop came out 9 9 10...   Yeah I know Quads lol V4 knocked out V1 and V3  I later knocked out V2 and then ground it out for a while before me and V4 chopped it. I just thought it was a really interesting hand.
    Posted by JockBMW
    Given the live tell mate im 100% sure we're ahead of that guy 100% of the time and at worst v one over (his cards) obviously flopping quads helps, but i think oh the whole you seemed to have worried about the big stack beind too much. a treble up here and down to 3 way would have been massive suddenly ur banging heads with chip leaders door at a vital point in the tourny.

Goin FTW means you gta shove.