You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This a fold? Dont know tbh???

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
£25 freeze out 23 runners, 4 paid.

FT, There are two super stacks myself & villain.  Villain opens CO for 3x, I fold 9's from the BB.  Whats the point in getting into a clash here.  Prob both 80+ BBs wheras other seats maybe 25 max.

Over level or just reasonable caution.  Stupid nit fold I think, cant decide.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Would really like stack size info, and are you already in money, or if not how many left. I assume in money if this is FT, so this does seem nitty to me, but far to litle information in this post to give a real answer for me.

Sorry... just saw you had 80bb's each you and villian? Can't say I'm folding so easy in that case to a 3xbb raise, and certainly not if already in money.
  • edited May 2012
    myeh was pretty weak, jusr didnt see any point getting involved in a race tbh. 

Seemed like a clear 3bet or fold spot.  Felt like edge over field enough not to get involved.  But honestly cant decide, bugging me.  Particukar villain is uber polarised to a flip or junk aswell.  Myeh cant decide

roftw won tho :p

1st hand HU KK

2nd hand A's.

Poker eez easy :p

Horrific game tho tbf.  Conciously narrowed my range and was just uber bored :(
  • edited May 2012
    Thats the whole reason to multitable so we don't get bored waiting for hands. :)
  • edited May 2012
    tricky live :p

Inebriation ftw :p

myeh super bad fold I suck :p
  • edited May 2012

80BB effective deep you can even set-mine if it takes your fancy. 3-bet to 8BB probably my line... Fold is super-duper tight but it all worked out nicely for you so who cares?

• edited May 2012
    call or 3 bet, folding to a 3x from the co is super weak )
  • edited May 2012
    If your not wanting to clash too badly you should be set peddling v this oppo i think.
  • edited May 2012
    Myeh. :p

Was just really weird spot tbf.  Just not like me to even entertain folding there.  Just running bad and effected decision making process I guess.

Oppo is tricky post also, bit of a level tbh as I know that he thinks I'm tricky & know for a fact he doesnt like getting into pots with me.  Think level had alot to do with it & perceived edge over table vs not wanting to clash.

Think mentally just wanted to move onto next hand.  Not like me at all.....

All very rational reasons for a super bad fold, gonna blame level though :p
  • edited May 2012
    absoloutely.  So unlike me too.  Just some weird self inflicted meta game vs only oppo who can hurt me

Shall say 3 hail Merciers to the poker gods as penance.
  • edited May 2012
    Don't fold

I like flatting this deep, ESP if you have decent reads
  • edited May 2012
    Instant Fold,  We need to form a Gang Amybr.  The Anti 9's club ;o)
  • edited May 2012
    You have to at least call for a set, folding to single raise makes no sense, imagine if you hit set and he can't fold overpair/TPTK you then might get a mammoth stack that can crush everyone else into the ground.

You can of course 3bet as well but certainly folding can never be an option here. 
  • edited May 2012
    yep agree.  Went through my reasons for being specially dumb in this spot :p

OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhh always wanted to b in a gang :)
  • edited May 2012
    At least call and see if you hit your set?????,
    Dont get much nittier then that fold.

This is the kind of hand I want to play v another big stack. What would you do if one of the small stacks had been raiser..
  • edited May 2012
    I used to play the hand regardless of stack.
    But increasingly I am thinking - why bother.
    Set mine is prob best - but folding is prob my most likely response these days.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: This a fold? Dont know tbh???:
    I used to play the hand regardless of stack. But increasingly I am thinking - why bother. Set mine is prob best - but folding is prob my most likely response these days.
    Posted by GELDY
    +1 for me!!
  • edited May 2012
    I used to play the hand regardless of stack. But increasingly I am thinking - why bother. Set mine is prob best - but folding is prob my most likely response these days.
    Posted by GELDY
    Why bother playing at all?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: This a fold? Dont know tbh??? : Why bother playing at all?
    Posted by grantorino
    LOL +1 :D
  • edited May 2012
    Lol am pretty surprised this thread has so many replies tbh.

Was a pretty obv drunk post @ 4am.  Most of my Live hand threads dont get many replies, must be as they are so long & situational and boring.  Shall have to keep them shorter/simpler in future :) :P

Looking at it sober (well lets be honest non paraletic - infact if I ever post past 2am you can pretty much bet the pink elephants are running the fingers), its just an obv flat given stack depth and based on situ at table.

As said it was a bit of a level.  Most importantly at the time was the fact that vs this particular villain I will often play 9's as the nuts given his uber polarised range.  Am going to c/c 2 streets a lot of the time and am never really going to know where I am in the hand, but am going to be a non believer on alot of bad boards.  Shouldnt matter though, is def a call, given reads, often a 3bet.

Something can be said for opting not to get into pot with a strong player equally deep when all others are so relatively short.  But this is just far too passive/nitty so deep. 
  • edited May 2012
    thats an ok fold.................but folding jj to my 3 bet on the final table at the redtooth final was bad!(i might of won it if you called my kk).:)
  • edited May 2012
    that was actually a worse fold than you think, as you were the only person to 3bet me all day, 1st time being with 77 oop, right :P?  Different stage of tourney tho, worse felt you show up with is AK. 

Always appreciated the show tho :)  B/folding J's 12bbs deep face up ftw :p

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: This a fold? Dont know tbh??? : Why bother playing at all?
    Posted by grantorino
    all about picking your spots - and you may have noticed I am probably schizophrenic