You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

standard of players

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys ive only been playing poker couple of weeks i browsed loads of sites liked sky thats why i joined but get lots of mixed messages about the standard of play on hear whats everyone think ONE REVIEW SAID A SITE FULL OF FISH  many thanks

Comments

• edited November 2009
    in my opinion which is worthless a may add.

sky has a full mix of players, fish sharks minnows and the odd whale

however what makes us different from the rest is, what fun we are lol, its a great place to learn the game and earn a bit of cash

Also if you get stuck with anything, theres 24hr live online customer service or you can just go to the community and place a question on the forum...

Welcome to SKy poker
  • edited November 2009
    it is a good idea to have a couple rolls on a couple of sites.  sky has a really good mix of games but it does lack in tournies IMO and bigger networks have a far wider range.  you can also play other forms of poker on other sites too which can be fun.

there are fish on every site. i would imagine that on the whole this averages out across every site.  there might be some tougher games on some networks but on the whole it doesn't really matter.  if you are a good player then you will be a winning player, as long as you table select and play to your strengths.
  • edited November 2009
    well you will get fish in every site m8y,

but i hope you have got a big rod,

because there is a lot of sharks on here as well  ,

so beware you may just catch a shark on that  hook of yours ,

and be dragged in to the sea and gobbled all up lol.

enjoy skypoker its tops,

and gl on the tables .
  • edited November 2009
    good site this if your any good you,ll do ok, problem people dont understand is the varience they go on a bad run then start blaming sky or the software when its just the natural run of things(same as life really up and down)...btw.you a stokie..up the potters

• edited November 2009
    i know  there fish on every    site    scotty   but there  always hit  on  here   am  i  right  or  wrong
  • edited November 2009
    Beware those who say stuff like "a site full of fish". If that's the case, why aren't they here 24/7 and filling their boots?
    Phrases like that are usually said by people who think they are much better than they actually are.

There is a big emphasis on tournaments on this site, probably more than any other site. This emphasis on MTTs brings in the casual players who have a stab for a fiver or tenner. These very occasional players lead to many of the inventive bad beats you read about.
  • edited November 2009

Been playing here since january, previously played on many sites and the standard is just the same except it is a mainly British mentality which helps (no daft scandis)

And very friendly bunch

• edited November 2009
    You won't find anywhere better than sky poker buddy!! if you start listening to all the moaners who think sky is rigged and the bad beats are more than any other site and it's full of fish etc etc ...... certain things are guarenteed to happen to you!!

1. You will be a mental health patient within a very short time!

2. you will be sent to area 51 and once in no one ever gets out!!

3. You will miss out on using probably just about the best poker forum anywhere on the net!

4. you will not make any new good poker buddies!

5. you'll end up on another site probably getting ripped off

6. you will not see the comedy duo that is Tikay & Champ -  has to be seen to be believed ;)

7. No other site does freeroll tournaments for people posting one word replies to other peoples posts ;) ( cheeky )

These are just a few examples of why you should not listen to these strange types and just go with the flow and enjoy sky poker! everywhere you go people will always whine about this site being bad that site being bad etc etc. Best thing you can do is ignore them play it get involved in the forum and i would be very surprised if you ever looked back!!!! Hope this answers your questions or doubts about sky poker ;)
  • edited November 2009
    The best way to stop them fishing is to take away their bait, if you believe you have the best hand raise it enough they can’t afford it. Don’t check don’t bet just raise raise and raise again they soon get the idea not to fish against you. Good luck keeps with skypoker
  • edited November 2009
    I got news for you...you will end up a fish on sky .....lol!
  • edited November 2009
    not  on  about   mtts     big  bluster   on  about  cash  like   u say  some  players  talk  a good  game
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: standard of players:
    i know  there fish on every    site    scotty   but there  always hit  on  here   am  i  right  or  wrong
    Posted by scrumdown
    is there a site that fish dont hit on,

please please tell .
  • edited November 2009
    Have only very recently joined and started playing but standard doesnt seem any different from any other site, certainly no worse anyway. Only played very low stakes so far (30p DYM) and is a mix of good and bad players. Seems a very friendly site though and am enjoying reading these excellent forums.