You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Two hands from the £1500 mini tonight that had me thinking to much

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

These two hands were about ten minutes or so after the bubble had burst and we were down to 22 left in field. I'd only just moved to this table and had already seen villian make one large raise preflop to 6k, so was really not sure in both cases what you guy would do?

Hand one.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tomchap1 Small blind  500.00 500.00 20126.29
KAM99 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 15471.50
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

keepsmilin Fold     
albania Fold     
xxxxxx Raise  5000.00 6500.00 11046.59
tomchap1 Fold     
KAM99 ???? 

Hand two I semi wish I had put this all in preflop and taken the choice out of my hands, but as it was.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxxxxxx Small blind  600.00 600.00 17246.59 tomchap1 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 18026.29  Your hole cards 10 A    KAM99 Raise  2400.00 4200.00 12571.50 keepsmilin Fold     albania Fold     xxxxxx All-in  17246.59 21446.59 0.00 tomchap1 Fold     KAM99 ????

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I fold hand 1 - 15bb in a no ante tournament isn't a terrible situation to be in and here I doubt villains ever folding after raising 5x - I think it's a close one and I don't think shoving is bad (in real play I probz shove lolol)

I call hand 2 - 4 handed villain could be shoving worse
  • edited May 2012
    I'd fold hand 1 definitely. You've got 15 x BB and can probably pick a better place to get your chips in

Hand 2 is trickier. 15 x BB again and a raiser UTG. What do you put xxxxxx on? Pocket pair? AK, AQ, AJ? Or a stone cold bluff? If you call KAM99 will almost certaily fold unless he has a BIG hand. I could understand a fold but from bare information we've got it looks to me like xxxxxx has seen min raise from KAM99 so feels an all-in will bump him  and you off and he collects extra chips.

I'd shove and cross my fingers.
  • edited May 2012
    Hand 1 - Fold.

Hand 2 - 12.5bb and A10, I'm open shoving. Don't have a clue what I'd do when faced with a 3bet jam, it's opponent dependant. I think if you're raising A10 out of that stack, it's because you're prepared to stack off with it, so once you've raised, call it off, or just open fold the hand without putting a chip in the pot.

Raise/folding A10 is pretty bad, you may as well have 72o.

Open Jam > Open Fold > Minraise/Fold
  • edited May 2012
    Hand 1 is pretty marginal tbh vs button 5x range.  Readless I fold though.  Dont hate getting it in, dont hate folding.

Hand 2:  Am def shipping pre.  As played am prob nit folding as cant see worse hand doing this really (villain dependant tho obv).
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah I actually folded both hands in the end. I was very tempted by the KQ, as I just couldn't work out what a raise that big on the button meant. I mean it seemed unlikely he had a hand with a raise that big at those blinds, as if you have a hand you want action, and that was an action killer unless someone has a monster. So it just looked a little off to me like he just wanted to steal, but reason i didn't shove is he would pretty much have to call and I'd hate to see some dumb hand like A5 and go out to that.

Folding the A10 was far worse and I tanked my full bar, and would likely have used a bit of a time bank if I'd had one. The pot odds were right to go for it with my hand assuming I could give him a range as big as about 12%, but I just wasn't sure I culd give him that big of a range. I had finger over call for the full timer bar and just punked out on the last second cus I just couldn't see him often shoving A9 or lower often, and so had to be hoping for 99 or lower.

So yeah I even said before that I wished I'd shoved it pre, but just didn't cus I was 15bb deep, which just kind of changed my mind and one hand I hated beginning to end. As it was I ended up going out on the first flip I took in the tournament which was my 1010 vs AQ and he hit he queen on the flop. Which is about the size of my luck in tournaments. Rarely win my flips. hehe
  • edited May 2012
    1- fold

2- ship pre. As played call