You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AKs DYM bubble

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

DYM bubble villian has previous 3bet shoved 95o and called my 3bet shove with 95s, playing nearly every hand. On the bubble what should we do.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
lol_i_call Small blind  25.00 25.00 2730.00
truegrit Big blind  50.00 75.00 1715.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

vilianAll-in  3355.00 3430.00 0.00
young_owl Fold     
lol_i_call ??? stack 2.3k

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Ive asked mel to post this hand, i said we can probably fold this spot with it being the bubble of a dym and given opponents previous play i think we can find better spots or other people clash. However im not an expert on dyms by any means.
  • edited May 2012
    I probably call this.
  • edited May 2012
    easy fold all about survival and its bubble easy fold villain has u covered so even if u up against a random non pair hand its only 60/40 not worth it 
  • edited May 2012
    call.

Unless theres another stack less than 1400.
  • edited May 2012
    we have a huggggggggggggge amount of blinds for a dym.. not a time to gamble imo!

really easy standard fold imo

• edited May 2012
    So the missing stack has about 4200 chips? Surprised its bubble at 25/50 but IMO its a definite call. No reason not to. You're a flip or better...and you've seen a weak hand bet so.....
  • edited May 2012
    Ok, said he has 3bet shoved garbage and called a 3bet shove with rubbish too, but how many hands he open shoved so far? I'll bet its first time he has had a real hand as clearly he has no idea how to play, so I'd bet this is actually a big hand. With blinds so low and on the bubble I say fold and let someone else nail him or get bust out to him if he is playing every hand.
  • edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: AKs DYM bubble:
    Ok, said he has 3bet shoved garbage and called a 3bet shove with rubbish too, but how many hands he open shoved so far? I'll bet its first time he has had a real hand as clearly he has no idea how to play, so I'd bet this is actually a big hand. With blinds so low and on the bubble I say fold and let someone else nail him or get bust out to him if he is playing every hand.
    Posted by KAM99
    At the time Mel said he was playing every hand, i almost this exact manner, she'd need to confirm that here though.

ty all
  • edited May 2012
    thank you every one for ur  comments
  • edited May 2012
    agree with the fold, even if they have 95 or any undercards all they have to do is hit one of them and for you too miss, i would only call in this spot if blinds were bigger, i was short stacked or had big stack and could knock him out and have plenty left to race with him again. All you would do by calling a shove is either taking a big gamble that you hit or hope he hasnt got pk As or pk Ks which he could. Its all about patience and choosing the right spot and this wasnt a good spot especialy in a dym game.
  • edited May 2012
    my heart says call, my DYM head says fold
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: AKs DYM bubble:
    agree with the fold, even if they have 95 or any undercards all they have to do is hit one of them and for you too miss, i would only call in this spot if blinds were bigger, i was short stacked or had big stack and could knock him out and have plenty left to race with him again. All you would do by calling a shove is either taking a big gamble that you hit or hope he hasnt got pk As or pk Ks which he could. Its all about patience and choosing the right spot and this wasnt a good spot especialy in a dym game.
    Posted by Dazler
    thank you dazler.

i was thinking of calling but the hand before my AK i had pocket Ks and they went all in with 95 and i call then and they hit their 95 on the flop so i folded the AK because i thouhgt they wud probably hit again
  • edited May 2012
    25/50 u have over 55 big blinds and guy covers u all in over 3 k ITS A EASY FOLD  u should make the money just by folding now must be a crazy dym if 2 people out and blinds are only 25/50 just fold ya way into the money just play premiums amount of times on low stakes dyms u can fold ya way in to the cash is unreal