You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTER CASH - Make your Play. (1)

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

This hand will be shown on Hour One tonight.

Use this Thread & Poll to make your play.

We are on a 6 seater table. Blinds are 5p 10p. We have £8.80 in play. Our hand is Ks Js. We are in the BB.

There is a Raise, a Call, the SB Calls, & we Call. The Pot is now £2.40.

Flop comes.....

Kd, 10s, 4d.

SB checks, we Bet £2, all fold, SB now CALLS.

Pot is now £6.40.

Turn = 9s

SB Checks.

Do we.....

a) Check

b) Bet £3.20

c) Go All-In.

Use the Poll Option to Vote...

AND

Explain why you chose your Option.

Come on now, you at the back, concentrate!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I would go all in as the pot in nearly matching the 8.80 we started with and have tp....and 2nd nut flush draw.
  • edited November 2009
    of course c / push it all in ,

two ways of winning ,

need i say more lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: MASTER CASH - Make your Play. (1):
    I would go all in as the pot in nearly matching the 8.80 we started with and have tp....and 2nd nut flush draw.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    i voted all in for the same reasons
  • edited November 2009
    i have top pair with good kicker believe i am winning and have both straight and flush draws so i value bet
  • edited November 2009
    i bet £3.20 there's only 3 cards left in the deck that I don't want to see on the river
  • edited November 2009
    Check.

Had the turn not been a spade it may have been right to bet this hand, depending on whether your opponent is trapping or not. But now you have a draw to the nuts, why put yourself in jeopardy of being forced to call an all-in re-raise when the odds are against you (which they would be if he shoved)?

Without the spade on the turn, you can bet and get away from an all-in raise. But with the spade hitting it is probably best to take the free card.

{With the size of the pot I'm never folding to an all-in raise here, but that's a personal thing. To some the £6.20 might be a lot of money. The question might have been better if the player had £8,800 in front of them instead of the £8.80. Would it then be right to bet out £3,200, shove over six grand, or take the free card?}.
  • edited November 2009
    Im betting £3.20 for pretty much the same reasons as mabsue stated
  • edited November 2009
      I opted for check here because we do not have enough to bet our opponent off the pot and the taking the free card seems the best option as it could vastly improve our hand and it also shows weakness by me which could easily lead to a river bluff by our opponent.

There is a major piece of information missing from this question. What do we know about our opponent? If we have been on the table long enough then we should have a reasonable read on what style of player he is and this would give us the vital information we need to make the correct decision
  • edited November 2009
    OK - everyone is assuming he's drawing - and his play so far suggests he is. HOWEVER, he may well be drawing with QJ and the turn has completed his straight. I therefore check behind (yes if he's flushing he has a free card). His actions on the river then lead me to my river action. I have position and in this scenario am going to use it for pot control.
  • edited November 2009
    Personally I would check because im a nit.
    If the river is a blank ill flat call their bet. If we hit the flush then obviously go all in.

Reason for this is our check on the turn looks weak and then the villan is likely to shove on the river what ever the card is. I suppose its a long way round of getting it all in, but doing it this way means more chance of the villan calling imo.

I like to control pots until I am sat with a monster, but if a bet looks like a bullying bet (like an all in on river) I will not be afraid to call.
  • edited November 2009
    When will this be repeated tomorrow? Im out on a stag night tonight so won't be able to watch it live.
  • edited November 2009
    I would go all in, put the pressure back on your oppo, I am thinking, what range of hands could we put the player on, he/she checks, but calls out bet after the flop? could they have AK? KK? AT? A4?, TT? 44? or of course air, we have 8s and 4 queens =12 outs (Hopefully :)) roughly hit 1 in 4?, the thing is, we are always 2nd to act, so what would we have done if we had checked, or bet to £3.20 and our oppo pushed?

Why does my brain hurt? :)
  • edited November 2009
    1 move here and only 1 move

alllllllllll innnnnnnnnn
  • edited November 2009
    he is playing it like a draw which that 9 could have helped him with so i check and see what happens on the river
  • edited November 2009
    I dont play much cash but my instant thoughts are youve made your bed with this hand, shove it in and this is what i would do.

If you check he may well shove on the river anyway and the decision is back on you. (obviously no decision if you hit your b/d flush) but get your chips in first let him have the decision, theres a good chance he got a diamond draw and by shoving all in on the turn your not giving him the right price to call with it.

It boils down to how you read his checkon the turn tho, surely if he had a set he would get some more money in here cos the board is looking dangerous...so imo he has a King too or a diamond draw

If he has you beat on the turn and he calls youve got outs...
  • edited November 2009
    I would value bet here.
    I have top pair with a decent kicker.
    If I am behind to A K, K Q or a big pocket pair, I can still win the pot with the gun-shot strait draw or the 2nd nut flush draw. I would also have the strait flush draw, which gives me 12 outs to improve my hand. I would have another 4 outs if the opponent has A A, T T or 4 4.
    The initial bet was 6x the BB, so the first raiser could have a big hand or pocket T's or 4's.
    I still have £3.00 and I am now virtually pot committed, but I would still make the same play.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm shoving here - even if I'm behind, I have plenty of outs - if I check and he bets, there's no way I'd pass, so I want to get my money in first - two ways to win