You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the value of the £865 tournament

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
just a quick thought, 1000 people enter, £865 prize, the buy in would be less then £1, lets not get too exited bout it!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    2000 people so I make it around 50p - if you don't want to play it, or you think it's not worth it, then feel free to not enter! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    It's a free tournament from skypoker, with £865 up for grabs, so we should appreciate getting something for nothing.
    Just because a cash in this tournament wont set you up for a life of leisure, it's still the chance to have some fun for free, and maybe get a little extra for the bankroll at the end.
  • edited November 2009
    exactly fun and its great to play like a fish in these ones,

so play and have fun .
  • edited November 2009
    You cant moan about anything thats free, £865 is a good amount to give away.  Theres only 15 minutes to reigister and you have to be watching the show so dont think there will be 2000 anyway, especially as its going up against the x-factor again many of us will be battling with the mrs to get the remote.
  • edited November 2009
    Cant see why this discussion was even started.£865 fffrrreeerrrooollllll what more can u want?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to the value of the £865 tournament:
    just a quick thought, 1000 people enter, £865 prize, the buy in would be less then £1, lets not get too exited bout it!
    Posted by nirvana29
    please do not play, as you wouldnt be a worthy player with this attitude. mind you keeps your one line post count ticking over dunt it
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: the value of the £865 tournament:
    Cant see why this discussion was even started.£865 fffrrreeerrrooollllll what more can u want?
    Posted by dav1964
    £866 lol
  • edited November 2009
    This is £865 being given away on a freeroll. Nothing to complain about there.
    To stop the battle for the remote, just watch the show online and let the other half watch X Factor.
  • edited November 2009
    alright webby, fare enough,but everything i post on here i meen, i dont post 4 the sake of it. only sum1 who was postin 4 the freeroll would have noticed this.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to the value of the £865 tournament:
    Posted by nirvana29
    As I posted yesterday in the 865 freeroll thread,

Sky give away over £7000 per month in freerolls. On top of that, they must give away several hundred pounds of free entries every month to tournaments.

That is FANTASTIC customer service.

Think about that next time you are on partypoker playing a $20.00 freeroll that attracts 8000 runners.

If you dont feel that an equivalent of £1.00 buy in per entrant for free is fair, then I suggest you don't register and give the seat to someone who will appreciate it.

Sorry for sounding so negative, but Sky give back to the players an awful lot. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
  • edited November 2009
    if you dont think £865 is value, i bet you dont bother with the £100 freerolls then

What do you want, a 10k freeroll so each guy gets £5 per head on average?