You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*Omaha* Was I right to try and get as much money in here as possible...?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
EBBERDON Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £87.36
tallboy Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £39.10
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A
  • A
  • K

xxRaise  £1.50 £2.25 £75.59
FlashFlush Raise  £5.00 £7.25 £95.45
CeeCee480 Fold     
EBBERDON Fold     
tallboy Fold     
xxCall  £3.50 £10.75 £72.09
Flop

xxBet  £8.06 £18.81 £64.03
FlashFlush Raise  £34.93 £53.74 £60.52
xxCall  £26.87 £80.61 £37.16
Turn

xx All-in  £37.16 £117.77 £0.00
FlashFlush Call  £37.16 £154.93 £23.36
xxShow
  • K
  • J

FlashFlush Show
  • K
  • A
  • A
  • K

River

• A

xxWin Flush to the Ace £154.03  £154.03
No reads, don't play omaha that often and only played vs this guy a few times

Comments

• edited May 2012
    clearly in this case yes, though I'ld be considering how often my hand improves versus an opponent's hand when he is keen to get the money in on the flop.

Seems like you could be in bad shape a lot of the time against wraps/made straights/sets especially if they have blockers to your flush draw. Basically I'ld want to be more cautious.

Just my opinion - prob not worth a lot, as I have lost a ton of money at omaha and now avoid it like the plague!! Will be interested to hear what others think.
  • edited May 2012
    Get in lots ASAP pre flop obviously...

This kind of board with the donk bet into us I'd be calling - rasing to get it all in here as simon says (haha) is likely us drawing to 9ish outs as were disregarding that aces are ahead and will probably be behind to top 2 pairs - straights etc...

So NH preflop but don't go crazy after it didn't go in pre me thinks.  Call flop - fold that turn.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: *Omaha* Was I right to try and get as much money in here as possible...?:
    Get in lots ASAP pre flop obviously... This kind of board with the donk bet into us I'd be calling - rasing to get it all in here as simon says (haha) is likely us drawing to 9ish outs as were disregarding that aces are ahead and will probably be behind to top 2 pairs - straights etc... So NH preflop but don't go crazy after it didn't go in pre me thinks.  Call flop - fold that turn.
    Posted by elldixon18
    Don't forget I do still have the nut flush draw on an un-paired board
  • edited May 2012
    yo Flash my 2p worth lol,

I don't 3-bet much in omaha mainly 95% of my three-bets come from the button and that's rare, so for me this is a marginal spot to 3-bet, mainly because i would not want to show my hand face up and therefore wasting a good hand. Although a pretty hand its still a hand i would wish to improve i.e nut flush, set/house etc, so playing this multi-way is not a bad thing. In this spot i would flat the utg open but would not mind if the pot was re-opened from someone behind, this could give me a window to come over the top into a bigger pot! this suits the way i play the game, less variance imo.

Its good to note that this is a game where in a ring game (applies to six max too imo) limp calling from early position is far superior strategy than to open 3x from Early poss with any hand, for instance i would rather open j1067 from the button than opening AAxx from utg, so you have to remove your holdem head to play this game.

As played, not sure about the flop raise?, but turn is definitely a fold, you are not getting the price to call vs a straight, and you have to give the villain credit for a made hand here.