You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fed up with people moaning all the time

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Dont get me wrong i moan like the best of ppl, however it seems to be getting worse

example -

i played a dym game last night (60p) 4 players left on bubble

im big stack,

player B med stack

last 2 players on less than 500 (BB 200)

pre flop

me AA
player B AK

flop A 10 6

player B immediatly goes all in and i call (who wouldnt)

player B then reals off prob every word that is banned, lol

water off a ducks back to me, but my point is there seems to be a increase of players that either cant play the game prop or cant afford to lose....

and then proced to abuse players for it.......

any one else getting this

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Its common, some ppl are bad losers and dont consider other possible options on the table when it comes to the cards. I have now learnt to ignore these ppl, easy done just min chat & they go away.
    amanda
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Edkent123, sorry to hear about the language to experienced at the tables last night, it is not something that we tolerate here at sky poker, if you could please get in contact with the customer care team they will be more happy to help and will investigate this issues and take appropriate action to try prevent this happening at the tables again.

Thanks

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    All the time mate.

Your play was obviously right.

The villian should have no way pushed against you with 2 shorties with less than 3 bb left. The very most I would have done is min raised and folded to any response.

His best option would be to quietly fold everything to you and wait for the shorties to battle it out as they eventually would.

Half the problem is the stakes. 60p you get this a lot. at five quid and above, they tend to have a little more common sense.

I recieved some choice words the other day when a player put me all in post flop on the very first hand of a DYM (again 60p) after I had hit trip 5's.

Althought there had been no preflop raise, I was called a fish and several other words you have to space out to get past the rules because I beat his ace jack.

He had hit the jack on the flop and pushed all in straight away, no finesse at all. He risked is entire stack to win 60 chips.

Yet for some reason, I was in the wrong for flat calling with 5's from the SB. Yes, I did check the flop initially as there was no straight or flush possibilities at the time but this was to represent weakness and encourage a bet.

I like to think sometimes, they are more frustrated with themselves for blowing what is in effect a virtually guaranteed cash.
  • edited November 2009

Moan? It's what many poker players do, I'm afraid. Not the grown-ups, though.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Fed up with people moaning all the time:
    Its common, some ppl are bad losers and dont consider other possible options on the table when it comes to the cards. I have now learnt to ignore these ppl, easy done just min chat & they go away. amanda
    Posted by borobabe09
    Trust me, never close the chat box. Even if you are not chatting.

I discovered something a few months ago that I would have missed if the chat box was closed.

I can't put here what it was as the mods will delete my post.

Lets just say that particular player no longer is allowed to play here. If anyone really wants to know what it was, PM me.
  • edited November 2009
    "sky mod"

its water of a ducks back to me, im just happy to take the fools money, however if any one else gets offended go to sky customer services, who from past experiences sort these problems out very very fast
  • edited November 2009
    Hale72 definetly, more stupid moves in the lower stakes, people get angry with themselves and let it go in the chat
  • edited November 2009
    Is it not the case, the title of your thread is a moan in itself. ;)

As TK says, poker players are the biggest moaners of the lot. You do get the few who are able to take bad beats etc with grace, but even at a 'fun' pub game you get grumpy ppl saying things like "oh why the F did you raise then, I wanted to see the flop for cheap" etc etc.. ummm "thanks for letting me know I can make you tilt by raising lol"!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser...lol
  • edited November 2009
    dont bother me,perhaps its how i was brought up rough estate,work on building sites,hear it all the time.in fact i quite like the abuse means im doing something right but thats just me.supose the sensitive people who dont like it then report them,its the only way to stop it.....sean
  • edited November 2009
    All the time mate. Your play was obviously right. The villian should have no way pushed against you with 2 shorties with less than 3 bb left. The very most I would have done is min raised and folded to any response. His best option would be to quietly fold everything to you and wait for the shorties to battle it out as they eventually would. Half the problem is the stakes. 60p you get this a lot. at five quid and above, they tend to have a little more common sense. I recieved some choice words the other day when a player put me all in post flop on the very first hand of a DYM (again 60p) after I had hit trip 5's. Althought there had been no preflop raise, I was called a fish and several other words you have to space out to get past the rules because I beat his ace jack. He had hit the jack on the flop and pushed all in straight away, no finesse at all. He risked is entire stack to win 60 chips. Yet for some reason, I was in the wrong for flat calling with 5's from the SB. Yes, I did check the flop initially as there was no straight or flush possibilities at the time but this was to represent weakness and encourage a bet. I like to think sometimes, they are more frustrated with themselves for blowing what is in effect a virtually guaranteed cash.
    Posted by Hale72

Im afraid you get idiot moaners and plays that defy common sense at all levels.

Oh and imo 99.99% of idiot moaners and abusive players are inexperienced poker players and/or losing players

If only we could rid poker of bad attitudes, but unfortunately it isnt going to happen we just have to learn to live with it and take their chips quietly.

Maybe one day they will learn that a decent attitude at the table is the way forward... We can but live in hope...

There is nothing wrong with the occasional whinge of course( we are all human), but try keep it to yourself and try not to direct it at other players. Any whinging i do, is usually directed at myself... could i have played the hand better etc...
  • edited November 2009
    Show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser...lol
    Posted by diablo_pez
    One of the most famous, & oft-repeated cliches you will ever see or hear.

Which does not make it true. In fact, it's a complete myth, in my opinion.
  • edited November 2009
    Yes, Gregg,

You do get idiots at all levels.

I do tend the find the ratio of idiots at over five quid does drop.

Sometimes, they can actually fold ace king to the big stack!!!
  • edited November 2009
    if  there  giving  u abuse    then there on tilt   even  easy  to  take there  money
  • edited November 2009

Today I was called a donk for playing and hitting a flush draw against AA. As far as I was concerned he gave me the odds to play through and as I have not had to reload my account since Jan. I must be doing soething right. I think it says more about the name caller than the called. Ignore it unless it gets too offensive

• edited November 2009
    MOANING should be compulsory! WHO like to lose, its our only safty valve, some of us just need to let off steam! This is the only way we can do it!
    Oh and when you get a good hand beat by a ridiculous flop....What do you expext ....kisses and flowers!

Take it ...like i do ...suck it up ...if no one moaned or winged...how boring would online poker be!
  • edited November 2009
    am i the  only one who finds it funny?
  • edited November 2009
    And the award for Ironic Thread Of The Week goes to...................

;-) lol
  • edited November 2009
    Oit bonk u refering to me lol lol, dont start me moaning lol
  • edited November 2009
    Dont moan about people moaning then ...lol