You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"BEAT(UP) THE NOVICE" QUIZ......q's from last night' BH. Can you get 5/5...we'll see...

Hi folks,
Here goes. A quick quiz of q's i need answered by the 'EXPERIENCED'....

I've tried to make the q's detailed enough. If yu have a "it depends on this, that or the weather' type answer then put 'DEP'.If there are enough DEPs then i'll put up theactual hand in another post.  Otherwise its Yor N.

If there are enough sets of answers i may print a class list and give out stars....
PS. You may have guessed that i used to be a maths teacher!!!

Your time starts...."NOW"!....."SILENCE"!!!!

1. JJ R fr/ UTG 3xbb?

2. AA R'd 3xbb in CO w/13bbs. Mid/late stages. Should it have been AI?

3. ATo in sb. 3xbb R fr/ BTN w/60bb. Should i play hand?

4. Is K9oin sb  playable in late stages w/10bb after min R on BTN?

5. AQs in MP W/15BB , late stages.  UTG Rs all-in and has not got me covered. Call or fold?

CHEERS ALL....

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to "BEAT(UP) THE NOVICE" QUIZ......q's from last night' BH. Can you get 5/5...we'll see...:
    Hi folks, Here goes. A quick quiz of q's i need answered by the 'EXPERIENCED'.... I've tried to make the q's detailed enough. If yu have a "it depends on this, that or the weather' type answer then put 'DEP' .If there are enough DEPs then i'll put up theactual hand in another post.  Otherwise its Yor N. If there are enough sets of answers i may print a class list and give out stars.... PS. You may have guessed that i used to be a maths teacher!!! Your time starts...."NOW"!....."SILENCE"!!!! 1. JJ R fr/ UTG 3xbb? 2. AA R'd 3xbb in CO w/13bbs. Mid/late stages. Should it have been AI? 3. ATo in sb. 3xbb R fr/ BTN w/60bb. Should i play hand? 4. Is K9oin sb  playable in late stages w/10bb after min R on BTN? 5. AQs in MP W/15BB , late stages.  UTG Rs all-in and has not got me covered. Call or fold? CHEERS ALL....
    Posted by profman15
    1. Yes fine.
    2. Should be all in. But stack sizes to your left and players style to your left may change that to 2.5 raise or similar. Generally shove though so your play is consistant.
    3. Yes to a BTN range, play and reraise.
    4.Depends if the guy has been raising BTN a lot. Do prefer a better spot, but I've certainly shoved K9s myself against one person, and you should still have fold equity just if you shove.. marginal situation though, and maybe wait is better generally to be first in.
    5. If he is sub 10bb then I say reshove as he is getting desperate an about to hit blinds again and likely shoving way lighter than AQ.
  • edited May 2012
    1. Y.
    2. N. DEP
    3. Y. DEP
    4. Y. DEP
    5. Shove
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for posting fella's. You tend to agree. These were some of my probs from final tabling previous night's BH....it's nice to get views when you're unsure yourself...cheers.

TBH, I've been playing a bit passively and was looking to change gear. opening up with a wider range in mid to late stages was the idea and being more aggressive obviously. I'd been etting pummelled, metaphorically speaking, by some players as i was unsure where i tood in hands.

Anyway, it worked well last night as, to my utter delight, i came 'joint first', in the DTD Forum.  I did lose on countback to HiTman_RV but it was real nerve jangling stuff as he had to win the last tourney to grab success and leave me in the jaws of defeat it. I'm chuffed because its showing that i'm progressing and improving by reading a lot, looking over previous problem hands(with your help ta) but also implementing changes into my play.Seriously, i was just made up to to be in the mix at the end, TBH. I'm thoroughly enjoying learning the ins and outs of this game/sport/task/optimal play search/you name it?

Have a look at the thread in general poker chat("Congrats to Hitman."..) as there were two critical hands...........