You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Think i should of re-raised River what do you Think?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Had him on higher flush or am i just a Nit

liamboi11 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.71
dracula866 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.51
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

pokerdonk Fold        
elvis85 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £21.10
DTWBANDIT Call   £0.10 £0.35 £14.21
liamboi11 Fold        
dracula866 Check        
Flop

• A

dracula866 Check        
elvis85 Check        
DTWBANDIT Bet   £0.20 £0.55 £14.01
dracula866 Call   £0.20 £0.75 £10.31
elvis85 Fold        
Turn

• K

dracula866 Check        
DTWBANDIT Check        
River

dracula866 Bet   £0.75 £1.50 £9.56
DTWBANDIT Call   £0.75 £2.25 £13.26
dracula866 Show
  • K

DTWBANDIT Show
  • J
  • Q

DTWBANDIT Win Flush to the Ace £2.08   £15.34

Comments

• edited May 2012

yes i would raise big Mike otr

you are only beat by 2 hands you need to get max value

• edited May 2012
    unbelievably nitty
    raise pre to isolate player in position
    I'd bet around 0.50p on the turn, esp with the additional outs that the K brings
    how you don't raise the river is beyond me, you put him on a Kxdd? why? how? 
    this is surely a joke post, right? lol

• edited May 2012
    Yes, nitty to put him on the flush even with his line. Bet turn, reraise river. If he makes a big reraise to your 3bet on river then maybe consider flatting, but not flatting his first bet wth a lot of other hands he could have.
  • edited May 2012
    I'd play this totally different - Raise pre to 40p following the limp, c-bet 2/3 to 3/4 pot on the flop, bet turn when we pick up even more outs and we can get better hands to fold with a 2nd barrel, then get stacks in on the river. It is 10NL, so depending on reads (if my opponent is a massive station) I may c-bet flop then check back the turn to see a free river card, but I'm never getting away from this hand once I hit that river, even if I'm playing the biggest nit ever.

As played, re-raise river and look to get all the money in. At this level, people will stack off with any random 3, probably any set, as well as worse flushes. If he's got Kxdd, then nh.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Think i should of re-raised River what do you Think?:
    I'd play this totally different - Raise pre to 40p following the limp, c-bet 2/3 to 3/4 pot on the flop, bet turn when we pick up even more outs and we can get better hands to fold with a 2nd barrel, then get stacks in on the river. It is 10NL, so depending on reads (if my opponent is a massive station) I may c-bet flop then check back the turn to see a free river card, but I'm never getting away from this hand once I hit that river, even if I'm playing the biggest nit ever. As played, re-raise river and look to get all the money in. At this level, people will stack off with any random 3, probably any set, as well as worse flushes. If he's got Kxdd, then nh.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    dont forget 23dd :)

fwiw i agree 100% with this, but mike has his own style which works for him, but ye, more agression needed imo
  • edited May 2012

Thanks for the Advice guys/girls took it on board & put it into practice with this hand as still working on my Re-Raising Game

frankban09 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £4.89
    shad91990 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.67
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • Q

JuliusAA Call   £0.10 £0.25 £6.41
    lisboner Call   £0.10 £0.35 £4.90
    blue1970 Fold        
    DTWBANDIT Call   £0.10 £0.45 £19.30
    frankban09 Call   £0.05 £0.50 £4.84
    shad91990 Check        
    Flop

frankban09 Check        
    shad91990 Check        
    JuliusAA Bet   £0.38 £0.88 £6.03
    lisboner Call   £0.38 £1.26 £4.52
    DTWBANDIT Call   £0.38 £1.64 £18.92
    frankban09 Call   £0.38 £2.02 £4.46
    shad91990 Call   £0.38 £2.40 £5.29
    Turn

frankban09 Check        
    shad91990 Check        
    JuliusAA Bet   £1.80 £4.20 £4.23
    lisboner Fold        
    DTWBANDIT Raise   £5.60 £9.80 £13.32
    frankban09 Fold        
    shad91990 Fold        
    JuliusAA All-in   £4.23 £14.03 £0.00
    DTWBANDIT Call   £0.43 £14.46 £12.89
    JuliusAA Show
    • Q

DTWBANDIT Show
    • J
    • Q

River

DTWBANDIT Win Straight to the Queen £13.37   £26.26
  • edited May 2012
    Raise pre for me, deep with very nice hand on the button. Limp just too passive.

Flop and turn look fine.

River 100% raise for me.
  • edited May 2012
    Raise pre

Bet flop

Bet turn

Raise river and get it in
  • edited May 2012
    Raise pre Bet flop Bet turn Raise river and get it in
    Posted by grantorino

+1
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Think i should of re-raised River what do you Think?:
             Had him on higher flush or am i just a Nit        liamboi11 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.71 dracula866 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.51   Your hole cards J Q       pokerdonk Fold         elvis85 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £21.10 DTWBANDIT Call   £0.10 £0.35 £14.21 liamboi11 Fold         dracula866 Check         Flop     2 4 A       dracula866 Check         elvis85 Check         DTWBANDIT Bet   £0.20 £0.55 £14.01 dracula866 Call   £0.20 £0.75 £10.31 elvis85 Fold         Turn     K       dracula866 Check         DTWBANDIT Check         River     5       dracula866 Bet   £0.75 £1.50 £9.56 DTWBANDIT Call   £0.75 £2.25 £13.26 dracula866 Show 3 K       DTWBANDIT Show J Q       DTWBANDIT Win Flush to the Ace £2.08   £15.34
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    As you prob know mate , way too tight. You are missing huge value, you have to get value for your big hands when possible, and this is a very big hand in holdem. Many people overvalue their hands in holdem and omaha. This is one of the main reasons why their is value in the game,  and it is possible, although difficult to money at poker.

In this hand I would raise their river bet with any flush. Maybe fold a very small flush if they re raise me again. Call with a medium flush if they re raise my river raise.I'm getting 100bbs in here with a jack high flush or better, with a big smile on my face. Many players are just not folding a flush for 100bbs. However it is always important to slightly vary what hand strenght you should get allin, based on information on your opponent.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Think i should of re-raised River what do you Think? : As you prob know mate , way too tight. You are missing huge value, you have to get value for your big hands when possible, and this is a very big hand in holdem. Many people overvalue their hands in holdem and omaha. This is one of the main reasons why their is value in the game,  and it is possible, although difficult to money at poker. In this hand I would raise their river bet with any flush. Maybe fold a very small flush if they re raise me again. Call with a medium flush if they re raise my river raise.I'm getting 100bbs in here with a jack high flush or better, with a big smile on my face. Many players are just not folding a flush for 100bbs. However it is always important to slightly vary what hand strenght you should get allin, based on information on your opponent.
    Posted by Fabraclass

Thanks Fabraclass totally agree with you played it way to nitty tho had no info on the player at that time
  • edited May 2012

Would just like to Thank You all for your Feedback & Imput it has helped my game loads, tonight i just had 1 nl10 Table open to Practice Re-Raising for Value & feel i'm finally getting a handle on it which i'm sure will help me when playing nl20 & nl30 as Greghogg has said i do have a certain way of playing & upto now have struggled with Re-Raising. Am happy with how i played tonight sat with £10 came away with £50, i now have a platform to work with.

Michael

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Think i should of re-raised River what do you Think? :   Thanks Fabraclass totally agree with you played it way to nitty tho had no info on the player at that time
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    No problem mate. From my experience most random players will get most if not all flushes all-in their. If you don't have any information on a player you just have to treat them as an average player. Don't worry about playing a big pot with a very big hand against a player you don't have much information on. Just treat them as an average player and go for maximum value.

GL.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Think i should of re-raised River what do you Think? : No problem mate. From my experience most random players will get most if not all flushes all-in their. If you don't have any information on a player you just have to treat them as an average player. Don't worry about playing a big pot with a very big hand against a player you don't have much information on. Just treat them as an average player and go for maximum value. GL.
    Posted by Fabraclass

Thx m8 will yake that on board