You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MASTER CASH - Make Your Play. (2)

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

This hand will be shown on Hour Two tonight.

Use this Thread & Poll to make your play.

Players at Table - 9. Blinds 25p, 50p. We have £50. Our hand is As, Js.

We Raise in EP to £4 & get TWO Calletrs.

We see this Flop.

Ad, 6h, 3c.

We Bet £15.

We get ONE Caller, who has POSITION.

Turn = Qs

Pot now = £24

What do we do now?

a) Check

b) Bet £21

c) Bet £33

d) Go all-In.

Use the Poll to VOTE....

AND

Explain WHY you have chosen your Option.

Comments

• edited November 2009

If we sit down with £50 and have allready put 19 into the pot we couldnt possible bet 33.

Betting £21 only leaves us with a tenner so id probably go all in here, and more than likely loose

• edited November 2009
    I assume he raised to £2 PF not £4? {he can't bet 33 if he only has 31 left, making the last 2 options the same.}
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to MASTER CASH - Make Your Play. (2):
    This hand will be shown on Hour Two tonight. Use this Thread & Poll to make your play. Players at Table - 9. Blinds 25p, 50p. We have £50. Our hand is As, Js. We Raise in EP to £4 & get TWO Calletrs. We see this Flop. Ad, 6h, 3c. We Bet £15. We get ONE Caller, who has POSITION. Turn = Qs Pot now = £24 What do we do now? a) Check b) Bet £21 c) Bet £33 d) Go all-In. Use the Poll to VOTE.... AND Explain WHY you have chosen your Option.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not sure about your maths.
    I think that there will be at least £42 in the pot at this stage.
    Is this just a typo?
  • edited November 2009
    Check then make a crying call.
    The only possible hands that could've called the big flop bet and you are beating are:
    AT,
    A9
    A8
    A7
    A5
    A4
    A2
    to anything else you're giving money away. There is a risk of giving a free card to a 54 hand, but would this player have called such an overbet on the flop with a straight draw?

{Actually the queen on the turn was a good card for you - if someone has AQ they were beating you anyway.
    A 9 or T would have been much scarier as they would've made 2 pair for hands on the list}
  • edited November 2009
    yeah just counted it ur right
  • edited November 2009

I'm checking as to my opponent, I have shown great strength by 4x betting in early pos yet he still calls pre and post flop.  I'm none the wiser of his hand although draws are out the question.  His range is narrow and the question is now on my knowledge of my opponent. His actions are going to decide whether I commit to AJ or not.  If push came to shove I'm putting him on a raggier ace as AK/AQ may well reraise pre. Therefore, I would probably check with the aim of check raising him all in on turn.  If he checks behind I can reevaluate on river depending on the card.

• edited November 2009
    Just deleted my original post, I would now check to show weakness or all in to just try and take whats there no in between, either decision maybe based on history
  • edited November 2009
    i check.if my opponant pushes in i would fold but if they made a bet i would push over the top giving myself an extra way of winning more money
  • edited November 2009
    I would check call unless the opponent went all in, then I would reluctantly fold.
  • edited November 2009
    UGH,

Well i hope i wouldnt be in this spot in the first place cos getting involved with AJ OOP on a NINE handed table is only going to lead to headaches! Its a fold for me pre-flop.. probably.

However, once im in the hand i guess i go with it and shove it in on the turn. If your gonna play these dodgy aces out of position and you hit you may as well get your chips in! So i voted go all in

• edited November 2009
    I check - although i am concerned 40% of my original stack is already in the middle.

The oppo has called and 8 bb raise pre and on the flop - he surely has aj beat here - as the flop is not at all connecting (rainbow) - but agree with Greg - best to avoid the chance of this happening pre flop
  • edited November 2009
    check, I think the oppo is v starong
  • edited November 2009
    Master cah requires better skill and is a brilliant and inspirational game. by the way tikay is that a wig your wearing
  • edited November 2009
    well i got the 1st one right so this WILL be the correct decision.......

I will fold and get down the barbers and get a proper hair cut before i get a bad beat and go broke!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to MASTER CASH - Make Your Play. (2):
    This hand will be shown on Hour Two tonight. Use this Thread & Poll to make your play. Players at Table - 9. Blinds 25p, 50p. We have £50. Our hand is As, Js. We Raise in EP to £4 & get TWO Calletrs. We see this Flop. Ad, 6h, 3c. We Bet £15. We get ONE Caller, who has POSITION. Turn = Qs Pot now = £24 What do we do now? a) Check b) Bet £21 c) Bet £33 d) Go all-In. Use the Poll to VOTE.... AND Explain WHY you have chosen your Option.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I`m goin check because i know the odds are i`m ahead, and i`m waitin for an "all in" from him................easy money
  • edited November 2009
    I'm a newbie so I'd call £21 so that I've still got a tenner to fall back on if I get re-raised and fold.
  • edited November 2009

Apollo 11 was the first moon landing in 1969.
    The eagle was the moon capsule.

• edited November 2009
    The Apollo 11 mission landed the first humans on the moon
  • edited November 2009

hi tikay,
    id be tempted to check 1st to see what other player does, then make my move
    I would also be tempted to go all-in, as my i think other player may have re-raised my raise if they had a stronger hand initially on the flop.
    p.s best part of 500 ppl were in freeroll 865 within seconds of you revealing the password.
    Hope you are in tonight tikay, I am..hehehehe
    Borobabe09

• edited November 2009
    Id go all in because thats what i always do because im a loony
  • edited November 2009
    i would push all in at that point. there we could get all low pairs and draws off to stop bad beats on the river. he might have a low ace and call where then you are a huge favourite to take down £100 . if he folds you have a nice £24.
  • edited November 2009
    Check to induce a bluff.
     This is a dry flop and you're way ahead of most hands that (should) call the big pre flop raise (assuming AK 3 bets).
    AQ is just unlucky
  • edited November 2009

A flush draw is my favourite play and an All-In move forces the other players to reconsider their options unless a possible full house.

Playing the River guarantees exciting play if the odds are in your favour.