You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10PLO - Standard?

edited May 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BIGDTRICSmall blind £0.05£0.05£6.85
stefo15Big blind £0.10£0.15£3.43
PACUBig blind £0.10£0.25£5.42
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q
  • A
  • K

MP33Call £0.10£0.35£9.82
PACUCheck    
EvilPinguCall £0.10£0.45£14.88
BIGDTRICCall £0.05£0.50£6.80
stefo15Check    
Flop

• K
  • K

BIGDTRICCheck    
stefo15Check    
MP33Check    
PACUCheck    
EvilPinguBet £0.38£0.88£14.50
BIGDTRICFold    
stefo15Raise £0.76£1.64£2.67
MP33Fold    
PACUFold    
EvilPinguRaise £2.40£4.04£12.10
stefo15All-in £2.67£6.71£0.00
EvilPinguCall £0.65£7.36£11.45
stefo15Show

EvilPinguShow
  • J
  • Q
  • A
  • K

Turn

River

stefo15WinFull House, 3s and Kings£6.80 £6.80

Comments

• edited May 2012
    To a short stacker sure. Not sure i'd have been happy to get it all in against a full stack on flop in PLO. PLO all about big hands and sure trips on flop is good, but fullhouse certainly possible quite often if someone playing hte low end. Was it high low or? Assume you would have said, but thought i'd ask :) Maybe more happy to if not high low.

Will say PLO not my main game, but used to play it a fair amount on fulltilt a year or so ago.
  • edited May 2012

You allways have outs here so its pretty standard stuff esp vs shortie, pre-flop though i would like to build the pot with your hand on the button.

• edited May 2012
    Pretty standart spot on PLO. Unlucky.

I would like to see a pre flop raise with such hands though.
  • edited May 2012
    PLO is the devil's game and a notorious destroyer of bankrolls
  • edited May 2012
    I would agree this is pretty standard, the villain could play worse Ks the same and even if he has the underhouse (or even K3) you have 9 outs twice to make a bigger house, so you're not that far behind.
  • edited May 2012
    Isn't this a very very standard raise pre flop on the button? 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 10PLO - Standard?:
    Isn't this a very very standard raise pre flop on the button? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Probably, yeah.
  • edited May 2012
    i could put what the opponent had when he min raise on flop so obv he had what he had i always say this if the nuts is out there in omaha more then likely some 1 has got it tbh evil when u get min raised y did u go £2.40 your hand is not great so obv u was beat here imo just call and revaluate on the turn glad u didnt raise preflop alot of people would but omaha is a post flop game qnd dohhhhhh its never a raise preflop not double suited and what if u do raise and get called and come high flop do u really know where u are 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: 10PLO - Standard?:
    i could put what the opponent had when he min raise on flop so obv he had what he had i always say this if the nuts is out there in omaha more then likely some 1 has got it tbh evil when u get min raised y did u go £2.40 your hand is not great so obv u was beat here imo just call and revaluate on the turn glad u didnt raise preflop alot of people would but omaha is a post flop game qnd dohhhhhh its never a raise preflop not double suited and what if u do raise and get called and come high flop do u really know where u are 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Even if I know he has threes full, I'm still putting my money in here as I have 10 outs twice, so almost a flip plus the money I put in already. As I don't know he has threes full, he may have worse bare trips in which case, I'm favourite.

As for raise pre, generally any 4 cards greater than 9 constitutes a premium drawing hand, and with the button as well it is probably a raise - The reason I didn't was because of the lack of suits, but I agree that it was probably a mistake for me to limp pre.
  • edited May 2012
    yeah understand u have 10 outs twice but y raise again the opponent is never folding full house so u get to see the turn for cheap if u hit ya full house u get paid whatever :) 
  • edited May 2012
    i prefer the limp pre then a raise raising gets u in awkward spots u can flop well 2 pairs etc but can u really say your infront and lose alot more in omaha i liked to see flops alot more then holdem obv aakk is a gd hand in omaha but its only gd if we hit a set or a str8 otherwise its pish