You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOOD FORTUNE

edited November 2009 in The Shed

Today I had a bit of good fortune and would like to hear your stories if you too have had some outrageous good fortune.

I put on a football coupon and at 17.45 I had three wrong of ten and throw it in the bucket, at 17.50 I looked at the telly and bang they had all turned around the last of which was Bristol Rovers and I was scrambling in the bucket trying to find it.

Nice 4 figure sum coming my way.

Can you better that?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    my wife knows nothing of gambling. Her brother was doing a job (not jobbie lol) in our house one saturday. He wrote a bet out on a piece of paper in the kitchen, changed his mind, screwed it up in the bin, then went off home. The next day he was over again and my wife asked how his bet went. 'Rubbish, i lost but i would have won a packet if i hadnt changed my mind' My wife then explained that she dug the bet out of the bin and got someone in the bookies to place the bet on and she won £80 lol. He was gutted
  • edited November 2009

Hope he did the job for nothing as well lol

• edited November 2009
    In Response to GOOD FORTUNE:
    Today I had a bit of good fortune and would like to hear your stories if you too have had some outrageous good fortune. I put on a football coupon and at 17.45 I had three wrong of ten and throw it in the bucket, at 17.50 I looked at the telly and bang they had all turned around the last of which was Bristol Rovers and I was scrambling in the bucket trying to find it. Nice 4 figure sum coming my way. Can you better that?
    Posted by Torryladd

yes hands down!! my first wife was getting in a stress with me and was going down the i am going to divorce you route ..... looked quite shocked when i agreed with her and wanted one too!! ..... she was not one for backing down .... we got divorced, then i won the lottery by meeting my current wife who i have been really happy with ever since and for the last 14 years!! 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: GOOD FORTUNE:
    In Response to GOOD FORTUNE : yes hands down!! my first wife was getting in a stress with me and was going down the i am going to divorce you route ..... looked quite shocked when i agreed with her and wanted one too!! ..... she was not one for backing down .... we got divorced, then i won the lottery by meeting my current wife who i have been really happy with ever since and for the last 14 years!! 
    Posted by margatemaf
    pass me the sick bag lol
  • edited November 2009

You big softy but i luv it

In Response to Re: GOOD FORTUNE:
    In Response to GOOD FORTUNE : yes hands down!! my first wife was getting in a stress with me and was going down the i am going to divorce you route ..... looked quite shocked when i agreed with her and wanted one too!! ..... she was not one for backing down .... we got divorced, then i won the lottery by meeting my current wife who i have been really happy with ever since and for the last 14 years!! 
    Posted by margatemaf
  • edited November 2009
    nice  see  not   over till the  fat  lady  sings
  • edited November 2009

WENT TO THE PUB ON A SUNDAY LUNCH AFTER WORK, BAUGHT A PINT PUT 2 QUID IN THE BANDIT AND DING £250 QUID DROPS IN , THAUGHT NICE ONE WHILST HAVEING MY PINT I THAUGHT ID TRY THE OTHER BANDIT £3 QUID L8R BANG 3NUDGES AND ANOYHER £250 QUID SO I ENDID UP WITH 2 PINTS AND 5 HUNDRED POUND COINS . I DIDNT MIND CARRING THEM HOME.

• edited November 2009
    A couple of years ago a mate asked me to put a bet on, he wanted it on the unders and over 2.5 coupon.

I filled the form out and as i was leaving the shop i noticed I had put it on a regular coupon, so it was totally the wrong bet.  So of course I go and put the bet on that he wanted.

His bet didnt do any good but the bet that I had put on by accident came in for a couple ofhundred.