You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 Set

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

What do we do on flop/turn/river, no reads !
PORKO Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £45.35
TeamMoney Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

billytheki Fold        
tich47 Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £11.53
WheresDirk Fold        
rancid Raise   £1.00 £1.70 £27.56
PORKO Call   £0.90 £2.60 £44.45
TeamMoney Fold        
tich47 Call   £0.60 £3.20 £10.93
Flop

• J

PORKO Check        
tich47 Check        
rancid Check        
Turn

PORKO Bet   £2.40 £5.60 £42.05
tich47 Fold        
rancid Call   £2.40 £8.00 £25.16
River

PORKO Bet   £6.00 £14.00 £36.05
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2012
    why aren't you cbetting the flop? 

as played I raise the turn

I probz make it about £14 on the river
  • edited May 2012

you should c-bet here, if board was j22 maybe you can check but not on this board. 

As played just flat river bet, villain could/should be betting turn with his flush draws and if he had A4, porko is capable of having junk for sure(i have played him agees ago), bluffs will only fold to a raise and most of his value range here beats you so no value in raising i dont think, face plam if has a set though lol.

P.S not one post by anyone in the clinic ever have reads its v rare, it is the case sometimes and quite possibly here tbf, but without sounding arrogant it does not take myself v long to get a feel for a player and have an idea on him, i would have basic notes such as.. "limp/called UTG, check/fold to c/bet" then i would assume he is Loose/passive-fish and through observation i could exploit this guy £££. Basic reads are not hard, and to start a post as "readless" is getting a bit old :P
  • edited May 2012
    3bet bigger pre IMO, and c-bet flop.
  • edited May 2012
    I probably should c bet flop after I 3 bet pre 100% of the time

just because u should c bet, is a good enough reason for me not to c bet in my world :S
    But what else do we check on the flop after 3 betting ?

edit: pingu the 3 bet size is a mis click btw :S
  • edited May 2012
    you're cbetting this flop as a bluff so you should cbet this flop with the nuts
    you're never checking this flop and then suddenly getting involved on the turn with anything other than the nuts. Occasionaly you have an underpair but it's more profitable to cbet imo
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 Set:
    you're cbetting this flop as a bluff so you should cbet this flop with the nuts you're never checking this flop and then suddenly getting involved on the turn with anything other than the nuts. Occasionaly you have an underpair but it's more profitable to cbet imo
    Posted by percival09
    yeah u make good point
  • edited June 2012
    3bet pre to at least £1.20. Never check the flop with the nuts, as you wouldn't check this flop after a 3bet if you missed or had over pair etc, so don't do it when you hit big as its a tell that people will pick up on if you do it to often, and a lot of people do it sadly.

As for the rest of it. I'll be surprised if he doesn't turn over A4 or the backdoor flush here if you call. Underset or even rubbish is also possible, but his river bet is strong and I'd be pretty surprised to find you're holding the winning hand even if not calling would be hard based on what little beats you if you take a back door flush out of it. If you have lost the hand I hope it brings home that giving free cards is never good. :)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to NL20 Set:
    What do we do on flop/turn/river, no reads ! PORKO Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £45.35 TeamMoney Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.50   Your hole cards J J       billytheki Fold         tich47 Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £11.53 WheresDirk Fold         rancid Raise   £1.00 £1.70 £27.56 PORKO Call   £0.90 £2.60 £44.45 TeamMoney Fold         tich47 Call   £0.60 £3.20 £10.93 Flop     3 J 5       PORKO Check         tich47 Check         rancid Check         Turn     2       PORKO Bet   £2.40 £5.60 £42.05 tich47 Fold         rancid Call   £2.40 £8.00 £25.16 River     10       PORKO Bet   £6.00 £14.00 £36.05 rancid
    Posted by rancid
    On the flop I think a bet or check is reasonable. No flush draws to protect against or slow down action later.

On the turn I like a raise,It builds the pot. If they don't have a hand or draw you probably won't get paid anymore on the river. And a flush card on the river may scare them if they have a made hand. You can rep a flush draw by raising.

On the river, I would call. If you raise on the river your hand looks very strong. It looks like you are pretty much never bluffing here, and could easily have a lot of different flushes. Therefore I don't think many worse hands would call you. They could have a lot of different flushes aswell that will call.

GL mate, you obviously know what you are doing from reading your posts on the forum.
  • edited June 2012
    i am c-betting here most of the time weather u have set or not that is irrelevant dont know why u didnt if u been c-betting alot with bluffs alot aswell as good hands and gone to showdown where u have lost so have a image a bluffer this is a perfect time to c-bet u have to get maximum value out of your hand so waht if u c -bet and they both fold u still won if u been checking the flop with your good hands and c-betting with no hand people will exploit this as played im calling the river as i dont think any worse is going to call a raise 
  • edited June 2012
    3 bet bigger pre

Bet flop for value, esp as deep v 1 player. Can't see any advantage to checking

As played I prob raise turn

Call river
  • edited June 2012
    Dont mind either way of playing this if you have an aggressive villian who will fire a few bullets into you and try rep what you have its fine. But they way youve played this think you should just call on river plus if you raise your turning your hand face up.

Bet you were be sick when he turns over 10 10 on river though.