You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRENDAN RODGERS

To any Liverpool fans who have doubts about Brendan Rodgers-trust me you have no worries.
Brendan spent many years here at Reading before Mourinho poached him for Chelsea.
He then returned to Reading as manager before moving to Swindon.Why he left Reading,most Royals fans are not sure even now.
A brilliant scout,among others,found Kevin Doyle and Steve Hunt  in Ireland for a total of about £75 k !!!!!!
He's performed marvels at Swansea,getting them promoted.
So beleive me scousers,you'll have no worries,Brendan will do an excellent job for you.

Good luck Brendan,you deserve it.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I was just getting over this, didn't realise it was going to haunt me on Skypoker too :(

He is a great manager, but he was building on solid foundations at Swansea and working to an existing blueprint.

We will struggle to find someone to build on the continuity of the last few years, but it isn't a given that his methods will succeed at Liverpool.

Their charimen introduced him yesterday as someone that plays relentless, attacking football.  Well thats boll@@cks for a start.  Patient, measured, passing football more like.

Will wish him a begrudging GL and hope he doesn't trigger player exodus/lack of belief in my team.

#swans
  • edited June 2012
    he seems a good manager with good football philosophies
    swansea had an excellent home record which is something on liverpools wishlist
    i never understood why liverpool didn't want o'neil ?
    i guess it's up to him and how well he can deal with an hostile media
    nothing less than 4th or 5th and a trophy i guess
    hmmmm let's see. i don't understand also why they didn't want Benitez back ?
    give the guy a chance but i reckon it won't work because he won't have enough time and too much pressure etc.
    i don't care anyway. nobody loves a scouse.
    COME ON YOU GOONERS !!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    i think rogers is a class manager and will do good job a liverpool but i think they should have stuck with kenny myself
  • edited June 2012
    Rodgers is a good manager but wont be able to handle the situation at Liverpool.

Discounting Benitez, over 50 years they have had to have one of their in crowd to do any good. He wont be strong enough to handle the mentality right through the club and its supporters, that only one of their own can to do it. Even when they cant as Kenny proved. 

Everton to out perform them again and another new manager by this time next year.