You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH..I guessed their hands ok but was the AI correct?

Hi folks

I think the title describes my thoughts perfectly. Was the AI the correct play.
YES, JUST SEEN THAT A RERAISE BY ME PRE WOULD HAVE POSSIBLY TAKEN ONE OR BOTH PLAYERS OUT!!
Kicking myself time!!!

Is the ai call with two pair v probably two opponents correct?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancekidstax1Small blind 30.0030.004380.00???Big blind 60.0090.002385.00 Your hole cardsJA@Call60.00150.002425.00profman15Call 60.00210.001175.00DEBBIE222Call 60.00270.004160.00Happy10Call 60.00330.001645.00kidstax1Call 30.00360.004350.00???Check    Flop  J6A@Unmatched bet 40.006305.0040.00???ShowA6@Show93   profman15ShowJA   Turn  2   River  10@WinFlush to the Ace6305.00 6345.00

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Call emitting a noise like g.neville when Torres netted v barca

Also, raise pre
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: BH..I guessed their hands ok but was the AI correct?:
    Call emitting a noise like g.neville when Torres netted v barca Also, raise pre
    Posted by grantorino
    Gary Neville is ridiculously annoying...

Agree with the rest though. The only realistic hand that beats us is 66. That's a tiny portion of the range so be delighted to get your stack in here. You got it in good and lost. That happens.

You should definitely have raised pre-flop.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: BH..I guessed their hands ok but was the AI correct? : Gary Neville is ridiculously annoying... Agree with the rest though. The only realistic hand that beats us is 66. That's a tiny portion of the range so be delighted to get your stack in here. You got it in good and lost. That happens. You should definitely have raised pre-flop.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hi Folks,
    Yes, that Gary Neville cry did seem a bit forced didn't it? One of those hands but i should be reraising pre admittedly. Mind, its a lesson learned eh?
    Borin, i liked your post that was read on one of the progs about your badge at an SPT....funny
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah you made this ugly spot for yourself. I'd have hated having to make this call or choice after letting 6 people into the pot. Nothing worse than a family pot with 2 or more suddenly happy to get it all in the middle, as certainly 66 is one of the hands that would have easy limped into that action. Think you do have to call as played in a BH with only one realistically likely hand beating you right now, but definately should have raised pre as you know. :)
  • edited June 2012
    20bb is a horrible stack to play, and with one limper already, plus the bounty hunter dynamic where someone may call us light to get our bounty, I'd be very tempted to shove pre. We add 2.5bb's to our stack if everyone folds, so it's not a disaster.

Raising with the limper is awkward, as we have to raise quite big, and 3-4x/folding out of a 20bb stack (as we'd have to charge limper tax) is terribad, so I'm never doing that. Raise/calling isn't great either, when we get 3bet here is AJ ever good? Also, when we raise, we're probably going to get stationed rather than 3bet, then be in a multiway pot and miss 70% of the time, and lose a fifth of our stack, so I'm not too keen on that.

Folding is also something you can consider, simply because of stack sizes - If you're not happy open shoving 20bb pre with AJo, I don't think it's a mistake to just fold it.

Limping is just, err... Yeah, don't do it.

Shove > Fold >>>>>>>>>>> Everything else.
  • edited June 2012
    20bb is a horrible stack to play, and with one limper already, plus the bounty hunter dynamic where someone may call us light to get our bounty, I'd be very tempted to shove pre. We add 2.5bb's to our stack if everyone folds, so it's not a disaster. Raising with the limper is awkward, as we have to raise quite big, and 3-4x/folding out of a 20bb stack (as we'd have to charge limper tax) is terribad, so I'm never doing that. Raise/calling isn't great either, when we get 3bet here is AJ ever good? Also, when we raise, we're probably going to get stationed rather than 3bet, then be in a multiway pot and miss 70% of the time, and lose a fifth of our stack, so I'm not too keen on that. Folding is also something you can consider, simply because of stack sizes - If you're not happy open shoving 20bb pre with AJo, I don't think it's a mistake to just fold it. Limping is just, err... Yeah, don't do it. Shove /> Fold >>>>>>>>>>> Everything else.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    So what, we can't open any hand we are not calling off with 20bb deep? If we make it 3bb here and fold we still have 17.  Wouldnt make a massive difference, you basically still have an awkward opening stack and a nice restealing stack. Not saying its the best move here, but on a table where 3bets are rare I would think it would be ok

Also if raise/calling is bad, why is shoving good? 

• edited June 2012
    Yeah obv the limp pre has cost you ure tourny , 2.5x raise pre imo and if you think someone may shove on you then be happy to get it in as its a b/h and players are all too willing to get it all-in with any 2 cards.
    If ure more of a tightish player then just fold it pre and wait for a better spot.
  • edited June 2012
    money went in your ahead, no problem here - u lost it happens
    I can't call quick enough

btw your not raising pre for oppo's to fold, you want them in with worse !
  • edited June 2012
    Hi folks

Great points all round, i feel. TBH, what i was looking for was a J high flop then AI. As soon as i raise in early BH you still get called a lot by people fishing with marginals. I just wanted to see what the flop gave in a cheap way. When it landed as it did...my chips were in no matter what and i still had outs to win. A drawing hand and two underpairs, i'm happy. he caught and good luck to him. TBH, i feel the person drawing should fold or does he have the pot odds? Maybe he just decided to take a punt. I'm happy with the hand and would goall-in again...after all, i was ahead....the poker gods just pressed the wrong button!!! Cheers.....