You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM...SHOULD I HAVE REALISED?

WHAT DO YOU THINK HERE?
He could have had 88, TT, AT and more likely as all four Q's would be out...a rarity. Or am i just grasping at straws? Oh yes, one important thing that may sway your opiniion was that opponent had called AI preflop with AJs in lev 1 which suggested he was loose and 'adventurous' to me.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBigman571Small blind 50.0050.001345.00profman15Big blind 100.00150.001875.00 Your hole cards8Q@Call100.00250.003910.00scotty368Fold    Bigman571Fold    profman15Check    Flop  Q6Q@Check   Turn  10@Unmatched bet 1175.004000.002035.00profman15Show8Q@Show10Q   River  9@WinFull House, Queens and 10s4000.00 6035.0

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Trips with a really rubbish kicker in a limped pot in a DYM... I don't think we have to go broke here, especially as the opponent has played his hand so badly and so face-up.

When you c/r turn and he clicks it back, I'd be folding Q8. You're never going to be good, like hardly ever. Throw it away, you've got 1,475 chips left, you've can still cash. It feels horrible to flop trips then fold, but I think it's going to be a good fold 99.9% of the time. Yes, he'll occasionally have limped AA/KK and played it really badly, but more often than not, we're folding the worst hand.

Idk if I even like raising the turn as played, as we're basically saying we have a Q - You'd probably flat call if you had a 10 here, so with a weak queen, I'd be more inclined to c/c turn and value bet the river, and try to make it look like we have a 10 in this spot.

If I c/c the turn, I'd then:

- Bet and get money in 100% of the time if river is Q, 8, or double pairs the board. 
    - B/c if I think villain is going to go crazy with worse
    - Likely to b/f vs. passive players, especially if the possible flush comes in as well.
  • edited June 2012

+1 to above. Not anything much i can see to disagree with in that at all.

• edited June 2012
    Don't raise turn

Call down
  • edited June 2012
    I lead flop and turn tbh

• edited June 2012
    Hi Guys,

Some really good points by you all. i must admit that the opponents previously loose all in in level one could see him without a Q. By checking, i was trying to lure him in and when the T brought a bet, i must expect i was thinking he had AT or a pair. Tripped myself up , i guess.  Ta for your help...