You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand History

edited June 2012 in Area 51
After recently proving that the 6 top poker networks out there are not "rigged" (all-in equity<50% div underdog wins ACTUAL deviation compared to STATISTICAL deviation of no more than 2 times the standard deviation [2= "small"]) over millions of hands... is there a way at Sky to obtain large hand history packs very easily?

HandHQ was previously used to purchase over 8 million hands which made the data crawling lengthy but relatively simple, however Sky doesn't seem to release hand history. Additionally poker HUDs do not work with Sky as we know and as far as I can see, hand history on accounts only shows 200 hands. So:

*Is there a way to export more than 200 hands?
*Is it possible to buy hand histories from Sky?
*Any other way to view past hands, ie SharkScope possibly?
*If not, why not and can it be arranged, if not, why not?

Thanks all,

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Lol, you will have to post all the millions of hands for anyone to believe you
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah that's why I actually bought the hands :D
    I was surprised that Entraction network passed the variance test, it's always seemed a little old school dodgy to me. But we need the hands in the first place which I suspect Sky will not happily oblige... for reasons unknown of course.
  • edited June 2012
    You can buy my hand historys if you want?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Hand History:
    You can buy my hand historys if you want?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    You got change for a pound???
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Hand History:
    [QUOTE]After recently proving that the 6 top poker networks out there are not "rigged"(all-in equity<50% div underdog wins ACTUAL deviation compared to STATISTICAL deviation of no more than 2 times the standard deviation [2= "small"]) over millions of hands... is there a way at Sky to obtain large hand history packs very easily? HandHQ was previously used to purchase over 8 million hands which made the data crawling lengthy but relatively simple, however Sky doesn't seem to release hand history. Additionally poker HUDs do not work with Sky as we know and as far as I can see, hand history on accounts only shows 200 hands. So: *Is there a way to export more than 200 hands? *Is it possible to buy hand histories from Sky? *Any other way to view past hands, ie SharkScope possibly? *If not, why not and can it be arranged, if not, why not? Thanks all,
    Posted by cyraxis

so am i right in assuming that you bought 8m hh and have now proved that online poker statistics basically work out the way they should?.

if so can we see the results somewhere?,it might quieten a few people down!.

also why do you want sky's hh?..surely if you have proved its not rigged over 6 sites you should have the belief in your conclusions and accept that
    sky's results will be similar?
  • edited June 2012
    Yes Daveyzz, however whether it's because the traffic is primarily UK based (likes to moan more) or people just play on periods of downswing all the time here, Sky has the highest proportion of low rated reviews on each site as well as some of the lowest traffic figures given its age. And after the almost "mechanical" feel to downswings on this site - whether it is only a perspective after reading the said reviews or whether its true or not - as Sky is my local I would like to do it some justice either way.
  • edited June 2012
    Yes Daveyzz, however whether it's because the traffic is primarily UK based (likes to moan more) or people just play on periods of downswing all the time here, Sky has the highest proportion of low rated reviews on each site as well as some of the lowest traffic figures given its age. And after the almost "mechanical" feel to downswings on this site - whether it is only a perspective after reading the said reviews or whether its true or not - as Sky is my local I would like to do it some justice either way.
    Posted by cyraxis
    every,and i mean EVERY site i have played on there are numerous players saying "its fixed" e.t.c...you you have proof that 6 of the biggest are not then i believe there is no reason to think sky is.

any review site that asks you to rate a poker site is going to get a big proportion of moaners who have just suffered a bad beat imo.

as for buying hands histories that is unethical in itself in my opinion...why should any site sell hh and give info to people?
  • edited June 2012
    as for buying hands histories that is unethical in itself in my opinion...why should any site sell hh and give info to people?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Semi agree here but the other sites do, presumably to dispell such rumours. And selling hands aka pretty useless data on its own, is money I guess. Nothing to hide then it just feels more transparent and friendly overall :D
  • edited June 2012

this is a good effort i must say.. but other than that just LOL
  • edited June 2012
    this is a good effort i must say.. but other than that just LOL
    Posted by djblacke04
    puts your research to shame really.... beats 6 guys paying for a 30p sng and seeing if the hands hold correct % of time.
  • edited June 2012
    like your style splashies!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Hand History : puts your research to shame really.... beats 6 guys paying for a 30p sng and seeing if the hands hold correct % of time.
    Posted by splashies

firstly i have no recollection of ever playing a 30p DYM.....
    and secondly to BUY 8 Million hands would be very expensive....

Mega LOL....
  • edited June 2012

Cyraxis, how do you go about buying these hands? How much they cost? Did you have to analyse them all yourself to conclude the sites are fair? If so how did you do it?