You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Right move on flop?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
lukyalwaysSmall blind 25.0025.003260.00zagnikBig blind 50.0075.002830.00 Your hole cardsKA   angie6108Raise 150.00225.002820.00jervis03Fold    intheredFold    trubbsCall 150.00375.002790.00lukyalwaysCall 125.00500.003135.00zagnikCall 100.00600.002730.00Flop  652   lukyalwaysCheck    zagnikCheck    angie6108Check    trubbsBet 250.00850.002540.00lukyalwaysCall 250.001100.002885.00zagnikFold    angie6108All-in 2820.003920.000.00trubbsFold    lukyalwaysFold    angie6108Muck    angie6108Win 1350.00 1350.00angie6108Return 2570.000.003920.00

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Yes I like it.

You had 2 ways of winning by shoving, either they both fold or you hope to hit flush.
  • edited June 2012
    thankyou donkeyflop 
  • edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    I might have re raised on the flop . Shove ok tho.

Bet someone got a set here!!!
  • edited June 2012
    I kinda like the check raise all in. Its tough if you get called by two people on flop and wiff on turn then you have a bloated pot OOP with ace high with two people left to act.
  • edited June 2012
    Hate it tbh.

We 3x pre, get 3 callers.  2 of 4 players going to flop check in front of us.  What do we do when 4th player doesnt open flop when we check also? (as done here)

Seems like we're puts our eggs in buttons basket here.

How do we win pot if button checks back & turn is a brick/off suit filler?  What do we do when button opens and SB + BB fold?  crai is just ugly.

Just open flop with betting lead.  We force out all the hands we want to play against.  As played we are lucky there is as much as there is in the pot.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Right move on flop?:
    Hate it tbh. We 3x pre, get 3 callers.  2 of 4 players going to flop check in front of us.  What do we do when 4th player doesnt open flop when we check also? (as done here) Seems like we're puts our eggs in buttons basket here. How do we win pot if button checks back & turn is a brick/off suit filler?  What do we do when button opens and SB + BB fold?  crai is just ugly. Just open flop with betting lead.  We force out all the hands we want to play against.  As played we are lucky there is as much as there is in the pot.
    Posted by AMYBR
    If everyone checks we can assume we have the best hand and it gives us a free card to hit our flush or over cards. I do think that we get called by worse flush draws also if we play it this way.
  • edited June 2012
    If everyone checks we can not (lol) assume we have the best hand at all omo vs modern c/c mentality.  Plus we invite 2ndpr> call downs by keeping pot small and giving up betting lead.  Plus we lose 50% of our equity when turn bricks/fills off suit, making a wide range of hands 4 way that we just dont want to play against.  Purr luss its going to be hard getting value vs all but the weaker flush draw hand you speak of, given 4 to flop + turn for free.

I just can not think of a single reason to opt to crai in this spot, 4to flop, 2 checking in front & 1 plyr left to act.

Just lead flop.  What do we think calls us when we play hand this way?  A set that we are a big dog vs/?
  • edited June 2012

I like the way you played the hand wen you flop a draw like this i feel we can try and max all are fold equity out off the hands and make the better hands atm on the flop fold.If you get the allinn through you win 1000 chips which puts like 33% extra on are stack.If we do get a call by a overpair is it really that bad as we have put are chips in with a very big draw where the chips in the middle put a nice increase on are stack we have tried to get the most fold equity we can out off the hand and if were called its not all doom and gloom we just have to win a flip to stay in the turny.Wp imo

• edited June 2012
    looking at it again sober i dont hate it hate it.

I think we just risk too much that button bets.

We mostly turn our hand into a bluff value wise, and force out action from all hands we want to keep.

Going passive/possum makes no real sense 4 handed with the betting lead.  Think its a disaster when button checks back flop.

Just bet lol.
  • edited June 2012
    I like a c/r if you know for sure villainw ill take a stab at it, because you want to get your money in on the flop when you have the most equity so I probz just bet
  • edited June 2012
    Check raising here is fine if we think villain will bet alot of the time but its risky as he wont bet often enough in to 3 people as a bluff or with a middling hand in my opinion which is why i prefer a lead out with a view to getting it in.