You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Some hands from the Super Roller

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Would like people's thoughts on these please :)

** Have posted hand ID's before each of the 5 hands, if Sky wish to put any of these on the "Poker Clinic" show on Thursday **

1) #527046286 - I felt that once I raised, and CTBN limp/jammed, I had to call the rest off here? Villain had been limping the SB quite often, even when folded around to him, but had been aggro post-flop.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ctbnSmall blind 150.00150.005315.00
EvilPinguBig blind 300.00450.0014320.00
 Your hole cards

besty1313Fold    
harpomarksFold    
DREAMHUNTECall 300.00750.0046049.00
percival09Fold    
ctbnCall 150.00900.005165.00
EvilPinguRaise 900.001800.0013420.00
DREAMHUNTEFold    
ctbnAll-in 5165.006965.000.00
EvilPinguCall 4265.0011230.009155.00
ctbnShow
  • K

EvilPinguShow

Flop

• J

Turn

River

• K

ctbnWinTwo Pairs, Kings and 10s11230.00 11230.00

2) #527071263 - Value bet river?

harpomarksSmall blind 250.00250.0016495.00
DREAMHUNTEBig blind 500.00750.0063531.50
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

BasFold    
ctbnFold    
EvilPinguRaise 1000.001750.0024715.00
_ARAZI_Fold    
harpomarksFold    
DREAMHUNTECall 500.002250.0063031.50
Flop

• K

DREAMHUNTECheck    
EvilPinguCheck    
Turn

DREAMHUNTECheck    
EvilPinguCheck    
River

• Q

DREAMHUNTECheck    
EvilPinguCheck

3) #527109546 - Too passive? Should I 3bet pre and should I be folding flop to a c-bet? Feels too weak to play 9s like this.

<td class="hhamt" style="padding:7px 5px;margin:0px;color:#666666;vertical-align:middle;fon
EvilPinguSmall blind 800.00800.0091455.26
lettie05Big blind 1600.002400.00149851.17
 Your hole cards

cleggerFold    
DREAMHUNTEFold    
IRONZRaise 4800.007200.0063842.00
WisdomatorFold    
EvilPinguCall 4000.0011200.0087455.26
lettie05Call 

Comments

• edited June 2012

Hi im new to the forum ill give you my advice whats that worth lol....Hand one its a weird line for him to have such a small stack and to be limping in with 15 big blinds!.If you feel your above his range i feel they is nothing wrong in raising your 99 in this spot But be prepared to call the shove as a lot off agrro players here will be reshipping with the stack size he has to max there fold equity in the hand he will feel you can fold sum off the time in this spot and if you do he puts 20% on his stack.i think once you have raised its a auto call as hes jamming much worse here.

Hand two
    Same player and player dependant again has he been calling down light?.I feel your most def in front in this spot but a vlaue bet is a decent % off his stack so if you value bet i think it has to be very small offering very good pot odds i like 500-600 as all weaker pairs may call us down also is the player in question capable off checking a made better hand all the way to the river risking getting no value?.Also is he capable off turning his hand into a bluff on the river for his stack?.So i think it depends on the player in this spot but i hate missing value so i prob bet very small here as feel we can maybe get a little bit off value out of are hand on the river

hand three

I feel is a intresting hand villian is playing 40bbs deep and us 60bb (bit less).With the stack sizes i feel its such a awakward spot for us.To play this hand i would have to know the following information how much the initial raiser had been raising and how he had reacted to been 3 bet in the past to make a solid decision.is he capable off 4 betting allinn light?.This is key info to make a solid decision about this hand. With been out off posistion its a real tricky spot.Maybe we can 3 bet to 12k if he 4 bets shoves we can pass and hopefully we can take it down pre becuase is his stack bigger enough to flat are 3 bet before the flop and if he 4 bets shoves light hes earned them chips lol

There my thoughts on 3 off the hands will have a look at others bit later

• edited June 2012
    1 nh
    2 usually bet flop, vbet river 1/2 pot
    3 pre and post pretty read dependent. Generally 3b/c pre, as played I prob call flop, but don't hate a fold 3way oop with a player left to act
    4. Awkward stacks for either 3b or call pre. I prob call and plan making moves on some flops.. Flop either c/f or intend firing more than once. I jam the turn, although he can easily have Ax or Kx sometimes, but he should fold most pps
    5 I consider checking flop. Turn check fine imo. River I think is read dependent, prob a fold despite odds
  • edited June 2012
    Hand one. Yeah no doubt a call after he ships, as your pretty well priced against the kind of range he ships with here,  and just just lost flip. Standard.

Hand two. Yeah I can see why you checked back, but think I'd have been tempted to thin value it, as its been checked to you on 3 streets. So unless he has shown to be uber passive not sure I see a reason to be to cautious. Obviously folding to a reraise, but don't see issue with thiin value bet.

Hand three: Think you could have 3bet pre, as he is in CO. As played I think its either as done here with C/F or one of two options. If he is likely to be aggresive post flop on more than one street I think I'd prefer a small check raise if you think you are ahead rather than C/C. If he can give up with resistance then maybe C/C, but I don't uber like it having to C/C 2 streets when you like 45% chance each street to see a card that won't make you feel any better about your 99.

Hand four: Yeah, don't have issue 3betting light with 55 and flop Cbet is fine as thats a pretty decent flop for a 55. Turn is also a peach of a card to rep, so think if villian has issues with folding on turn when facing bad cards I think definately a turn bet might have got him folding. Don't majorly have a problem checking it down, but think you might have got the turn barrel through, but thats maybe coloured by seeing results.

Hand five: From the hands you've been in with him before I got to put this as a value bet and you are beat. He doesn't strike me has having bet overly wrong in the other hands, so unless you've seen him get out of shape I'd be surprised if he doesn't have the flush here or better. Not sure I put him on the case ace, as no 3bet pre means either he don't like to 3bet or if it is an ace its not going to be much better than yours. Trips are a tough laydown though, and so totally get the call, but I really suspect based on the board and his bet size he has you beat.